Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Apr 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3229163)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Britcar - 13th April

I've just seen the Timetable for this:
MSA British Endurance Championship Warm up: 09.15 - 09.45 Various other practices and races, a gap of give or take 30 minutes between the end of the the first race and the start of the second
Finishing up with:
MSA British Endurance Championship Race: 16.40 / 19.40
HoHum that's a long old day
Glad I'm elsewhere
Old 4 Apr 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3229176)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a timetabled hour for lunch, though, so it's not all bad.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3229187)   #3
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There's a timetabled hour for lunch, though.
so we all know what that means

But don't care.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3229197)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ridiculous timetable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
. . .
Finishing up with:
MSA British Endurance Championship Race: 16.40 / 19.40
HoHum that's a long old day
Glad I'm elsewhere
Me too. (Glad that I'm elsewhere, somewhere, anywhere, not that you are!)

Frankly that's just taking the Mickey.

I may have to wash my hair that day.

Regards

Jim
Old 4 Apr 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3229234)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, it has been known for a reasonable length of time (from memory, the BARC volunteering forms sent out in Jan specified this) and the timetable has been in circulation for a couple of months, which means people have the opportunity to decide whether this meeting is for them or to make alternative arrangements. Personally, it is a bit too late for me, so will be at Silverstone.
Old 4 Apr 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3229241)   #6
Philo
Rookie

Philo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
To be fair, it has been known for a reasonable length of time (from memory, the BARC volunteering forms sent out in Jan specified this) and the timetable has been in circulation for a couple of months, which means people have the opportunity to decide whether this meeting is for them or to make alternative arrangements. Personally, it is a bit too late for me, so will be at Silverstone.
Totally agree, I really enjoyed this event last year, especially the endurance race and volunteered again this year knowing it will be a long day.

However I would say it is a good idea to try to find out finish times at Donington when/before volunteering.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 06:36 (Ref:3229395)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
However I would say it is a good idea to try to find out finish times at Donington when/before volunteering.[/QUOTE]

Good point. The 360 event on August 4th will have a similar late finish, but we will be 'rewarding' Marshals.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3229495)   #8
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There's a timetabled hour for lunch, though, so it's not all bad.
Not really

Race 1 finishes @ 12:55, so by the time the last car has taken the flag and done another lap to get back into the Pits, and then the Course Car goes round that'll be past 1 o'clock.

Race 2 starts @ 13:55 so you'll have to be on post by at least 13:40, if not earlier, so suddenly the lunch time isn't as long as it looks on paper.

Made even worse if you've had an incident on your post that needs clearing up.

In the afternoon the 3 races have a gap of 15 minutes between one finishing and the next one starting, no room for error eh?
Old 5 Apr 2013, 15:42 (Ref:3229559)   #9
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the afternoon the 3 races have a gap of 15 minutes between one finishing and the next one starting, no room for error eh?
Could be worse, last week the Motors TV at Castle Combe had 10 mins between racing, as has Donington this weekend for its 13 races

But don't care.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 15:58 (Ref:3229568)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Bl..dy hell
Old 5 Apr 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3229571)   #11
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Bl..dy hell
I suspect we may land up running a tad late - like last year - HF were not happy

But don't care.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3229702)   #12
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
However I would say it is a good idea to try to find out finish times at Donington when/before volunteering.

Good point. The 360 event on August 4th will have a similar late finish, but we will be 'rewarding' Marshals.
Taking the "***".

Jim
Old 6 Apr 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3229763)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*sigh* 'twas ever thus. I like Donington as a circuit, but it's many years since it got removed from my list of places I was prepared to marshal. Every year I get told it's changed and every year we get a thread like this. Guess I won't be back in a hurry.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3229857)   #14
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
*sigh* 'twas ever thus. I like Donington as a circuit, but it's many years since it got removed from my list of places I was prepared to marshal. Every year I get told it's changed and every year we get a thread like this. Guess I won't be back in a hurry.
I do lots of Donington days but do keep a close eye on the proposed timetable and take that into account when balancing my season's commitments. 1940 is just too silly.

Regards

Jim