Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Mar 2007, 10:12 (Ref:1876574)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Congrats to the Lamborghini Murcialago R-GT!!!! Winner R1 FIA GT

Sorry but I had to do this!!

I don't want to detract from main thread discussion but this is such a momentous occurrence that it surely warrants a separate thread.

How fantastic is it that a car with a cult enthusiasts following, not to mention one of the all time top dream marques, wins in the leading International series of it's kind.

This car has been around for 4 years or so and had been written off as flashy sideshow to the main contenders.

Yet it just goes to show with the right people and right decisions involved in engineering a race car (perhaps with a little help from a rule break here and there...) a great road car can become a great race car too...

I can't remember the last time the sweetest sounding car in any motorsport series was a front running machine.

Probably the McLaren GTR in the old GT1 in the late 90's.

Anyway full marks to Reiter/AllInkl and the irrepressible Cristophe Bouchut, teammate Stefan Mucke and the rest of the squad.

Here's wishing them a consistent season up the front.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 14:10 (Ref:1876720)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh chunter you beat me to it!

big congrats to all.inkl for giving the murcielago its first win in the FIA GT, just goes to show that these modifications they made to the car have really paid off.

looking forward to some more wins throughout the course of the year
Old 26 Mar 2007, 15:48 (Ref:1876779)   #3
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a incredible victory, a great surprise, I'd never have imagine something like that... congratulations for all the members of the team.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1876881)   #4
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Understand the excitement and desire for a seperate thread for this, but it's a bit unfair to post spoilers in a thread title.

Anyone with a busy Sunday, and the race on video may need a day or two to watch it, and would thus avoid the main race thread...
Old 26 Mar 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1876887)   #5
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunterer is definitely my soul mate.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1876958)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Understand the excitement and desire for a seperate thread for this, but it's a bit unfair to post spoilers in a thread title.

Anyone with a busy Sunday, and the race on video may need a day or two to watch it, and would thus avoid the main race thread...
I know, bit poor form from me, i'm sorry but I couldn't contain my excitement!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1876960)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im hoping that the JLOC LM entry will be the same spec . Ive never seen one yet , but am looking forward to seeing it at LM this year .

Im delighted that they won , fair and square , hope that momentom keeps up all through the year . That should keep all the folks who doubted "Mücke" ..... quiet !!!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1876967)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im hoping that the JLOC LM entry will be the same spec . Ive never seen one yet , but am looking forward to seeing it at LM this year .

Im delighted that they won , fair and square , hope that momentom keeps up all through the year . That should keep all the folks who doubted "Mücke" ..... quiet !!!
Honestly you've got to go to next round at Silverstone! You won't regret it!

I had hoped to see it in 2005, didn't show. Then it ran and sounded magical last year, albeit well off the pace.

But to be able to see it, hear it as a competitive propostion.

Man, this result could lead to huge increase in ticket sales for May?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1877050)   #9
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was a delight to see the JLOC one at Le Sarthe last year. It gave as good as it could. This new version is known as the "Le Mans" version, I can't read Italian, but this report mentions JLOC:

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/noti...?idtitolo=2787

So maybe they will have this new spec car come June?
Old 26 Mar 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1877103)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Honestly you've got to go to next round at Silverstone! You won't regret it!

I had hoped to see it in 2005, didn't show. Then it ran and sounded magical last year, albeit well off the pace.

But to be able to see it, hear it as a competitive propostion.

Man, this result could lead to huge increase in ticket sales for May?
nothing, and i mean nothing, is like it. better in all senses than anything else, except maybe livery- its a bit uninspired. but it has presence, and it has drama. not sure about a huge increase tho
Old 26 Mar 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1877116)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cant make Silverstone mate , Monza would be closer for me !! But I will see it at Le Mans .

I did see it at Monza a few years ago , Reiter Engineering ran it with an Audi Transmission in it i think , Kristensen-Capello were supposed to drive it , but it never took the start , shame !! That was Fia Gt 2004 i think .
Old 27 Mar 2007, 02:41 (Ref:1877278)   #12
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope VAG will decide to re-invest in the project and provide more support. So that the cars will win consistently.

Just a note, the cars changed to Michelin this year and it becomes an instant winner... am I reading too much into this?
Old 27 Mar 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1877349)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cant make Silverstone mate , Monza would be closer for me !! But I will see it at Le Mans .

I did see it at Monza a few years ago , Reiter Engineering ran it with an Audi Transmission in it i think , Kristensen-Capello were supposed to drive it , but it never took the start , shame !! That was Fia Gt 2004 i think .
If I'm not mistaken it will have been '03 - think it practiced and failed and never raced.

Really great news of the Lambo win, though. Definitely the most distinctive of engine notes, it's so fantastic to watch in the flesh. Just for a little reminder of that glorious sound, this is the best of the videos I managed to grab of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCX6lfvlBiY

Last edited by TheNewBob; 27 Mar 2007 at 06:56.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 07:02 (Ref:1877355)   #14
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Just a note, the cars changed to Michelin this year and it becomes an instant winner... am I reading too much into this?
The Lamborghini was granted a bigger restrictor (32 mm instead of 31.2 mm). And it is still running with a larger rear wing than allowed, that is positioned higher than allowed

And of course the Maserati were running with +25 kg.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1877368)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
The Lamborghini was granted a bigger restrictor (32 mm instead of 31.2 mm). And it is still running with a larger rear wing than allowed, that is positioned higher than allowed

Yep as I said earlier (with a rule break here and there!) But still, one cannot dispute this is a massive story for the series and an excelllent bit of PR with there being a 6 week gap until Silverstone!!
Old 27 Mar 2007, 09:26 (Ref:1877448)   #16
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I noticed is that Christophe Bouchut was the only Lambo driver who could break into the 1m33s, with a best time of 1m32.711s. All others: Mucke, Menten and Kox could only do 1m34s at best. If not for Bouchut, then the Corvette of Peter/Hines might well have beaten the Lambo in the last 10 laps. Bouchut more or less gave Lambo its first win single handedly.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1877467)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
It was a delight to see the JLOC one at Le Sarthe last year. It gave as good as it could. This new version is known as the "Le Mans" version, I can't read Italian, but this report mentions JLOC:

http://www.racingworld.it/fiagt/noti...?idtitolo=2787

So maybe they will have this new spec car come June?
The article says that air conditioning has been installed per ACO rules and that it is likely that JLOC will invest in the 2007 developments. So, it's not confirmed, but expected (reading between the lines). Let's hope so!

Fantastic result and a huge step forward, but I'll be celebrating even more when it wins without the aforementioned performance breaks.

Definitely news worthy of a dedicated thread, chunterer!
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:05 (Ref:1877533)   #18
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news to hear that Lamborghini have finally won a race. Cant wait for Silverstone now!...its sooo long away
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1877551)   #19
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Bouchut said he pushed like hell during his last laps:
Quote:
Then all the others pitted later than us, so I was first at the restart. I thought that the others would come back quickly, so I decided to do the last 10 laps flat out. Then the team told me that the gap was staying the same. I pushed again more to show to Philipp Peter that I would never give up. I did one of the fastest laps of the race. And until the finish I was driving over the limit, and I discover that the car has an interesting potential when you push it over the limit.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1877567)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Top, top quote!! He's always been a charger whatever he's driven hasn't he!!

I remember an amusing incident nearly 10 years ago when he had an altercation with JJ Lehto at Spa or something... Christophe was murdering one of the mark 1 911 GT1's and must have missed JJ closing him down in the Fina F1 GTR. Upshot of this was a very upset JJ (I shan't repeat what he called Bouchut) because he couldn't get past him and they indulged in a bit of chicken through Eau Rouge and up the hill to Radillion is it?
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1877571)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
If I'm not mistaken it will have been '03 - think it practiced and failed and never raced.

Really great news of the Lambo win, though. Definitely the most distinctive of engine notes, it's so fantastic to watch in the flesh. Just for a little reminder of that glorious sound, this is the best of the videos I managed to grab of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCX6lfvlBiY
Thats it then bob , '03 it was..... the most races I saw in one year , i managed to do Sebring , Le Mans & Monza Fia GT . The hardest slog was Monza believe it or not , we got lost on foot , blisters the lot !!! Cant see another year like that for a long long way off .
Old 27 Mar 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1877948)   #22
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion

but if it were lower than allowed it wouldnt fit on the back!
Old 28 Mar 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1878341)   #23
Kessen
Rookie

Belgium
Kessen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
One thing I noticed is that Christophe Bouchut was the only Lambo driver who could break into the 1m33s, with a best time of 1m32.711s. All others: Mucke, Menten and Kox could only do 1m34s at best. If not for Bouchut, then the Corvette of Peter/Hines might well have beaten the Lambo in the last 10 laps. Bouchut more or less gave Lambo its first win single handedly.
Both cars suffered problems with the brakes and were struggling to get heat in the tires on Saturday. That's probably the reason why All-Inkl. was off pace in Quali.

Fifteen minutes in the race the Kox/Menten car got damaged during the contact with the Barwell Aston. That's why they couldn't run competitive lap times anymore.

Bouchut drove a fantastic final stint. But I was told by someone from the team that he had the advantage/luck that he could save his tires during the SC period. Nevertheless, the guy drove a magnificent relais.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1878470)   #24
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
i just cant get enough- and i dont think any change to the rules is merited, especially if this was maybe a bit of a fluke. i just hope to hell it wasnt!
Old 28 Mar 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1878479)   #25
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwy2vXzO0XM

this is a bit lenghty, but 3:30 mins in there is an onboard sequence guaranteed to make your hairs stand up... its got a long development sequence and annoying music but the on board is worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppdlMl8S1U

and a lap of spa with mr peter kox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9xS4ZddpJA
enjoy