Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Aug 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3997116)   #51
HQMsport
Rookie

HQMsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I’m at the start already, been at the Cherry Tree Inn since lunchtime if Iain or anyone else fancies a pint ��
Left there at lunchtime! Not sure I saw your car when we left.

Did see a Portofino as we were putting some stakes in the green..
Old 23 Aug 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3997283)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just completed the tour and enjoying a diet coke. Good fun but we lost the trip metre at around 50 miles so it was "interesting" thereafter. Thanks to Bryan and the Craven Motor Club for organising. Good to chat with Cliff and his wife.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3997311)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just home after 5.30 am start . Wonderfull to see Peter and Cliff .Thanks for your support .Im just sorry we did it get to have a beer after .Looks like everyone enjoyed the route . Fingers crossed I can have the show back next year .👍
Old 23 Aug 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3997315)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes great to see you and you array of racing cars too. Fingers definitely crossed for next year.
Old 23 Aug 2020, 17:14 (Ref:3997321)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Question for Dave "fat controller".Can I park up outside the circuit tomorrow night ?
Old 23 Aug 2020, 18:47 (Ref:3997363)   #56
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very enjoyable relaxed day, we completed the run with only one minor mishap, adding 0.2 miles to our distance.

Great catching up with Peter & Pat as well as seeing Iain & Grant at the finish. Definitely recommended & looking forward to next year - thanks to Delta & support team for organising 👍
Old 23 Aug 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3997401)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Don’t forget you will be back in a few weeks for Mikes bike ride . I will definitely buy you both a beer then . 🚴🏻*♂️🍺🍺
Old 23 Aug 2020, 19:57 (Ref:3997411)   #58
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Don’t forget you will be back in a few weeks for Mikes bike ride . I will definitely buy you both a beer then . 🚴🏻*♂️🍺🍺
Look forward to it - starting my training tomorrow
Old 23 Aug 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3997428)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone considered do Mike's Bike Ride on a tandem?

It might mean a little less fitness training is required?

A triplet might be even better?

Old 23 Aug 2020, 22:46 (Ref:3997521)   #60
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Question for Dave "fat controller".Can I park up outside the circuit tomorrow night ?
Mallory? Yes, just drive right in and park near the tribute statues, I have 2 or 3 times now.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 05:47 (Ref:3997545)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grant, I rode a tandem once. God awful thing. Never again!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Aug 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3997547)   #62
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone take any photos? Please!
Old 24 Aug 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3997552)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
By coincidence, here's a few I took.
Attached Thumbnails
SR_0012020.jpg   SR_0022020.jpg   SR_0032020.jpg  

SR_0042020.jpg   SR_0052020.jpg   SR_0062020.jpg  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3997554)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And this one is at the finish

Some retired early due to breakdowns but the majority finished. We chased the Alfa competing for who could make the most "four pot" noise in second gear up hills. Felt like I was 17 again!
Attached Thumbnails
SR_0072020.jpg  
Old 24 Aug 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3997622)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Received lots of pictures from Iain so here goes. Can the photographer identify him/herself please?
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8635.JPG   PJO_8636.JPG   PJO_8637.JPG  

PJO_8638.JPG   PJO_8639.JPG   PJO_8640.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3997624)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Peter Olley. He does lurk on here.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 12:49 (Ref:3997627)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Next set:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8641.JPG   PJO_8642.JPG   PJO_8643.JPG  

PJO_8644.JPG   PJO_8645.JPG   PJO_8646.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3997630)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Iain, batch three:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8647.JPG   PJO_8648.JPG   PJO_8649.JPG  

PJO_8650.jpg   PJO_8652.JPG   PJO_8653.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3997634)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Batch four:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8654.JPG   PJO_8655.JPG   PJO_8656.JPG  

PJO_8657.JPG   PJO_8658.JPG   PJO_8661.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3997642)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Five:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8662.JPG   PJO_8663.JPG   PJO_8664.JPG  

PJO_8665.jpg   PJO_8666.JPG   PJO_8667.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3997645)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Six:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8668.JPG   PJO_8669.JPG   PJO_8670.JPG  

PJO_8671.JPG   PJO_8672.JPG   PJO_8673.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3997650)   #72
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Seven:
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8674.JPG   PJO_8675.JPG   PJO_8676.JPG  

PJO_8679.JPG   PJO_8680.JPG   PJO_8681.JPG  

Old 24 Aug 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3997656)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Eight and the last batch today. Will return to this tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_8682.JPG   PJO_8684.JPG   PJO_8685.JPG  

PJO_8686.JPG   PJO_8687.JPG   PJO_8689.JPG  

Old 25 Aug 2020, 00:39 (Ref:3997750)   #74
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great photos.......as an Alfisto, I bet the Alfa made better sounds than the MGB...tho the MGB basso profundo was always a fruity sound
Old 25 Aug 2020, 05:30 (Ref:3997762)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ford pick up truck was my favorate .