Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3367974)   #2526
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find that... interesting. SRT Viper GTS-R takes 3rd at Daytona, Corvette finishes in the latter half of the top 10 and later a sinkhole happens at the Corvette Museum.

Ominous signs, indeed.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3367995)   #2527
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Oh tickle my ..... Rich . That Porsche is going to trounce the 458 this year again ..... and your just too proud to admit it ..... and you know it .......

Also the Aston is going to batter that Fiat too ..... Ferrari runner up AGAIN !!!
Didnt Ferrari win the wec last year? Lol
Old 13 Feb 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3368078)   #2528
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ok ..... In laymans terms ..... WTF are sink holes ? I mean I understand what they are but not how they come to be .

Is it old mining tunnels collapsing or what ?
Eastern Kentucky is all limestone. There are huge caves everywhere: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoth_cave

We build stuff on it and it occasionally collapses, albeit very rarely. Parts of Florida have sinkholes for the same reason.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3368399)   #2529
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Didnt Ferrari win the wec last year? Lol
Oh I believe they did.....
Old 14 Feb 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3368516)   #2530
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Trying not to stray off topic here, but sink holes nonetheless.

Louisiana sinkholes are becoming a bit of a crisis now, here is an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cOSzEKvrQ terrifying
Old 14 Feb 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3368519)   #2531
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Trying not to stray off topic here, but sink holes nonetheless.

Louisiana sinkholes are becoming a bit of a crisis now, here is an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cOSzEKvrQ terrifying
I've lived in Cali and Wa state so a moving earth is something that's not new to me(been in two quakes > 6.8). But, sinkholes, man they're freaking creepy.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3368524)   #2532
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Eastern Kentucky is all limestone. There are huge caves everywhere: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoth_cave
Not to put too fine a point on it but Bowling Green is in Western Kentucky.....

If you say something like that again, we'll haul you all in....

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3396182)   #2533
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I probably have missed this completely, but why were there no Corvettes at the Silverstone WEC race?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3396184)   #2534
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I probably have missed this completely, but why were there no Corvettes at the Silverstone WEC race?
Factory team doesn't care of WEC + Larbre got ****ed when ACO refused to have them enter C7.R into AM (even though they have now removed the year old chassis rule). Leconte and co had also been unhappy with C6.Rs balance of performance values
Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3396344)   #2535
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoiler

By the way, congratulations to the Corvette Team with the first C7.R win, a double podium at Long Beach!

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3396389)   #2536
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Factory team doesn't care of WEC + Larbre got ****ed when ACO refused to have them enter C7.R into AM (even though they have now removed the year old chassis rule). Leconte and co had also been unhappy with C6.Rs balance of performance values
I think theyd like to do wec, but theres not much incentive. Maybe in a couple years or more when they open up the gt regs we will see Vettes Vipers BMWs etc.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3396471)   #2537
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Corvette C6R GTE will be in International GT Open. The car is the Corvette used for Gavin, Milner and Westbrook in Le Mans 2013.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/nur...h-racing-team/
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3396634)   #2538
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Racing used one last year too iirc. The SRT car apparently is going to be getting a 7.0L V8....
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3399736)   #2539
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Ouch!!!

Before and after photos from CNN of the Corvettes recovered from the sinkhole cave-in at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/travel...eum11aVODphoto
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3399740)   #2540
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Before and after photos from CNN of the Corvettes recovered from the sinkhole cave-in at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/travel...eum11aVODphoto
Too bad, did not know this had happened, no injuries ?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3399751)   #2541
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
some of those cars look really bad, knew about the sink hole but thought it would be just bodywork damage
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3399752)   #2542
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
no injuries ?
Nope, thankfully this happened when the museum was closed.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3399764)   #2543
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Nope, thankfully this happened when the museum was closed.
How on earth are they going to repare the museum ground?
Old 29 Apr 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3399767)   #2544
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't think there is going to be any repairing done, IMO. Kentucky is honeycombed with natural caves. I'm not sure that I would want to walk back into that building knowing that the center of it had caved in!

We actually toured the museum in the summer of 2012 and we shot a ton of photos. I actually was able to make a small contribution to the museum. I have a photo of Andy Pilgrim taking the new Corvette out for its first practice when Corvette had just returned to sports car racing. It was the first drive!
Old 6 May 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3402943)   #2545
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=29247

Not a mention of ACO's Michelin test track BoP sessions, but Corvette is doing pre-LM testing at Road America.

Less surprisingly only three chassis built so had Larbre actually managed to lobby C7.R into GTE-AM earlier this year they would have had to run the test mule or request P&M to build another chassis
Old 6 May 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3403085)   #2546
TF110
Veteran

United States
I hope we see one next year in GTE AM. Maybe its possible if Vette takes a LM win this year. Im hoping for one.
Old 6 May 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3403086)   #2547
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I don't think there is going to be any repairing done, IMO. Kentucky is honeycombed with natural caves. I'm not sure that I would want to walk back into that building knowing that the center of it had caved in!

We actually toured the museum in the summer of 2012 and we shot a ton of photos. I actually was able to make a small contribution to the museum. I have a photo of Andy Pilgrim taking the new Corvette out for its first practice when Corvette had just returned to sports car racing. It was the first drive!
My understanding is that they will use earth. They are working on it now and the museum is still open. I heard they will use a system of caissons and piles to re-support at a deeper depth (errr... more deeper?), in-fill with soil, and reconstruct the SOG as if it were an elevated slab.
Old 30 May 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3412634)   #2548
TF110
Veteran

United States
Corvette write up on motorsport.com. Driver quotes to go with it. Talk about the low downforce package they tested at Road America and the general feel of the car.
Old 30 May 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3412719)   #2549
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Corvette write up on motorsport.com. Driver quotes to go with it. Talk about the low downforce package they tested at Road America and the general feel of the car.
I think the 2014 C7.R picks up where the 2008 Corvette GT1 left off. Compare the look of the photo in the article to the 2008. The ridges along the top of the fenders, especially...

Old 31 May 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3413333)   #2550
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.corvetteracing.com/histor.../lemans2.shtml
This also is the first race at Le Mans for a Corvette with a direct-injection engine since the final GT1 race for the C6.R in 2009. Corvette Racing engineers expect a 3 percent gain in fuel economy over the C6.R which could mean one less pit stop over the course of 24 Hours - a potentially huge advantage.

I don't think that advantage really materializes because ACO has just given Corvette -5 liter BoP penalty (in relation to C6.R ZR1) for having that direct injection, just as the case is with 458...

Moral of the story: don't bother?