Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jul 2020, 07:42 (Ref:3989879)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bentley Drivers Club

Mix of Bentley, Pre-war, Classic, Morgan, AMOC, FISCAR and Allcomers Races.
Old 22 Jul 2020, 04:39 (Ref:3990100)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slightly delayed, but my favourite meeting of any year, hope to see Delta there.
Old 22 Jul 2020, 06:18 (Ref:3990104)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’m sorry Bob but I will be getting the Show organised this day . I have also got to get cars to Mallory this weekend . Trying not to think about it to much at moment . Hope you have a good time and we will look forward to report and photos . 👍
Old 22 Jul 2020, 09:30 (Ref:3990125)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m sorry Bob but I will be getting the Show organised this day . I have also got to get cars to Mallory this weekend . Trying not to think about it to much at moment . Hope you have a good time and we will look forward to report and photos . 👍
Is anyone you know able to collect your prints .for you?
Old 22 Jul 2020, 09:30 (Ref:3990126)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoping for a good FISCAR grid.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 31 Jul 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3991784)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Sadly i understand that the meeting is not open to the public so anyone wanting to attend had better pull some strings.

Probably worth keeping an eye on the Silverstone web site in case things change.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3991788)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed; a real shame but just thankful it's going ahead. Our own grid is beginning to take shape and looks pretty good …… so far!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Aug 2020, 08:33 (Ref:3997182)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, FISCAR had a good grid. 26 entries initially but one withdrawal, so 25 qualifying. We lost 2 cars through mechanical ailments in qualifying so 23 cars took the grid; some really lovely cars, some new to us, including the 1954 Bristol 450 recreation (remember the Dinky toy), of which none of the originals exist in this form, on its debut. Two cars stalled on the startline including Oli Llewellyin in the Allard, on pole, although he went onto win eventually. Quite a high attrition rate, including two lost wheels so all in all a dramatic but successful outing. It was good to be back at a race meeting and great to catch up with a few people although I saw none of the other races and not even all of our race! I'm sure Bob will grace this thread with some of his photos in due course!
Old 24 Aug 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3997573)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
John,nice to see you and your good lady on Saturday, I will post a few pictures on the Parade site and kill two birds ...etc.

I have noticed a sad deterioration in my photography over the last few years, so I had my camera serviced by Canon, their 'Premium' service to ensure it was not the camera- even more sadly it is not. I suspect that old age is catching up with my stability and 'camera shake' is setting in.
Although I had not set up my camera properly before the meeting and that did not help.

Excuses, excuses.

Must do better;
Old 24 Aug 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3997684)   #10
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pictures you've posted on your 'Picture Parade' don't look too shaky Baub. Unless it's my eyesight of course....
Old 25 Aug 2020, 09:10 (Ref:3997794)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought they looked great Bob, especially given your (self imposed) old fart status.
If only mine could get close to the quality of yours, and I have too many panned shots with only half a car or even empty tracks to count.
I have moved on to taking mainly paddock shots these days... and im still, relative to you, in my nappies! I struggle to open or understand the menu on my (Canon) camera!
I guess what I am saying is that if you hadnt mentioned it I wouldnt have picked they were at all substandard. In fact even with your heads up I struggled to find fault.
Keep 'em coming.
Old 25 Aug 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3997799)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
John,nice to see you and your good lady on Saturday, I will post a few pictures on the Parade site and kill two birds ...etc.

I have noticed a sad deterioration in my photography over the last few years, so I had my camera serviced by Canon, their 'Premium' service to ensure it was not the camera- even more sadly it is not. I suspect that old age is catching up with my stability and 'camera shake' is setting in.
Although I had not set up my camera properly before the meeting and that did not help.

Excuses, excuses.

Must do better;
Baub, if it'll make you feel better I'll dig out some more of my old blotchy out of focus and badly panned scanned 35mm slides, they really are sub-standard . (Having said that my new scanner is much higher resolution so the odd ones that are in focus don't look too bad, but still nowhere near as good as yours).
Old 25 Aug 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3997888)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Oh Yeah?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2560.JPG   IMG_2505.jpg   IMG_2550.JPG  

IMG_2332 (2).JPG   IMG_2757.JPG   IMG_2610.JPG  

Old 25 Aug 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3997912)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Excuses, excuses.

Must do better;
Good to see you, too, Bob. Photos look OK to me. I think my photos are deteriorating too, although I'm a bit younger than you!
Old 27 Aug 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3998380)   #15
Eliteracer
Rookie

Eliteracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to all the organisers marshals and medical staff who made this event possible in covid-19 times.

Special thanks to the tow truck team that got me back from the pit lane to the paddock with misbehaving Elite.

BDC Silverstone is a great event, long may it continue.

J
Old 18 Sep 2020, 08:52 (Ref:4003398)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
For anyone interested in the FISCAR race my rather lengthy report is up. If you get bored with the text, there are over 90 photographs accompanying it:-

http://fiscar.org/bdc-silverstone-1