Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Dec 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1478753)   #1
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Title: Ingall can thank Skaife

Who believes that if it weren't for the clash with Skaife at EC, Ingall would have continued his Enforcer ways... and perhaps would have lost this year's title? I reckon he can also thank the stewards for correcting his driving style way back when ... and for turning him into a mature driver... who thinks with his head.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1478787)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so i guess that balances out skaife punting him into the dirt in china. oh wait a minute ambrose scored more point in that race(i assume you meant WA) (including the penalty) than ingall did in the china race.

But he cant thank murph, because that was where the championship was lost
Old 7 Dec 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1478885)   #3
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Sorry was that in English?

I actually wouldn't mind a non-derogatry response (peckstar need not reply).

It's not meant to be a dig at Ingall... just the opposite. Ingall has driven with his head this year. He is a far better driver because he is a cleaner driver. By contrast, Ambrose has been the aggressor and has paid the price.

That's really the message I wanted to get across, despite the light-hearted reference to the incident with Skaife.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1479205)   #4
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only person Ingall has to thank for his championship win is Spud.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:42 (Ref:1479333)   #5
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
The only person Ingall has to thank for his championship win is Spud.
And Skaife and Steve Richards and Lowndes and last but not least , Ambrose .
Old 8 Dec 2005, 02:35 (Ref:1479353)   #6
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he has already thanked everyone he needed too on the podium!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1479358)   #7
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby

It's not meant to be a dig at Ingall... just the opposite. Ingall has driven with his head this year. He is a far better driver because he is a cleaner driver. By contrast, Ambrose has been the aggressor and has paid the price.

That's really the message I wanted to get across, despite the light-hearted reference to the incident with Skaife.

Don't bother sinking the slipper into poor old peckstar if you can't spell derogatory!!!

Last edited by johnny yuma; 8 Dec 2005 at 03:10. Reason: sinking
Old 8 Dec 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1479452)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

but i disagree with your original statement. It really all came down to bathurst. Ambrose dropped around 100 points in that round (it was 116) that was more than the difference in the championship at the end.

i dont believe ambrose were penalised for being over agressive except for at Bathurst.

and next time if you dont want a sarcastic answer. dont make a such a broad statement as ingall can thank skaife. because that is total bull and a very immature thing to say, and as i said skaife took out ingall in China
Old 8 Dec 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1479593)   #9
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingall changed his style of racing- his approach but not the will, for the sake of how this Championship needs to be driven in order to win it.

SS baby,

perhaps your (leading) question may have been more accurately worded, "Hands up those who thought Russell Ingall could not win the Championship because he pushed too hard and the points gap between positions was an anathema to his approach and driving style." Ingall has no one to thank for this title other than his dedicated crew on car #9 and the sponsors, Ford, Caltex. You could never thank other drivers for the title.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 Dec 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1479756)   #10
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd put Ingalls change of attitude down to himself and the way the Stone Brothers run there team, firstly a person needs to recognise that they need to change and then surrounding them in a better environment such as SBR provides the external help.

It has nothing to do with Skaife or any other driver in my view.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1480029)   #11
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe SBR are the true ones that deserve the credit for rescueing him from the Holden Camp
Ford will will the next 2 championships also and untill Holden put up a decent opposition it will remain the case

SBR have now got 2 drivers who have both had the guts to measure them selves up against all comers globally over the years and Ambrose (now departed ) had the same credentuals
888 Have lownes who is strong, and Wincup who has shown great potentual in what is probally a pretty good car but not a front line unit
DJR Davison and Johnson, jury is out on how long young Will takes to adapt, but as for Jnr ... well he is never going to do it, but Dad own's the team so that is that
FPR I think both were FF champions and

I could be wrong but I think that 7 out of 8 of those drivers have won a national championship in FF be it here or overseas, almost all have had a crack at racing over seas and have returned better for it

Holden on the other side have basically got drivers that have been happy to be big fish little pond ,my memory may be incorrect but I think that they only have 2 FF champions in there "lead cars" if you are counting SCAR and Perkins teams as lead cars so 2 out of 8 drivers I am struggling to think of who has had a crack at the overseas thing apart from Richo and the 2 litre thing

Lownes or Ingall will win in 2006 and then all things being equal Courtney will be a hard nut to beat in 2007 , I just for the life of me cant see the General putting up anyone that is hungry enought and is in the right team . Todd,and Rick are top blokes, but they have been driving front line cars all there lives and have not delivered Garth is possibly there best hope of a championship, Skaifie is a good steerer but I think the reverse grid races will kill him , if the car is not a rocket ship. Larry's show is in decline and Richo will be out at the end of 2006 and SCAR seem to have a bit of growing left to do, PS look out for the tanties if Cam starts to beat Murf and he starts thinking about 2007 when he and Richo team up

I will bet the 2006 champion comes from this camp

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Dec 2005, 01:50 (Ref:1480153)   #12
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron
I'd put Ingalls change of attitude down to himself and the way the Stone Brothers run there team, firstly a person needs to recognise that they need to change and then surrounding them in a better environment such as SBR provides the external help.

It has nothing to do with Skaife or any other driver in my view.
No, I don't think it has anything to do with Skaife... I made that comment in jest.

I do believe that he has changed his behaviour as a result of the tangles he's had... and the punishment served to him. It's made him have a rethink. He definitely needed to concentrate more on the driving in order to beat his biggest opponent, who btw was Ambrose, not Skaife.

Anyway, the title thread wasn't a bait. It's purely an acknowledgment of Ingall's maturity.

PS If I really wanted to bait, I could have done a billy bigtime and asked "is Ford pulling out of V8 Supercars" ... as Ford are shedding 30,000 jobs and closing 10 plants in the US... their stocks are junk... and Ford Aus is sacking 500 employees..."
Old 9 Dec 2005, 01:59 (Ref:1480155)   #13
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PS If I really wanted to bait, I could have done a billy bigtime and asked "is Ford pulling out of V8 Supercars" ... as Ford are shedding 30,000 jobs and closing 10 plants in the US... their stocks are junk... and Ford Aus is sacking 500 employees..."
But then some one would point out that Holden are not renewing alot of there contracts with australian suppliers and are getting most stuff made overseas in the very near future and then we would have a whole different thread going wouldnt we

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Dec 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1480219)   #14
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, I don't think it has anything to do with Skaife... I made that comment in jest.

I do believe that he has changed his behaviour as a result of the tangles he's had... and the punishment served to him. It's made him have a rethink. He definitely needed to concentrate more on the driving in order to beat his biggest opponent, who btw was Ambrose, not Skaife.
I knew where you where coming from, SSbaby, I just don't happen to agree with it and gave my reasons why