Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3936263)   #5351
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A careless fandango can cost lives.

True, but he probably couldn't care less.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3936264)   #5352
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqqZ28m8uCo
Old 22 Oct 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3936265)   #5353
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The other option is that they are too sensitive in a military sense and must be kept a closely guarded secret or, perhaps, hidden away never to be seen again.

Nothing to do with the military as far as I know, but I was, with my businesses in Hong Kong and London, involved in a very discreet trial process in the 1980s in conjunction with our Japanese petrochemical supplier. What had been produced by them was quite revolutionary, and would have had a huge impact if the trials had continued.

However, for reasons best known to the Japanese company, and I had numerous meetings with them in Tokyo without finding out those reasons, they withdrew the material and it has never been seen again. I still wonder why to this day.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 16:30 (Ref:3936273)   #5354
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Chris you must remember the French name is "Tarte fine aux pommes".
Hehehe a 'tarte fine au pommes' in Australia is likely to be taken as meaning a good looking English lady of loose morals and provocative dress.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3936275)   #5355
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
No, he lost his car.

Something to do with chocolates?
I thought it was a police report of someone called Fandango who was careless had jumped the lights and rolled their car end over end

(You skipped the lights Fandango, and did cartwheels across the floor. etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
Old 22 Oct 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3936279)   #5356
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jeepers that was terrible.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3936280)   #5357
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am amazed you lot can go from taking about Lord Nelson to Procal Harum within 24 hours. Excellent.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3936282)   #5358
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I thought it was a police report of someone called Fandango who was careless had jumped the lights and rolled their car end over end

(You skipped the lights Fandango, and did cartwheels across the floor. etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA
Tony blackburn material
Old 22 Oct 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3936287)   #5359
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Jeepers that was terrible.

I didn't think it was that good (assuming we are talking about the video...)

The thought behind it in the context of the conversation was pretty clever word association though.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3936288)   #5360
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is all way out of my depth, age wise I think.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3936291)   #5361
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

This is all way out of my depth, age wise I think.

Er, yeah, me too.

Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3936292)   #5362
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe a 'tarte fine au pommes' in Australia is likely to be taken as meaning a good looking English lady of loose morals and provocative dress.
Ha non, ce n'est pas possible, Chris! When referring to a woman we say she is "tarte" its not related to the taste it means she doesn't look good. Well not to good. The non gentleman, we have a few here, could add "thats why alcohol has been invented"!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3936294)   #5363
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When referring to a woman we say she is "tarte”
And back to Lord Nelson again, well, morecaccurately, Lady Hamilton!
Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3936297)   #5364
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
And back to Lord Nelson again, well, morecaccurately, Lady Hamilton!
Shame on you sir! No gentleman would so traduce a lady's reputation. Were you in reach I would put a Half-Nelson on you in a trice.
Still what can you expect from the Navy.

The Bosun's daughter longs to touch your body.. The yardarm beckons.

And any more Naval clichés.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3936300)   #5365
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Shame on you sir! No gentleman would so traduce a lady's reputation. Were you in reach I would put a Half-Nelson on you in a trice.
Still what can you expect from the Navy.

The Bosun's daughter longs to touch your body.. The yardarm beckons.

And any more Naval clichés.
It is well known that Royal Navy officers are not gentlemen. Queen Victoria took that “title” away approx 100 years ago after an Admiral went back on his word and hanged a mutineer!
It is also why, when wearing ceremonial dress, Naval officers swords “drag” from long leather tethers rather than being fixed to the side of the body; the sword has to be held in its scabbard and it is a sign of disgrace!
The phrase “officers and gentlemen” only applies to the Army and RAF.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 23:29 (Ref:3936321)   #5366
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
The non gentleman, we have a few here, could add "thats why alcohol has been invented"!
Hehehe they all turn into Miss World after too many beers!
Old 23 Oct 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3936344)   #5367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
See that Chris, Bob wrote "cliché" and not "cliche"! Well done admiral Bob!
Old 23 Oct 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3936347)   #5368
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
See that Chris, Bob wrote "cliché" and not "cliche"! Well done admiral Bob!
Merci!
Old 23 Oct 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3936348)   #5369
bauble
Veteran

England
Reverting to earlier posts, I found these in my archives while searching for something else entirely;
Attached Thumbnails
020.JPG   055.JPG  
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3936358)   #5370
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Inconvenient is with modernized racing cars, because of the large oil cooler they can't use a crank to start the engine any more… Fussies!

Another pic please, you can post one of your Behra photo and ask where and when it was taken. I won't play 'cose I know the answer.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3936360)   #5371
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that's modern tech for you, I'm sure there must be a way to use the old crank though. How many more photos, it would be good to have more of those where and when ones.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:09 (Ref:3936363)   #5372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
How many more photos, it would be good to have more of those where and when ones.
+ 1! I remember Chris to be a great fan of Connaughts.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3936364)   #5373
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure there must be a way to use the old crank
Plenty of old cranks on here!
Old 23 Oct 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3936366)   #5374
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Plenty of old cranks on here!
And crocks Andy (speaking for myself you understand.)
Old 23 Oct 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3936375)   #5375
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
+ 1! I remember Chris to be a great fan of Connaughts.
Ah the Continental Autos team. The first F1 team to own their own wind tunnel I think I am right in saying Also I think I am right in saying they were the first British team to win an F1 GP (Syracuse 1955).... before Vanwall, Cooper or BRM succeeded.

Particularly fond of the short lived "B Type" B3 F1 car with it's full streamliner bodywork. A car I once owned..... albeit a Dinky Die-cast version.

Tony Brooks was a driver who had briefly driven Connaughts.... another of my fave drivers, and owner of the garage in Brooklands Road Weybridge where Dad had his car serviced. Then there was Bernie Ecclestone of course.....

Last edited by E.B; 23 Oct 2019 at 10:20.
Closed Thread