Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Dec 2002, 00:22 (Ref:443802)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if a NEW Le Mans Game is going to be released next year?

Ive got the 2000 Le Mans game on the PS2 currnetly but seeing as it was a first generation PS2 game the graphics, gamplay and sound are a bit dated in comparisson to games such as toca race driver and GT3.

Does anyone know if there is another offical Le Mans game in the works?
Old 6 Dec 2002, 01:07 (Ref:443823)   #2
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember a while back that there was a game announced that would include the ALMS cars and drivers that would include Le Mans...I don't recall the details of it or the maker/publisher, but I know there is a thread about the game floating a few pages back in the Sportscar/GT Racing forum.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 01:12 (Ref:443825)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, thanks man Ill have a dig through the archives..
Old 6 Dec 2002, 02:16 (Ref:443849)   #4
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wouldn't get your hopes up on this one.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 03:02 (Ref:443867)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I dont see why it would be getting my hopes up, there has been 2 previous Le Mans games made by infogrames. One was made in 1998 for the PS1 and the other 2001 for the PS2.

The game might not be a number 1 chart topper but it does certainly get a respectable ammount of people buy it. Also the Le Mans game itself whilst not being the best graphically is still one of the most realistic in terms of gameplay and track layout and the speeds of the car and what small changes u make do affect the car.

It is a good simulation.
Old 6 Dec 2002, 13:25 (Ref:444158)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't have a Playstation (of either variety), but, as I understand it, the Infogrames PS game is a variant of the Infogrames PC game of the same name. Knowing me as you do, you will understand that it was a game that I just had to have.

It is/was dire.

It doesn't help that I play a lot of GPL and played a lot of SCGT (for which you can download a superb version of La Sarthe (both with and without chicanes), games which were 1000% superior to the Infogrames version. I haven't even bothered to buy the revised version of the same game, as I understood from others that it was so poor. If someone ever does bring out a decent Le Mans game (for the PC, that is), I will be first in the queue (if I can drag myself out of the house and away from GPL!!)
Old 6 Dec 2002, 16:51 (Ref:444387)   #7
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not entirely right, Aysedasi - Infogrames made two core games using the le Mans license. The first was by a British developer called Eutecynix, and was released on the PSone and PC in 1998, which is the one you're probably thinking of.

The second game - a sequel in everything but name - was developed by Infogrames Melbourne House in Australia for the Dreamcast, and was a sorely needed improvement. This was then ported from the DC to PS2 and PC. While the second title hasn't aged as well as most would have hoped since debuting on the DC two years ago, it's still a polished, playable game that most racing fans should be able to draw enjoyment from, especially if found for the right price (not difficult).

Despite this, though, I somehow doubt we'll see a new Le Mans game from Melbourne House. In developer terms, their reputation as an up-and-coming development house is very good now, and I suspect they'll probably be moving onto bigger and better things now they've put the finishing touches to Grand Prix Challenge on PS2. That's not to say there won't be another Le Mans game comissioned by Infogrames, though.

In the mean time, you guys might want to check out Total Immersion Racing (Xbox, PC, PS2). It's not the greatest racer ever, indeed, at a time when there's McRae 3, WRC II, Sega GT 2002, F1 2002, Grand Prix Challenge and the like out there, you'd have to really love Le Mans style racing to buy it, but you can do worse.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 04:59 (Ref:444828)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
It doesn't help that I play a lot of GPL and played a lot of SCGT (for which you can download a superb version of La Sarthe (both with and without chicanes), games which were 1000% superior to the Infogrames version. I haven't even bothered to buy the revised version of the same game, as I understood from others that it was so poor. If someone ever does bring out a decent Le Mans game (for the PC, that is), I will be first in the queue (if I can drag myself out of the house and away from GPL!!)
Aysedasi, knowing how you liked SCGT from some of your earlier postings, I think you would really enjoy the add-ons for F1-2001. You can download a number of different Sportscar mods along with Sebring and a conversion of Matt Lucas' LeMans. What makes the F1-2001 mods a better choice than SCGT for your sportscar fix is the physics which are quite good and in my opinion second only to GPL. Only one downfall, no 917's
But still quite brilliant!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Dec 2002, 12:23 (Ref:444980)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I accept entirely what you say Markules (as I haven't tried the PS game, I don't really know what its like), but all I know is that the original Inforgrames PC game really stinks!

And I'm sure you're right ace about the F1-2001 add-on. I've been meaning to get the game and try it for some time, but (as will be obvious!), I'm so wrapped up in GPL at the moment, that it'll just have to wait!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 7 Dec 2002 at 12:26.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 14:04 (Ref:445042)   #10
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 2001 for the Group C mod and LeMans (Incidentaly, there's a way you can remove the chicanes on the Mulsanne) and F1 2002 for the Alfa Mod, Sportscar Pack and the simply sublime GT2002 mod which everyone has been raving about so far. Many are of the belief that it is a significant improvement over GPL. Doug Arnao (GPL Physics feller) worked on it. Good credentials before you even see the piccies.

With regard to the LeMans games. I bought the first one for the PSOne. The actual Sarthe track had to be cut down for memory issues. In other words, the Mulsanne was a simple 100-200 metre dash to each chicane. Really was pitiful. I believe a fast lap was 1:09. Ridiculous. The Melbourne House LeMans was a significant improvement. I always preferred the Dreamcast version over the PS2 one though for some reason despite the PS2 version having the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta. Simplistic physics in comparative tersm but one of the only games that I'd actually worked through to the extent of completeing the full 24 hour event. Of course, I was nuts in my younger days.

Total Immersion Racing. Good racer despite some of its fundamental flaws. Try that on Legend difficulty and you'll be racing midpack even in the Bentley or Audi.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 16:10 (Ref:445088)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As far as TIR is concerned, its a case of waiting for the bargain bins, I think.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 21:49 (Ref:445814)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be nice to have an ALMS game.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 22:33 (Ref:445855)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I think it would be nice to have an ALMS game.
There is one coming out next year.................
Old 10 Dec 2002, 21:17 (Ref:447255)   #14
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would be good is a game where you race for hours - see a summary of your team mates stints and then race for more hours on end.