Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4036734)   #316
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All Ferrari comments to the new thread please.

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155948
Old 1 Mar 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4037767)   #317
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to AUTOhebdo (paper edition), from a source at the ACO, the 24 Hours would be postponed at the end of August, more probably on the 22 and 23. The creation of "villages" of 5000 persons or more is still in the air.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4037769)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Autohebbo is a reliable source and August wouldn’t be too much of a delay. Just have to see when spectators are allowed to visit from overseas at the earliest
Old Yesterday, 08:46 (Ref:4037824)   #319
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to AUTOhebdo (paper edition), from a source at the ACO, the 24 Hours would be postponed at the end of August, more probably on the 22 and 23. The creation of "villages" of 5000 persons or more is still in the air.
Finally some information. Must be a tough balancing act for the ACO as they won't want to tear up the WEC calendar too badly.

That rumoured date sits fairly equidistant between Monza and Fuji. So I can see why they've gone for it. Albeit September might have been better for fan numbers at the track.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 (Ref:4037842)   #320
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
That date would clash with the Suzuka 10 Hours IGTC race, not that I expect the ACO to know or care about that! The Sat-Sun is 21st-22nd btw, not 22nd-23rd.
Old Yesterday, 18:51 (Ref:4038037)   #321
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Discovery Bay, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
I'd be on board with an end of August race (purely as a spectator on TV). We've got back to back weekends of IMSA and Indycar at Laguna Seca in September, and I have at least two friends flying out for it. Would be terrible if Le Mans was on either of those weekends.
Old Yesterday, 19:37 (Ref:4038049)   #322
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Progress in vaccine is not going so well here.Due to the lack of vaccine doses in France we can understand they need more doses in this area so where will go the doses as a priority??
It seems that there's a kind of first arrived first served rule, meaning that some areas have been ordering a long while ago much more doses than needed…*In addition, they've just change the rules of priority. My doctor told me to wait till the end of April at best for the first jab.

As to LM races, ACO has to study the two meetings in a raw, modern and classic, either at the end of Aug or early Sept. Dont know if its viable financial and technical wise with no spectators.
Sorry, others have been typing faster than me.
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit à la maison mère, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.
Old Yesterday, 20:10 (Ref:4038056)   #323
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Racer reporting possibility of August date too.

https://racer.com/2021/03/02/le-mans...st-allow-fans/
Old Yesterday, 20:55 (Ref:4038078)   #324
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ideal for us teachers...
Old Yesterday, 21:05 (Ref:4038081)   #325
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Just checked the credit note I got for the 2020 race and it says:

"This voucher is valid from 18/08/2020 and until May 31st, 2021 for 2021 24 HEURES DU MANS tickets of same type, category and price as initially booked and pending on availability. It can also be used as a deposit for another product with a higher price. Failing to use your credit note before its valid period, you will be fully refunded from June 1st, 2021."
Old Yesterday, 22:20 (Ref:4038097)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I assume that those vouchers are from an agency rather than the ACO themselves, my tickets are with the ACO direct so presume they will still be valid, however i suspect i will have to pay another years aco membership. Oh well as long as i get my tickets i will have to accept the cost.
Old Yesterday, 22:23 (Ref:4038099)   #327
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Discovery Bay, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
Good news on our side of the pond. President Biden announcing today that there will be enough vaccines for every adult American by the end of May.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03...-to-boost-supp
Old Yesterday, 22:53 (Ref:4038104)   #328
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Discovery Bay, CA
Racer reporting August now too (with fans!): https://racer.com/2021/03/02/le-mans...uamOa-e9oYNO9M
Old Today, 06:59 (Ref:4038139)   #329
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I assume that those vouchers are from an agency rather than the ACO themselves
No, direct from ACO. Bought my tickets direct and the credit note is also from ACO.