Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Dec 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3870151)   #51
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Keep the language/innuendo out of it please!!
You mean we can't mention bald spot cam ?

you would have thought with stealing a living after he got a spring to the head , he would have bought a hair transplant
Old 14 Dec 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3870179)   #52
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for that riveting insight into the new season
Old 14 Dec 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3870288)   #53
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
thanks for that riveting insight into the new season
Meanwhile... former Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney will attend tomorrow’s event.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3870311)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
saw that too - great to see him helping the cause by turning up in a private plane
Old 15 Dec 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3870409)   #55
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
It's not even raining. Still they will not drive. P1 and P2 cancelled.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3870424)   #56
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
No more F1 TV coverage here so I packed up the sheep and moved over to Formula E which live and free to air.
The new cars are cool,quite futuristic looking.
Saudi Arabia is a huge desert,how cone its raining?.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3870429)   #57
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP68 View Post
FWIW I just sent the following e-mail to the series organizer and several teams:

Without a doubt in vain, I hope we have to wait a bit more to see the new cars in action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly
It's not even raining. Still they will not drive. P1 and P2 cancelled.
Look at that!
Old 15 Dec 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3870439)   #58
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been to local clubbie events that are better run and organised that FIA Formula E in Saudi. #amateurhour
Old 15 Dec 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3870440)   #59
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
well massa should have stayed retired , what a joke he is and the whole race day has been so far,
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3870491)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just finished watching the race. Quite an entertaining way to spend 45 minutes, the Gen 2 cars looks great, they seem a little quicker and more racy, there's a bit more robust driving going on and (believe it or not) I quite like the strategy play of when to choose to run in attack mode.

J-M Lopez obviously doesn't though!

I think this season will be pretty good.

Additionally, the cars look like they could run on 'traditional' circuits too.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3870494)   #61
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it is my humble opinion that they were being overcautious and wanted uniform track conditions before taking to the track, despite running “road” tyres that are effectively a wet and that aren’t really fit for purpose as a dry tyre anyway.

but hey, it’s their party and they can run it how they like. glad to see everything mostly went without a hitch on the new cars at least.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3870511)   #62
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
the coverage was pretty awful loads of drops to 144p
the whole power spike things and overzealous drive-bys and grid drops were a mess,
Stoffel I still dont see why people thought he was any good at anything apart from going backwards,
Old 15 Dec 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3870515)   #63
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the BBC stream; HD throughout, no jitter, no buffering, no drop in stream quality.

Vandoorne needs a better understanding of how FE works, in my view. It's a strategist's dream, and if the driver gets that (as we've seen say JEV demonstrate many times) then they're always going to look better than someone on their first race weekend.

I didn't bother with qualifying so I missed all the pre-race penalties. I was however a bit confused with the lack of explanation of the penalties dished out during the race; I know it was surmised that instantaneous peak power output was potentially a problem over the bumps on the main straight but it'd have been useful to have that flashed up on screen.

Still enjoyed it. Still hopeful we'll get it back in the UK at some point, the two weekends we had it at Battersea were great fun.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3870516)   #64
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Its a good product just needs tweeks,
least its something to watch when theres no f1,btcc on.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3870518)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing was good. Much better than last year. The new car is better in basically every way. It looks better at speed than in photos too, so it's not as ugly as I feared. There's a bit of variety provided from the powertrains which were more visible than I expected as well.

There are some quite stupid issues to be dealt with though. The third commentator, with the American accent, was absolutely worthless. He added nothing and was so out of place that he sounded like a soundboard. It was like the old F1 95 game with Murray Walker, where events would trigger pre-recorded sounds. He kept talking over major events that were happening too.

There needs to be more said about penalties. Drive through for random infringements? Can we at least be told what they are?

Oddly, there's too much information in other places. We went to a FCY and the whole screen flashed yellow as the words FULL COURSE YELLOW went over it one by one in a way that felt like I was about have a seizure. Let's reign in the graphics just a little bit!

The Attack Mode wasn't as gimmicky as I thought it'd be. I don't like it, but I suppose it was fine. It's at least a level playing field, as everyone has to use it (unless you're Lopez). I prefer Attack Mode to Fanboost. That seemed unfair that Da Costa gets a free hashtag twitter fanboost whilst leading, whilst the car chasing him doesn't. Why?

No car changes is brilliant. It was ridiculous and had to go, so I'm happy to see that gone. I like the tracks. Yeah they're small and silly, but that's why I like it. I'm bored of watching anything going around Bahrain and Barcelona. This is at least different.

Overall, massive step up.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3870523)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There are some quite stupid issues to be dealt with though. The third commentator, with the American accent, was absolutely worthless. He added nothing and was so out of place that he sounded like a soundboard. It was like the old F1 95 game with Murray Walker, where events would trigger pre-recorded sounds. He kept talking over major events that were happening too.
I tend to agree. Mr Varsha was a fixture, and a good one, when F1 was on the old SPEED channel in the US (from what I've seen, which isn't much) and the Hobbs/Matchett/Varsha triplet made for good TV.

He just doesn't fit into the pairing of Nicholls and Franchitti, who work really well together. If he was in there more frequently rather than just popping up at random he'd probably be less grating.

Quote:
Oddly, there's too much information in other places. We went to a FCY and the whole screen flashed yellow as the words FULL COURSE YELLOW went over it one by one in a way that felt like I was about have a seizure. Let's reign in the graphics just a little bit!
BIG GRAPHIC FOR NON EXISTENT RULE DECISION KLAXON

Someone dropped a clanger there

Quote:
Overall, massive step up.
Indeed.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3870657)   #67
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Interesting race. It is all I can say.
Old 16 Dec 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3870679)   #68
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the Montreal races in season 3 and while interesting the mid-race swap really bugged me so I figured I would revisit it in season 5. Quite enjoyed the race and they seem to going from strength to strength. I may just have to go to NYC to catch the season finale.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3870828)   #69
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Not to defend López, since he made a mistake anyway, but he explained how he hit the wall before going into the attack mode activation zone for the first time and that affected his rear left suspension. He lasted two more laps with issues to turn right (that's how he missed the zone twice) until it finally broke.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3870873)   #70
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, I enjoyed it. I would like to see them race on real race circuit. With all these PRO drivers the level is high anyway. Still not convinced of this attack mode
Old 17 Dec 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3870901)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Yesterday I saw a few laps. The activation zone was poorly placed. It was too close to the corner, so cars had to brake to reach it. The activation zone should have been put 200 meters later into the straight.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3870915)   #72
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Good race, I enjoyed it. I would like to see them race on real race circuit.
You'd not overcome the disappointment. The cars are still as slow as a Formula Renault 2.0. They're choosing happiness over suffering, I know they are. They're making space for the unknown future to fill up their race weekends with yet-to-come surprises.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3870930)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also choose happiness over suffering. Most sane people do.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3870938)   #74
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
You'd not overcome the disappointment. The cars are still as slow as a Formula Renault 2.0. They're choosing happiness over suffering, I know they are. They're making space for the unknown future to fill up their race weekends with yet-to-come surprises.
I'm trying to see positive things since the manufacturers are giving this to us. This is show at the moment, but there is something to save in my opinion
Old 17 Dec 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3870939)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
To be honest, I barely noticed manufacturers were there. If private teams can afford to run these cars then that's fine for me too.

I liked the positioning of the attack mode boost bad super thing. You had to slow down to use it, meaning it was tactical. Unless you're Lopez, then lol.