Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Sep 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4075923)   #4981
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad you like the snaps, not a lot of feed back considering the number of 'views' they attract.[/QUOTE]

I love the shots Baub, it's an education as I have no idea what most of the cars are but you shouldn't be surprised at the lack of feedback. I've been contributing to a club mag and asked the editor if he ever gets any feedback - " nothing at all in 5 years" yet when there was a hiccup because of covid everyone was on his case straight away. I'm afraid you'll have to be happy with knowing you're doing a great job. We know it too, we just don't say it![/QUOTE]

I know Colin, I just like to have a dig now and again, the number of times the topic is viewed tells me people like the pictures. I have not been to as many meetings as I used to when I was just lad of 70, so most of what I post is many years old,and reflects my personal preferences, any thing old, basically.

I saw my first car race in 1951, and it was on public roads, so I am not surprised you do not recognise many of the cars, I am mis-placed on a historic forum, - more pre-vintage really.

Mind you the original idea was for everyone to share their pictures, but having launched the thread I'm stuck with it. I am looking forward to hitting a half million views soon, so have to keep adding images. An ego is a burden sometimes.

Thanks for your kind remarks, much appreciated.

Bob aka Bauble.
Old 27 Sep 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4075979)   #4982
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Colin I'm amazed at the variety of cars you have photo'd over the years Bob and so pleased you are sharing them with us. I like the era of cars shown in post 4973 and love the last pic of the rear of no.6 - was it one of the 'Lancia' Ferraris?
Old 27 Sep 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4075984)   #4983
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Like Colin I'm amazed at the variety of cars you have photo'd over the years Bob and so pleased you are sharing them with us. I like the era of cars shown in post 4973 and love the last pic of the rear of no.6 - was it one of the 'Lancia' Ferraris?
Yes, indeed a Lancia, one of Tom Wheatcroft's favourite exhibits in his collection. Innovative, and sophisticated for it's day, but Lancia were having financial problems as I recall, and at the end of 1955 handed everything over to Ferrari. I am sure some 'Smarty Pants' will put me right, but that is more or les what happened.

I must admit that I am constantly surprised at how many people say they don't recognise a lot of the cars, but then I can hardly name anything made after 1959.
I have this vast collection of photos that have in most cases never seen the light of day, so I am happy to see them appreciated even by such an ungrateful mob on 'ere'

Ta.

Baub.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4076026)   #4984
bauble
Veteran

England
Well you said .....!
Attached Thumbnails
BSR (1).jpg   BSR (2).jpg   BSR (3).jpg  

BSR (4).jpg   BSR (5).jpg   BSR (6).jpg  

Old 28 Sep 2021, 02:38 (Ref:4076027)   #4985
bauble
Veteran

England
Therefore ...
Attached Thumbnails
50's GP (1).jpg   50's GP (2).jpg   50's GP (3).jpg  

50's GP (4).jpg   50's GP (5).jpg   50's GP (6).jpg  

Old 28 Sep 2021, 02:41 (Ref:4076028)   #4986
bauble
Veteran

England
I oblige ...
Attached Thumbnails
A RV (1).jpg   A RV (2).jpg   A RV (3).jpg  

A RV (4).jpg   A RV (5).jpg   A RV (6).jpg  

Old 28 Sep 2021, 07:08 (Ref:4076042)   #4987
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Lack of feedback? Flippin' heck Baub, we don't want you to get even more big headed by telling you how much we like your snaps!
Old 28 Sep 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4076044)   #4988
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Lack of feedback? Flippin' heck Baub, we don't want you to get even more big headed by telling you how much we like your snaps!

.... and when we do get, we referred to as grovelling so and so's.
Or its a picture thread and no discussion.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4076049)   #4989
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!Mike Harte is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well you said .....!

Picture 1 #4984

Driver being told where nearest petrol station is!
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4076060)   #4990
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Picture 1 #4984

Driver being told where nearest petrol station is!

Very topical, Mike certainly put a smile on my grizzled old features, I bet Viva is miffed he did not come up with that one.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:18 (Ref:4076063)   #4991
Tim Barry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Bauble, Sir. Please excuse my non-affirmation of the wondrous presentation of your amazing shots. Please continue to post and believe we all admire the photographs even if we do not always confirm the same. Because I'm sure you would not like to be bombarded with compliments all day, every day. Or would you!!??!!
Old 28 Sep 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4076068)   #4992
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
Mr. Bauble, Sir. Please excuse my non-affirmation of the wondrous presentation of your amazing shots. Please continue to post and believe we all admire the photographs even if we do not always confirm the same. Because I'm sure you would not like to be bombarded with compliments all day, every day. Or would you!!??!!
"Vanity, vanity, all is vanity"

I am happy you enjoy my offerings, Tim, I know from the viewing figures that people do look at the pictures, but I think it s mostly out of boredom. Anything to break up the monotony of their sad humdrum lives. After all that is the reason I post them in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
50's GP (8).jpg   50's GP (7).jpg   IMG_8634.JPG  

PJO_4364.JPG   IMG_5081.JPG   IMG_7127.JPG  

Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4076237)   #4993
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
"Vanity, vanity, they've all got it in for me" - oh wait, wrong quote

We do enjoy the pictures Bauble, without doubt you are the finest snapper Bob Bull Photography has on the team. Please continue, you are right, they bring pleasure to a damp day.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4076239)   #4994
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
"Vanity, vanity, they've all got it in for me" - oh wait, wrong quote

We do enjoy the pictures Bauble, without doubt you are the finest snapper Bob Bull Photography has on the team. Please continue, you are right, they bring pleasure to a damp day.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Infamy, infamy etc.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03685 (2).jpg   PJO_6498.JPG   PJO_7258.JPG  

BRAWN___.JPG   IMG_0008.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4076240)   #4995
bauble
Veteran

England
"Why does everybody call me ....."
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0016.JPG   _MG_0019.JPG   _MG_0020.JPG  

_MG_0021 (1).JPG   _MG_0032.JPG   IMG_4304.JPG