Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2918229)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Is it the end for Cosworth?

"First of all it is a world championship winning engine, and we are in a world where a tenth matters. Secondly, it is a partnership between us and an independent engine maker as well as a car maker, and that is very important.

We did explore that with Cosworth – could we bring a car maker into the partnership? Unfortunately we were not able to do that. From that minute onwards, it is Cosworth who said that we cannot develop an engine for 2013, and I can understand that because it is a huge investment."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92853
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2918237)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Is it the end for Cosworth?

"First of all it is a world championship winning engine, and we are in a world where a tenth matters. Secondly, it is a partnership between us and an independent engine maker as well as a car maker, and that is very important.

We did explore that with Cosworth – could we bring a car maker into the partnership? Unfortunately we were not able to do that. From that minute onwards, it is Cosworth who said that we cannot develop an engine for 2013, and I can understand that because it is a huge investment."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92853
Adam Parr is a .......
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2918239)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Adam Parr is a .......
.....Chairman.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2918240)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Williams' problem is most definitely not the engine. Though this has a warm nostaligic feeling to it... it will take something major elsewhere in their aero/chassis for a renaissance, if indeed a renaissance ever happens.

By the way, how has their share price been doing ?
Williams need some spiritual guidance..
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2918243)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Sponsorship from the Church of England?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2918266)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 04:33 (Ref:2918303)   #32
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A possiblity???

*The Bridgestone logos on the tyres and the rim sheilds are there as per Andy Blackmore's request of non-tampering with the template itself.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2918359)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Now that's, very nice.

Selby
Old 5 Jul 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2918363)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't see the pic from here.

However it occurs to me that the last Renault Turbo engine was a 1500cc V6 so one assumes there's some experience in Renault covering this type of engine. Also IIRC it wasn't as powerful as the Honda thus Senna left Lotus for McLaren in 1988 along with the exclusive use of Honda engines. Williams never did run the Renault Turbo, they were dropped by Honda in 1987 (see Senna above) and ran the Judd V8, normally aspirated engine, until they got hold of the Renault V10 in 1989.
Old 5 Jul 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2922354)   #35
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Now that's, very nice.

Selby
Thanks Selby. Not too pleased with the Renault logo but hey, I just ran with it.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2922872)   #36
TugaF1
Rookie

TugaF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next stop for Newey will certainly be Ferrari...
Old 6 Jul 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2922877)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TugaF1 View Post
Next stop for Newey will certainly be Ferrari...
Nah! Newey's not one for straying too far from his homeland. I reckon he'll be at Red Bull for some time to come.

"I think as far as my Formula 1 career goes then I'm very happy at Red Bull and I really can't see myself moving anywhere else," Newey told ESPNF1.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...y-at-red-bull/
Old 6 Jul 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2922892)   #38
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nah! Newey's not one for straying too far from his homeland.
I don't know about that... he rose to fame as part of the CART circus in the United States and spent quite some time there.

I do agree with you that its unlikely he would move to Ferrari, more though because of the culture of that place than its location.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2922952)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, the culture at Ferrari sucks.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2923001)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The food is quite nice though, they say.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2923025)   #41
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Wines nice too...........
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2923027)   #42
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed, nothing beats some quality Italian whine to go with all that baloney.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2923041)   #43
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Indeed, nothing beats some quality Italian whine to go with all that baloney.
Whinebag wine grower trulli to Williams?
Old 7 Jul 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2923107)   #44
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Old 7 Jul 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2923119)   #45
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Nah! Newey's not one for straying too far from his homeland. I reckon he'll be at Red Bull for some time to come.

"I think as far as my Formula 1 career goes then I'm very happy at Red Bull and I really can't see myself moving anywhere else," Newey told ESPNF1.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...y-at-red-bull/
If you watch the team dynamics at RBR it is difficult imagining any of the major players going anywhere.
More importantly Newey and Horner seem to be good mates.
The only way to get Newey would be to buy RBR, and then he would probably just up stumps and leave.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2923285)   #46
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
History's shown that Newey seems to get bored of winning after a while and then moves on. If they want to hold on to him, perversely Red Bull had better hope that the others catch up and give them a run for their money.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 13:17 (Ref:2923290)   #47
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
History's shown that Newey seems to get bored of winning after a while and then moves on. If they want to hold on to him, perversely Red Bull had better hope that the others catch up and give them a run for their money.
Well, if he likes a challenge, there's always HRT. Or Virgin. Or a really different challenge, LMP's.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2923658)   #48
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I recall AN saying he fancied designing boats/yachts after he was done with F1?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2923708)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I recall AN saying he fancied designing boats/yachts after he was done with F1?
That was quite a while ago... I think he cited that as his reason for leaving Williams wasn't it ?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2923739)   #50
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That was quite a while ago... I think he cited that as his reason for leaving Williams wasn't it ?
And then wasn't he supposed to be going to Jaguar, but that all fell through, or is that how he ended up at RBR in the end anyway?
(Unfortunately my mind's gone all cloudy...)