Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2178661)   #1
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chevron B12

Going through this thread

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...2029&highlight

I am wondering where that car went. I have heard rumours that it ended somewhere in Germany, but is anybody around who can confirm that?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2179253)   #2
james s
Rookie

United Kingdom
Alton,Hants
james s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to Vin Malkie's website (web.chevron.biteus.net) they have pictures of the b12 as discovered in Germany.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 06:48 (Ref:2179504)   #3
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by james s
Go to Vin Malkie's website (web.chevron.biteus.net) they have pictures of the b12 as discovered in Germany.
well, that is great news, I actually talked to Helen Malkie during the 2006 Silverstone Historics, and according to her the trace went dead in Germany. Good to see it back and hopefully soon.
Old 14 Jul 2022, 06:28 (Ref:4119474)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news on this car yet?
Old 14 Jul 2022, 07:59 (Ref:4119483)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Any news on this car yet?
@rbs

Probably not news but I found this website for the one off B12 that has pictures (though not really of any restoration as such).... from the website linked below. (I could not get anything other than error messages on the mentioned Vin Malkie's website (web.chevron.biteus.net)
Edit: Just noticed the previous post to rbs was in 2008 which migh explain the dead link!

(I did find something distancing Vin and Helen Malkie from Chevron on the Chevron History website, right at the end
http://www.chevronracingcars.com/history.html

Link to the Chevron B12 website I mentioned above: (which indicates the car is for sale.... not sure if that is current info or it is sold now and in new hands)

http://chevronb12.com/

Quote:
....In 1972 the car was taken to Nürburgring Interserie race by Detlef Vanselow to its last race.

In 2007 the car was bought by its current owner and restored to concourse condition. During the restoration process, an original Repco F1 engine was acquired in America to complete the car to its former glory. The restoration process is documented throughout with pictures.
Also from the same 'B12' website source, under the Owner Provenance section:

Quote:
.....In 1974 the car was sold to the brother of Detlef Vanselow. In 1975 the car was bought by the former Head of Porsche’s Customer Racing Department. He kept the car for 31 years until 2007. In 2007 the car was bought by its current owner, who fully restored the car until 2011.

There is also an email link plus a phone number on the contact section of that website.

Apologies Bob if this is nothing new, but it is at least something regarding this fabulous one off piece of Chevron History.

Chris

Last edited by E.B; 14 Jul 2022 at 08:19.
Old 14 Jul 2022, 08:27 (Ref:4119484)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
@rbs

Link to the Chevron B12 website I mentioned above: (which indicates the car is for sale.... not sure if that is current info or it is sold now and in new hands)

http://chevronb12.com/

Chris
Re my earlier post it seems the "For Sale" status is current. Just seen the car is currently advertised:

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...ex-john-woolfe
Old 14 Jul 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4119503)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had heard that it had been restored but nothhing since, be good to see it at the Silverstone Classic. i remember seeing it when it came to Silverstone for the 1st time and it raced without the rear bodywork!
Old 20 Aug 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4123267)   #8
ossyhodge
Rookie

United Kingdom
ossyhodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Chevron B12 from 1968

Hi, Regarding the Cars 1966 420 Repco Engine - purchased 2nd hand from Brabham for 1968 -but never rebuilt - hence all its problems when used inc Le Mans ie usual head gasket problems but quick when it decided to perform - the Rebuild of the said Engine for the Current Car for sale in the USA where the work was carried out ,which comprised of a complete strip & inspection, its old Jetfire GM alloy V8 block was warped - a new 1967 type Repco's own Alloy Cast Block was obtained plus all other necc parts & totally rebuilt - Dyno tested & passed off as in excellent condition - which it should have been when used in 1968 - all i know about the Cars current price in Germany it has been excellently restored via its ,owner, a Doctor over there viewed but is quite expensive - Circa 1968 GT40 Prices but according to Digby Martland who was co driver when it did light up & go it was as good as any GT40 from that period even with a sick Engine - it is still on its ex 1966 F1 Brabham 15inch Diameter wheels which have been properly fully checked replaced if necc & preserved

Last edited by ossyhodge; 20 Aug 2022 at 14:26.
Old 20 Aug 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4123268)   #9
ossyhodge
Rookie

United Kingdom
ossyhodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Chevron B12 from 1968

Hi, Regarding the Cars 1966 420 Repco Engine - purchased 2nd hand from Brabham for 1968 -but never rebuilt - hence all its problems when used inc Le Mans ie usual head gasket problems but quick when it decided to perform - the Rebuild of the said Engine for the Current Car for sale in the USA was a complete strip & inspection, its old Jetfire GM alloy V8 block was warped - a new 1967 type Repco's own Alloy Cast Block was obtained plus all other necc parts & totally rebuilt - Dyno tested & passed off as in excellent condition - which it should have been when used in 1968 - all i know about the Cars current price in Germany it has been excellently restored via its ,owner, a Doctor over there viewed but is quite expensive - Circa 1968 GT40 Prices but according to Digby Martland who was co driver when it did light up & go it was as good as any GT40 from that period even with a sick Engine