Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Aug 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3666734)   #1
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Cole, Anglia driver

This is possibly not the best/right place to put this, but I and another past saloon/touring car driver, Adrian Webb, (who some of you may remember from the late 60s and into the 70s) are trying to find an old friend of ours from way back then.

He is John Cole, and he also raced an Anglia, again late 60s into the 70s. We've lost touch and would like renew our friendship if that's possible. It is a long time since he and I spoke, and that would have been when we shared a garage in Parliament Hill, North London. If it helps to jog anyone's memory, he was connected to The Holly Bush pub in Hampstead being married to the publican's daughter.
Old 20 Aug 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3666740)   #2
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike,
it's a long shot .... but the long-time landlord of the Harcourt Arms, Harcourt St., Marylebone, was a John Cole. He told me that he raced Chevrons in period, as I recall.

He sold the Harcourt about 18 months ago, and I have no word of him since then... probably retired I would have thought. A very nice bloke and a good landlord.
Nick
Old 20 Aug 2016, 16:16 (Ref:3666741)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Nick. Will certainly follow that up.
Old 21 Aug 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3666885)   #4
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought a 2 litre FVC engine from a chap who had a pub in the Kings Cross area back in 1974/75. I think Kings Cross is close to Marylebone, but I am a northerner! I'll ask my brother if he can remember his name and the pub's name.
Old 21 Aug 2016, 15:27 (Ref:3666889)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Thanks for that, Peter.

Allan Brown also had contact with him at the pub about his Chevron B19 and there is a bit about the car's history on Allen's website.

Any more info will be gratefully received, as Adrian and I are getting quite excited about renewing old friendships. And in case anyone thinks that Adrian's name rings a bell, he used to race an Imp, and then a Capri.