Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2885387)   #1
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Costa (ITA) Out-Fry (GBR) In at Ferrari!

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsp...ory/49525.html

Who is next?
Old 24 May 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2885397)   #2
E-racer
Rookie

Sweden
London
E-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Massa!
Old 24 May 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2885416)   #3
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Glad I read the article,thought for a moment the thread referred to Nick Fry!
Old 24 May 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2885418)   #4
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being technical director of an F1 team is getting to have the same long term job prospects as managing a Premier League football team.
Old 25 May 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2885625)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally, the F1 break he deserves. Just goes to show it's never too late.

Old 25 May 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2885824)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IIRC Stephen is an F1 fan. After the Sunday lunch relax in front of the telly...
Old 27 May 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2886790)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what can this mean? Updates nd such or a 2012 car to be made and toss out this year?
Old 27 May 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2886793)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that what it means is that Ferrari is reverting back to what it knows works best.

TBH. If the title of the thread had been: "Costa out - Newey in", this thread would have been much, much longer by now.
Old 27 May 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2886804)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's an amazing comment on that story:

"If Fettati wants to move forward they have to fire Domencalli, Massa, and all the pit crew"

You can tell the guy knows his stuff. The only name he's got right is poor old Massa and how he expects the team to operate at all if Ferrari (sic) were to do what I think he's suggesting I have no idea!
Old 28 May 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2887049)   #10
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Tombazis or Massa or Domenicali.

Tobay news->
Quote:
Auto Motor und Sport mentioned rumours that Renault’s Tim Densham, or Williams’ recently ousted Jon Tomlinson, and a group of Fry’s former McLaren colleagues, are possible new arrivals at Ferrari. And Brazilian reports hinted at Red Bull’s Rob Marshall and Peter Prodromou.
Old 28 May 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2887067)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
There's an amazing comment on that story:

"If Fettati wants to move forward they have to fire Domencalli, Massa, and all the pit crew"

You can tell the guy knows his stuff. The only name he's got right is poor old Massa and how he expects the team to operate at all if Ferrari (sic) were to do what I think he's suggesting I have no idea!
Flav should really stop posting on those sites...

Potsie to Ferrari?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Jun 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2906358)   #12
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
So, and this week news:

Quote:
Taming prancing horses

June 21, 2011 by joesaward

There have been an increasing number of rumours ...
ignore the stories for a couple of weeks (on the grounds of taste) but they just keep coming back…

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Jun 2011 at 17:11. Reason: Please do not quote entire articles, just the bits that you think are most pertinent. Please see FAQ.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2906369)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2906695)   #14
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Seems Pat Fry is making a difference....
Old 27 Jun 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2906708)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Seems Pat Fry is making a difference....
Indeed. Ferrari now appear to be quicker than McLaren. Coinkidink?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2906767)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Fry has really been fast on changing things...
Old 27 Jun 2011, 11:34 (Ref:2906778)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Yes. You could say that Fry has definitely turned the heat up at Ferrari.
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2906798)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I wonder what he did to turn up things so quickly that the other couldn't...
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2906800)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The photocopy machine?
Old 27 Jun 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2906837)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The photocopy machine?
Oh, there's the secret !
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2924670)   #21
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Ferrari's improved performance over the last few races is more down to several advances made by the new technical team than any one specific item like a blown diffuser - what do you think?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2924715)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
I think that Ferrari's improved performance over the last few races is more down to several advances made by the new technical team than any one specific item like a blown diffuser - what do you think?
Pat Fry turns up (no doubt with a very full memory), and Hey Presto!
Old 10 Jul 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2924746)   #23
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Pat Fry turns up (no doubt with a very full memory), and Hey Presto!
Any information he has in his head (or anywhere) is at least 12 months out of date as he has been with Ferrari since July 2010 - how much use would that be halfway through 2011?