Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Jan 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2816654)   #1
CosworthDriver
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
CosworthDriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Races in California between 22nd august - 8th september?

Hi all

I'm from Denmark and i'm going on summer holiday in California during the period mentioned above. When i'm there I would like to go and see some racing, but where do I go?
Any guys in here from California who knows the tracks and where to go in that period to watch some racing?
My top priority would be Nascar on an oval, but I haven't been able to find any races in California in that period (close to California, like Nevada might be possible)?
I have found the Indycar race at Infineon Raceway from the 26th-28th of august, so that is on my list so far.
Topfuel dragracing would also be of very high interest.
If anyone knows of any good tracks and events in the above mentioned period, please let me know.

Thanks!

Cheers
Tommy
Old 17 Jan 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2816823)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Try and get along to the Monterey Historic races at Laguna Seca which occur around that time. Can't remember exactly when it is but when I was there a couple of years ago it would probably have been right around the middle of your trip...
Old 17 Jan 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2817007)   #3
CosworthDriver
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
CosworthDriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Try and get along to the Monterey Historic races at Laguna Seca which occur around that time. Can't remember exactly when it is but when I was there a couple of years ago it would probably have been right around the middle of your trip...
Hi Craig
Thanks for your answer.
I found this:
http://www.mazdaraceway.com/pages/Reunion_pictures
It seems to be between the 19th and 21st of august. I expect to be in Canada from the 15th to the 22nd, so it's unfortunately just outside of my travelling plans. :-(