Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2990384)   #1
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
daktari doc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
name Paddock/pit boards

Santa needs your help.
Towards the end of this year i noticed that in the paddock of the classic formula ford entrants a large number of you had a standard paddock/pit name board including the car colours and number on it. (which i think is a great idea and gave the kids alot of fun matching the cars on the track with those parked up by the way)

It has just come to me, that as a surprise i would love to get a couple of them done in their names for the bedroom walls above the beds, (if not too expensive) but don't know where to start. Could take a picture into a local shop but would love to get hold of the real thing for authenticity.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2990558)   #2
martyn_mcg
Rookie

England
martyn_mcg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoes boards where kindly made by Ian Jeary who races with us, he posts on here, i will nudge him in this direction!
Im glad to hear that people noticed as i think they are a great idea and if we did that every race and bumped the grids up we might get garages more often haha!!
Old 23 Nov 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2990563)   #3
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Paddock Boards

Thanks for the compliment on our paddock boards they were the brain child of Ian Jeary (dulon on here) and as you say they just add a little to our championship .Ians business involves all things promotional and you will have seen pictures of his car in Martini , JPS , Yardley and Hesketh colours this season, he has offered to do six of our cars in F1 liveries for the cost of the vinyl. So lets hope the racing is as good and close as this year with plenty of colour on the track . Classics Formula Ford already have 35 registered cars so it looks like it could be a "Classic" season .Dont forget we will be running a series of 6 races for Pre 90 cars and Pat at golden-era.com has been helping in promoting this just take a look at his site and read the race report from Oulton this year .
Old 23 Nov 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2990600)   #4
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daktari doc View Post
Santa needs your help.
Towards the end of this year i noticed that in the paddock of the classic formula ford entrants a large number of you had a standard paddock/pit name board including the car colours and number on it. (which i think is a great idea and gave the kids alot of fun matching the cars on the track with those parked up by the way)

It has just come to me, that as a surprise i would love to get a couple of them done in their names for the bedroom walls above the beds, (if not too expensive) but don't know where to start. Could take a picture into a local shop but would love to get hold of the real thing for authenticity.
that is a brilliant idea, so much so thats what i want to do aswell!
Old 24 Nov 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2990996)   #5
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
dulon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i'm blushing while i type this! Its great that the boards were received so well by the club and visitors alike.
I'm always more than happy to help Santa !!

If anyone wants a paddock/pit board just let me have the details you want included. Name; colour; car number etc. You can send a pm or email to vinylartco@aol.com

Many thanks to all for the interest and looking forward to next season. That's a bit of an understatement, i can hardly wait for the first race.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2991264)   #6
MrGoldenEra
Rookie

United Kingdom
MrGoldenEra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The name boards were a great idea for this season and have really given the Classic Formula Ford runners a professional appearance in the paddock, not to mention helping to link drivers with their cars!

The Pre 90 races next year will be great for spectators to associate with as most of the chassis being used will have interesting, recent history attatched. Most of the cars running will have been driven new by drivers who are currently or have recently been competing at international/world level, therefore adding some interest to the races for even the young on the banks. I myself intend to run my Pre 90 Van Diemen in it's original livery.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2991577)   #7
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
With the pre 90 races effectively making the CFFC meeting a double header for those wishing to do both, i'd be happy to make up boards for those competing.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2991895)   #8
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
PM not working so please excuse the public display but as the wife is going to let me have a few bits and pieces in the study, and as i've ordered the children a couple of boards for the bedroom i'd really like an original for the study. I notice from my pictures at mallory that your board featured the colours of the cars you'd featured during the year. Any chance you would consider parting with it Ian. ?
Old 27 Nov 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2992196)   #9
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
received PM no problem, boards made and ready to post, as the car will be under a more permanent colour scheme next year i'm happy to let the old board adorn your study wall.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 14:15 (Ref:3000225)   #10
daktari doc
Rookie

United Kingdom
devon
Ian, Many thanks, the parcel has arrived in good time, and your board is already up, and the children have no idea they have their own next week! A couple of buddies have been over in the meantime and have expressed an interest, so will be in touch for some more. Your championship dates (revised) really look good from a spectators standing, nothing to far north for us and some fantastic circuits ending with one closest to us. Merry xmas to you and anyone reading this!