Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2021, 00:18 (Ref:4054398)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Is Danny R on a 12 month or multi year deal with macs?
Reported as multi-year.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/05/14...-join-mclaren/
Old 3 Jun 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4054483)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...tstop/6528693/

probably the article making it sound like a bigger deal then it is, but maybe there is some back and forth blame game going on about the cause of Bottas' botched stop at Monaco?

but probably just the media is looking to create cracks and this weekend's gaggle of international press will make Bottas wish he just did an Osaka and stayed home.
Old 3 Jun 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4054487)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Related Video: 'Bottas pitstop ended up being 43 hours long'
Old 3 Jun 2021, 22:04 (Ref:4054517)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That must be the longest pitstop ever in Grand Prix racing! Longer than the Alfa 1925 Belgian GP pitstop!
Old 4 Jun 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4054566)   #30
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Driver lineup predictions for 2022:

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton / George Russell
Red Bull: Max Verstappen / Sergio Perez
McLaren: Lando Norris / Daniel Ricciardo
Ferrari: Charles Leclerc / Carlos Sainz
Alpha Tauri: Pierre Gasly / Yuki Tsunoda
Alpine: Esteban Ocon / Fernando Alonso
Aston Martin: Sebastian Vettel / Lance Stroll
Alfa Romeo: Antonio Giovinazzi / Callum Ilott
Williams: Valtteri Bottas / Nicholas Latifi
Haas: Mick Schumacher / Nikita Mazepin

I am expecting the traditional pattern (of recent years) of even-numbered years having only a few changes (like 2016, 2018 and 2020) while odd numbered years have many changes (2017, 2019 and 2021). Although I think Bottas is better than many give him credit for, it looks as though this will be his final season at Mercedes, and there are no better options for him than Williams. I also think Raikkonen will retire. Alfa Romeo are allowed to pick one driver, and I am going to guess that Ferrari will choose Ilott to replace Giovinazzi, but Alfa Romeo will choose to keep Giovinazzi in place of Ilott. All others will remain the same. Alpine is an interesting one, as Bottas and Gasly have been rumoured, while Zhou will also want a promotion if he wins F2, but Ocon is doing well and I can't see them getting rid of Alonso.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4054605)   #31
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The big questionmark will be at Alfa Romeo. I don't see Ilott in and it could be Alfa Romeo pulls out of F1 and Sauber will become the Alpine Junior team.
Old 4 Jun 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4054611)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sauber are in discussions about continuing with Alfa, so we’ll see. If Alfa decide not to continue, it wouldn’t be the first time the Sauber name is back after a manufacturer that took over the team pulled out.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 05:07 (Ref:4055047)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sauber are in discussions about continuing with Alfa, so we’ll see. If Alfa decide not to continue, it wouldn’t be the first time the Sauber name is back after a manufacturer that took over the team pulled out.
Alfa are a sponsor/partner with a deal that supplies engines and puts an FDA driver in one of the seats. The team is owned by the TetraPak lot.
If the Alfa deal ends, Sauber will need to cosy up to another big partner for engines, tech. Renault/Alpine has been rumoured which could see either Zhou ot Piastri partner and experienced driver.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4055055)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

Would Ferrari not continue to supply them with engines?
Old 12 Jun 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4055812)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Here comes a rumour.

McLaren have announced they are going to participate in the Extreme E off road championship with ex drivers Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton??!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OmIEN2Ik00
Old 15 Jun 2021, 04:09 (Ref:4056456)   #36
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think neither of the 2 current merc drivers will be in those cars in 2022 and DEFINITELY not by 2023. Bottas will be shuffled out or retire at end of this season, and this year or next year will be lulu's last.

No prizes for guessing Russell gets Bottas seat in 2022, and the 2nd to DannyR (if they want one experienced driver) or Lando (2 young fast talents) when Lulu looks for new challenge at end of this or next season.

Im a huge Dan Fan but Norris and Russell pushing each other in the best cars would be a great competition. And Merc like to lock in drivers for long term rather than 1 or 2 years, by taking those 2 "young guns" they could have the same line up for many years.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 05:53 (Ref:4056466)   #37
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think neither of the 2 current merc drivers will be in those cars in 2022 and DEFINITELY not by 2023. Bottas will be shuffled out or retire at end of this season, and this year or next year will be lulu's last.

No prizes for guessing Russell gets Bottas seat in 2022, and the 2nd to DannyR (if they want one experienced driver) or Lando (2 young fast talents) when Lulu looks for new challenge at end of this or next season.

Im a huge Dan Fan but Norris and Russell pushing each other in the best cars would be a great competition. And Merc like to lock in drivers for long term rather than 1 or 2 years, by taking those 2 "young guns" they could have the same line up for many years.
I don’t think Mercedes would be looking at a driver who gets lapped by his teammate or one in the last few years of his F1 career.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4056481)   #38
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I don’t think Mercedes would be looking at a driver who gets lapped by his teammate or one in the last few years of his F1 career.
this year could well be the beginning of the end of danny's career.
in hindsight, moving to renault was

but thats off topic for this thread
Old 15 Jun 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4056523)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
this year could well be the beginning of the end of danny's career.
in hindsight, moving to renault was

but thats off topic for this thread

I certainly hope not! Just remember form is temporary, class is permanent
Old 15 Jun 2021, 22:49 (Ref:4056611)   #40
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Ocon is a smokey too. He's still in the Merc family.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4056616)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Ocon is a smokey too. He's still in the Merc family.
I believe he rescinded his Merc association when he joined Renault (now Alpine) in 2020. He is however still managed by Toto Wolff as he has been for some years now.
Toto recently as good as said Ocon and Mercedes will no longer happen. His exact words were that his Alpine ties "complicated his prospects of becoming a Mercedes driver" in the near future.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 23:38 (Ref:4056618)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly that, he was released from his MB ties to pursue other opportunities as he saw Georgie was the chosen one now and he didn't push Bottas out after negotiating hard for the seat.

Had to be hard for his manager to argue with the team boss there.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 00:53 (Ref:4056622)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I believe he rescinded his Merc association when he joined Renault (now Alpine) in 2020. He is however still managed by Toto Wolff as he has been for some years now.
Toto recently as good as said Ocon and Mercedes will no longer happen. His exact words were that his Alpine ties "complicated his prospects of becoming a Mercedes driver" in the near future.
Webber to Renault. Ocon to Mercedes.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 03:34 (Ref:4056630)   #44
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/wo...value%5D=19624

Sounds like he's still in the fold in some way.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4056655)   #45
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russell and Vettel at Merc in '22
Old 16 Jun 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4056669)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Russell and Vettel at Merc in '22
Now that one is definitely half-hilarious......
Old 16 Jun 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4056681)   #47
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Now that one is definitely half-hilarious......
I was joking but it's not that ridiculous is it? Vettel as an old hand with experience of a couple of different generations of car and a link to the Merc design philosphy through his current seat. Not a bad mentor/teammate for a young new hotshoe.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4056687)   #48
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Whilst it would seem quite harsh to pile criticism on Vettel after his excellent display last time out, I think that he is damaged goods and should not be even considered for a top championship team again. I can see why Aston ditched the impressive Perez for him, but I am fairly sure that this will be his last team in F1.

And Ocon has just signed a 3 year deal to stay at Alpine. Good for him.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4056689)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

I think it might be premature to write Vettel off, but at the same time we should see how he performs for the rest of the year. After all his final 2 seasons with Ferrari still had the occasional good race, so we have to see if his past two performances can be repeated or if it is just a flash in the pan
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4056736)   #50
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/wo...value%5D=19624

Sounds like he's still in the fold in some way.
Ocon has today signed a 3 year contract extension with Alpine that will see him at the team until end 2024.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/es...-2024/6575075/