Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3934183)   #26
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Very sad that Cadwell has moved to September . Although not always overburdened with entries the HSCC meeting in May or June at this most picturesque of circuits was one of my season highlights, right up there with Members' Meeting ( eye-wateringly costly, but it's sort of worth it isn't it ? ) and the Classic(the worst place in UK to watch racing but a wonderful entry) .

But Cadwell on a bright June morning is unbeatable .

Couldn't agree more - I suspect sitting between Goodwood and Spa will make it pretty much an impossible meeting for me...

I really can't understand the reasoning behind that change, nor any of the others. Snetterton 300 is in my opinion quite inferior to the 200 (though possibly there will be different meetings for open and closed wheel as in previous years), Donington was quite fine where it was, and I'm not sure that anyone was calling to go to Pembrey.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3934568)   #27
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
And no Croft - but doesn't help that the Nostalgia meeting became a little mote insipid each year , culminating in this year's effort ,which was very underwhelming .

But far more important than venues, I really de hope we get back to 2 packed grids and a final of FF1600 . This year's reduction in numbers was a shock , even if partly redeemed by the rise of FF2000s .
Old 18 Oct 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3935514)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
This has been sent to Guards entrants:

HSCC Calendar 2020;

17/18 October Silverstone Finals.
Damn, we will have to find another weekend event at Cadwell next year as I'm not camping there in the second half of September. Hopefully CSCC will have a Cadwell meeting.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3936064)   #29
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Very sad that Cadwell has moved to September . Although not always overburdened with entries the HSCC meeting in May or June at this most picturesque of circuits was one of my season highlights, right up there with Members' Meeting ( eye-wateringly costly, but it's sort of worth it isn't it ? ) and the Classic(the worst place in UK to watch racing but a wonderful entry) .
But Cadwell on a bright June morning is unbeatable .
Absolutely agree, I have been lucky enough to attend the Cadwell HSCC meeting for a few years and for me it's the highlight of the year. The MM at Goodwood has been an unfulfilled wish for a long while and I've decided to splash out in 2020 but I find the thought of S/Stone just too depressing particularly with the costs involved. Having just spent the weekend at there for the HSCC finals I must confess to feeling somewhat deflated despite the excellent racing; Silverstone has all the attributes of a concentration camp coupled with abysmal spectating.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3937285)   #30
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The historic racing championship in Sweden is open to all Appendix K cars with a valid HTP (or corresponding national VIF), sometimes in mixed grids if number of entrants in a class is too low. International driver's license not required (although it remains to be seen what happens post-brexit…). Race format is usually two untimed practice sessions on Friday, timed practice and one race on Saturday, 2nd race on Sunday. Dates for 2020 are:

May 16-17, Kinnekulle Ring
June 13-14, Karlskoga
July 4-5, Ring Knutstorp
August 22-23, Mantorp Park
September 19-20, Falkenberg
Old 28 Oct 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3937288)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We need to talk Lars . Four circuits there I have not raced at . Wondering if I could leave my 22 over your way and fly in . 😀
Old 28 Oct 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3937297)   #32
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We need to talk Lars . Four circuits there I have not raced at . Wondering if I could leave my 22 over your way and fly in . ��
Iain, I would be delighted to house your 22 during the season. I have space enough in my garage (although a trailer will probably have to stay outside).

You have to be aware, though, that those of us who drive Formula Juniors will usually have to race with the historic Formula Vees (quicker in the corners, slower on the straights) or sometimes with the gentlemen who drive pre-war cars (they keep well out of the way). If we can gather a dozen or more Juniors (there are more than so in the Nordic countries but somehow it seems difficult to get them out at the same time), I always try to argue that we should have a grid of our own.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3937341)   #33
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a rumour that AMOC are dropping 50s sports cars......and another one that Equipe GTS are planning on starting a series for 50s Sports cars. Anyone know any more?
Old 30 Oct 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3937636)   #34
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC has just published its draft calendar for 2020. No details yet of which series runs on which day:

28/29 March Snetterton (300)
18/19 April Cadwell Park
8/9 May Brands Hatch (Indy)
23/25 May Oulton Park (International)
26 – 28 June Spa Francorchamps
25/26 July Thruxton
22/23 August Silverstone (National)
26/27 September Donington Park (National)
16 – 18 October Le Mans (Bugatti)
1 November Mallory Park

I see Andy posted a thread almost simultaneously

Last edited by Lancsbreaker; 30 Oct 2019 at 13:19. Reason: Double posting with Mr Yeomans ;)
Old 31 Oct 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3937775)   #35
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far as I am aware, not mentioned so far, but I found the Goodwood dates tucked away on the bottom of a press release:

FoS - 9-12 July
Revival - 11-13 September
Old 3 Nov 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3938302)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FoS is not on the Historic Calender but the revival is.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3939077)   #37
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRDC dates are now on their website. Pleased to see they are back at both Castle Combe and Thruxton
Old 7 Nov 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3939079)   #38
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC's provisional calendar also published:

4/5 April, Snetterton
25/26 April, Brands Hatch Indy
16/17 May, Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)
6/7 June, Donington Park
27/28 June, Pembrey
11/12 July, Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix (GP Circuit)
29-31 August, Oulton Park Gold Cup (International Circuit)
19/20 September, Cadwell Park (Wolds Trophy)
17/18 October, Silverstone (Championship Finals)
Old 7 Nov 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3939103)   #39
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2020 CTCRC Dates.

10/11 April-Donington Park
25 May-Mallory Park
4/5 July-Cadwell Park
1/2 August-Brands Hatch
19/20 September-Snetterton
10/11 October-Silverstone International
Old 8 Nov 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3939179)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
FJ dates are out . I’m sure Mike will publish later ..We have Imola which I am very excited about . Never been there .,
Old 8 Nov 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3939211)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
FJ dates are out . I’m sure Mike will publish later ..We have Imola which I am very excited about . Never been there .,
Not had the email yet, Iain, but will post soon as am OK to do so.

Be excited about Imola! Txt me the date please, as I want to go back....
Old 8 Nov 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3939214)   #42
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC provisional dates also out. A slimmed down race calendar:

18th/19th April - Silverstone
30h May - Oulton
20th June - Cadwell
23rd August - Mallory.

The speed events calendar also includes a sprint at Blyton for the first time.
Old 9 Nov 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3939475)   #43
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Croft Nostalgia 2020

There won't be one next due to changes in the UK motorsport calendar. I think the BTCC is going to Croft in August but the HSCC have always struggled to get a good entry, particularly when it's close to the Silverstone Classic. Also with most of the racers living "dan sath", they consider Croft as being the end of the Earth. Perhaps they need a meeting at Knockhill!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3939640)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Formula Junior UK PROVISIONAL dates....

Goodwood MM; March 28th – 29th [Grid TBC]

Snetterton 300 Circuit; April 4th (Testing on 3rd)

Donington Historic Festival; May 1st – 3rd

Brands Hatch GP Masters Festival [Lurani]; May 23rd – 24th (testing on Indy circuit on 22nd)

Oulton Park [Front]; May 30th

Pembrey; June 27th – 28th

Brands GP Superprix; July 11th – 12th

Silverstone Classic; July 31st – 2nd August

Mallory Park [Front]; August 23rd

Oulton Park; August 29th – 31st

Goodwood Revival; September 11th – 13th [Grid TBC]

Spa 6 Hours Meeting [UK ‘away round’]; September 25th – 27th

Castle Combe; October 3rd

Silverstone Finals; October 17th – 18th
Old 10 Nov 2019, 07:10 (Ref:3939641)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Formula Junior Lurani Trophy and other N/C European PROVISIONAL dates....

TBC: Paul Ricard; April; 4th - 5th

Hockenheim Historic; 24th – 26h April

Brands Hatch GP Masters Festival [Lurani]; May 23rd – 24th (testing on Indy circuit on 22nd)

Pau Historic GP; May 30th – 31st [Non Championship – Nat A licence minimum]

Misano; June 19th – 21st

Karlskoga; June 13th – 14th [Non Championship – Nat A licence minimum]

Imola; July 10th – 12th

Nürburgring, Oldtimer GP; August 7th – 9th

Spa 6 Hours Meeting; September 25th – 27th [UK Championship – Nat A licence minimum]

Dijon; October 2nd – 4th
Old 10 Nov 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3939653)   #46
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is quite a calendar.

Good to see them back at Silvestone for the Classic.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3939665)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
That is quite a calendar.

Good to see them back at Silvestone for the Classic.
It’s been said many times- owning an FJ gets you to more high profile meetings and interesting circuits than any other historic race car.....
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3939749)   #48
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It’s been said many times- owning an FJ gets you to more high profile meetings and interesting circuits than any other historic race car.....
Shame (current owners excepted) about how high the values have soared in recent years, even in the relatively short period that I have been involved in the sport.

That said, I am reminded that the problem of “not fitting in the car” does prevent me from ever racing some of the more competitive models anyway!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3939771)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
That said, I am reminded that the problem of “not fitting in the car” does prevent me from ever racing some of the more competitive models anyway!
Funny, I was going to add ‘if you can fit in one’...... Presume you’re OK in your FF?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3939789)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Our lad Richard Bradley is no jockey .
Closed Thread