Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3929736)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We often have this conversation. When I first raced at brands in the 70's and Gordon I suspect the whole of the banking was full of spectators cars.I blame Sunday shopping.

Yes, shopping has taken it's toll but, it the plethora of other activities that are now permitted on a Sunday. There's football, cinemas and pubs that are open all day, and so may other things that we now take for granted.

That was one of the things that was most noticeable to me when I went to live in Spain, apart from the language of course. There, where I resided - different autonomous regions do have their own regulations on this, just as they do on a number of things such as their equivalent of the UK's MOT and also on state provision of health care - most shops closed at lunchtime on Saturday and only re-opened on Monday morning. After a few years this was relaxed, and this meant that most shops remained open the whole weekend. However, the regional government re-introduced restricted opening days last year, and now shops that are in tourist areas are permitted to open on 13, I think it is, Sundays in the peak tourist times.