Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Oct 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3936205)   #1951
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Update on CMRs..... I got asked to show at border between France and Spain, by French Duane bod. So something they seem to be getting hot on, for some reason.......
Old 22 Oct 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3936214)   #1952
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Update on CMRs..... I got asked to show at border between France and Spain, by French Duane bod. So something they seem to be getting hot on, for some reason.......

I thought that the idea of the EU Single Market, Customs Area and Schengen Area meant that there shouldn't be border controls between countries that belong. Or were you just stopped on a random whim?
Old 22 Oct 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3936223)   #1953
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

They've got your number Mike!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3936229)   #1954
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont recommend to mess with French Douanes. They have more rights on the road than any other institution like Gendarmerie, Police Nationale ou Police Municipale. Discussion is always the best way to go with those officers imho. As you suspect Mike its training time for those people!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3936260)   #1955
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I thought that the idea of the EU Single Market, Customs Area and Schengen Area meant that there shouldn't be border controls between countries that belong. Or were you just stopped on a random whim?
There isn’t a border control but there is a Peage at the border, conveniently with no ‘30’ lane, so trucks have to stop. Easy then for the customs officials to ‘pull anyone of interest..... It was random, I suspect, Mike, and the only comment I got was ‘Morgan? they make racing cars?’

Fortunately it was dark so the fact that the CMRs didn’t relate to the specific journey wasn’t noticed! As said before, they aren’t designed for moving racing cars around Europe and back to UK.....
Old 27 Oct 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3937112)   #1956
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
While at Britney’s Pompey check in, whenever it was I left the UK, I picked up the glossy HMGov glossy 24page A4 booklet ‘No-deal guidance for hauliers’. This was available in at least 10 different languages!

So I’ve read it twice. Am I any the wiser? Absolutely not.....
Old 27 Oct 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3937127)   #1957
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!VIVA GT is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
While at Britney’s Pompey check in, whenever it was I left the UK, I picked up the glossy HMGov glossy 24page A4 booklet ‘No-deal guidance for hauliers’. This was available in at least 10 different languages!

Yes, but I bet you're not suffering from insomnia any more are you?
Old 27 Oct 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3937161)   #1958
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Mine is in Welsh . Yacci Daaaaaa
Old 27 Oct 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3937169)   #1959
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Mine is in Welsh . Yacci Daaaaaa
Mind might as well be.....
Old 28 Oct 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3937298)   #1960
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Good news for our travelling caravanserai of racers - UK departure delayed once again, it's now outside the racing season so at least we know where we are.

Welcome home, boys!
Old 28 Oct 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3937300)   #1961
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm in Albania, where are you?
Old 28 Oct 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3937301)   #1962
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Good news for our travelling caravanserai of racers - UK departure delayed once again, it's now outside the racing season so at least we know where we are.

Welcome home, boys!
You mean I’m not stuck on the Algarve for the winter? I was counting on it all going apeshit this week!

That’s a bummer....
Old 28 Oct 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3937329)   #1963
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are now more and more concerned citizens in Europe clamoring for a new referendum...

- by the European Electorate on the latest acceptable extension date by which Brexit has to be completed

3 choices offered on the voting slip

31st January 2020
1st of February
2nd of February

If no fully ratified deal by 3rd of February 2020 the Tunnel is to be sealed and flooded unilaterally.

joke aside,
seriously
My German friends have mostly now come to round to the fact that Brexit is inevitable and just needs to be gotten over with as pragmatic as possible.

RuE

Last edited by Rudernst; 28 Oct 2019 at 13:02.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3937336)   #1964
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed, even Mrs Merkle thinks Britain will be better off out of the EU... Go figure as they say.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3937340)   #1965
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed, even Mrs Merkle thinks Britain will be better off out of the EU... Go figure as they say.

I would be interested to see where she says that, Peter.

What I do know is that she has stated that she expects the UK to become a competitor to EU countries. She also believes that the UK will do so by watering down employment and safety at work regulations, and reducing taxation.

I have always believed that many Brexiteer politicians and their supporters are driven by the thought that they will profit massively by making the UK a tax haven after we leave the EU. It is not surprising that the principle financial backers for the various leave campaigns and those MPs are nearly all, if not all, are all from the world of finance, whether that be certain bankers, hedge fund managers/owners and/or assorted financiers.