Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Jul 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4059628)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Back to where you are going and the impact on this race. Looks like 6 stops and a splash for the Toyotas and Glickenhaus, 7 and a splash for Alpine? SC notwithstanding.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4059631)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Exactly, you’re spot on, if you deploy the torque more often you will use it quicker. I was avoiding going there

The stints were longer in distance at Spa (consumption l/100km, or KW/km) but shorter in time (consumption l/hour, or kW/hour).
Yes - seems to make absolute sense to me. Which (I think) demonstrates further that the stints are limited by energy over time, and that faster speeds use energy quicker.

Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.
1 kW = 1,000.00 J/sec.

From this, I think it is clear to see that the energy used is a product of Torque x Speed - so faster speeds will use more energy per unit of time, meaning MJ/Stint length is shorter.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 20:52 (Ref:4059632)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Which (I think) demonstrates further that the stints are limited by energy over time, and that faster speeds use energy quicker.
wrong thread don’t encourage us.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...65#post4059265
Old 3 Jul 2021, 20:56 (Ref:4059635)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Old 3 Jul 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4059636)   #30
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
approximating without considering fuel consumed for formation lap of first stint, 52 minutes is the virtual min. stint lenght required to stay inside the 6 refuels window, 52 minutes intended as the interval of time including the time spent to exit from pit lane after the refuel + stint length + time spent to enter pit lane and refuel.
Provided of a theorical/virtual full race on green flag.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4059637)   #31
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - seems to make absolute sense to me. Which (I think) demonstrates further that the stints are limited by energy over time, and that faster speeds use energy quicker.

Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.
1 kW = 1,000.00 J/sec.

From this, I think it is clear to see that the energy used is a product of Torque x Speed - so faster speeds will use more energy per unit of time, meaning MJ/Stint length is shorter.
Honestly don't know, it would be nice if FIA would kindly explain the parameters about how MJ are exactly measured, but at the end power is an indirect measure of a given momentum/torque @ a given driveshaft rpm, at the opposite of torque that is an objective and absolute value being basically a type of force.
Anyway, I just think FIA torquemeters simply detect the amount of cumulative torque released on driving wheels.
Old 3 Jul 2021, 22:11 (Ref:4059639)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There is quite a nice schematic in the rules about what is allowed to be linked to what and where the torque is monitored.

Allows them to monitor the total power from the engine and electric motor (if relevant) to make sure that it is within the rules. Quite neat really. Ultimately means they don’t actually have to worry about working out how to limit power (fuel flow or air restrictors not needed) or to worry about the efficiency of the different engines, which they had to mess with tank sizes before.

Racecar engineering also covered this a couple of editions ago (IIRC they used the same schematic). They’ve had a decent LMH article in the last two or three editions. Talking about the homologation process, the engine power, delivery and rules (remember the different hybrid and diesel/petrol malarkey!).

And it is a suitable topic for the other non race thread shall I move these posts?

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Jul 2021 at 22:18. Reason: Shall move them?
Old 4 Jul 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4059671)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

One thing I haven’t seen is the new arrangement at Arnage.
No difference to the track of course, but it means that the ACO now own the small section from the new roundabout on. I guess you've not been since they installed the bank at Indianapolis? Sensational viewing. Quite possibly the best viewing now on the entire circuit and a fabulous place to sit and wait for the cars to come out for a practice or qually session. (If the sound isn't ruined by a babbling circuit commentator!).

PS I'm only posting this for light relief..... I'm asking the moderation team to add 'megajoule' and 'MJ' to the list of banned words on the forum.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4059699)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I haven’t. Not been since 2018.
So Does Arnage now work like Mulsanne corner for the race weekend?
Old 4 Jul 2021, 21:12 (Ref:4059846)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Effectively, when the race is on, the new roundabout and road layout sit outside the track... Mulsanne is effectively blocked, you can drive up so far but then you have to turn around and go back. The new Indianapolis viewing bank was in place in 2016.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 21:58 (Ref:4059852)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I was wondering about the bank. I think I’ve stood on it! The odd year we don’t get to that part of the track, but no way did I miss it for several years.
Although it has been more common recently as we’ve been tramming in from the town center. Although often we drive in on sometimes for this very reason.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4059897)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The Indianapolis bank has become essential viewing for us. We go there during qualifying and then for quite a bit of the night. Awesome.

But back to Monza......
Old 8 Jul 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4060410)   #38
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No BoP changes for Hypercar

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...nhaus/6627688/
Old 14 Jul 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4061035)   #39
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Really interested in seeing the top speed of the Glickenhaus on Monza's straights
Old 15 Jul 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4061119)   #40
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am no fan of LMP2 class, never was never will be. But the livery on the Risi Oreca is sweet. Actually have somebody to cheer for now there.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 01:06 (Ref:4061137)   #41
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I am no fan of LMP2 class, never was never will be. But the livery on the Risi Oreca is sweet. Actually have somebody to cheer for now there.
I'm not a fan of LMP2 either, but I love the Risi Competizione like you.
I wonder if Risi switched to LMP2 in preparation for the Ferrari LMH in 2023.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 01:35 (Ref:4061140)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I quite like LMP2, but despite that I like red cars too.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4061161)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Just to buck the trend, I love it. And right now, we need to be thankful that we have it.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4061208)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is FP1 supposed to be live right now? i don't see anything on the timing and scoring.

edit: nm, the app still isn't working for me, but got it on the browser.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4061209)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early in the session people appear to be taking it easy.

Last week lmp2 pole was a 1:35.8, albeit in different spec.

So far Hypercars are in 1:38 range
Old 16 Jul 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4061214)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Halfway through first session, Hypercar class is separated by 0.7 seconds with Glick cars having a few more kph on the top end but being 4th and 5th in class.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4061223)   #47
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Halfway through first session, Hypercar class is separated by 0.7 seconds with Glick cars having a few more kph on the top end but being 4th and 5th in class.
We'll continue dialing in.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4061224)   #48
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Only .6 seconds down; not too bad
Old 16 Jul 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4061251)   #49
canaglia
Veteran

as expected alpine is faster in S2 and is as fast as toyota in S3 (better cornering speed on parabolica vs better acceleration/top speed on main strainght).
Toyota and 007 have basically same top speed 314-316km/h.
Out of curiosity I searched for monza 2008 lmp1 statistics and I laughed so hard thinking about how nowadays sportscars are so so slow in name of "progress"
Old 16 Jul 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4061266)   #50
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
In recent times LMP2s used to do about 315 km/h. I'd expect around 315-320 for LMH and 305-310 for LMP2
My prediction looks dead on so far, although I was secretly hoping for more!