Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Nov 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4135250)   #701
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
With 6 BMW's having being built. Is chassis #1 retired again?
With #1 replacing #6 damaged at Oulton for the second half of the year, does that mean that there is a possibility that #6 hasn't been/won't be fully repaired?
#6 has been repaired. I don't know what has happed to #1 but assume it will be re-retired.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4135288)   #702
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Further to this - Marcus Simmons at Autosport has suggested WSRs 2023 line-up will be Turkington, Jelley, Hill, and Morgan. According to Simmons, Gamble is in discussions with FWD and RWD teams for the 2023 season.
Gamble with RWD teams.... The only other RWD team this year was Laser Tools, who are looking for new cars and we know Motorbase are considering RWD options but their 4 drivers are not expected to change. Are there more teams making the switch? BTC and PMR are the only ones I can think of
Old 29 Nov 2022, 08:30 (Ref:4135293)   #703
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can see Morgan at WSR, they like giving drivers a chance.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4135326)   #704
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Gamble with RWD teams.... The only other RWD team this year was Laser Tools, who are looking for new cars and we know Motorbase are considering RWD options but their 4 drivers are not expected to change. Are there more teams making the switch? BTC and PMR are the only ones I can think of
Depends if Ciceley have sold on their 2nd BMW, it could already be with an existing team!?!?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4135327)   #705
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they like drivers with lot of £££
Old 29 Nov 2022, 11:30 (Ref:4135377)   #706
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this is the right place to post or ask. But is there anything other than Autosport/Motorsport News magazines and Touring Car Times/Touring Cars Net websites to get BTCC coverage. I mean more than just news and race reports?

I did like the Inside BTCC stuff, and way back when the Super Touring mag was out in the 90s.
Just puzzles me that a championship that has a TV audience, I was told around 300,000 a race, (would love to know if it’s accurate) and big crowd gets less features in Autosport than some other stuff. I mean, in the UK surely BTCC has a bigger following than DTM or WEC (when it isn’t Le Mans.) I know F1 is the main thing for Autosport, but you’d think they’d try and pull in some more readers.

If there is another thread for a question like this where would I go - don’t want to hijack off-topic.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4135397)   #707
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post or ask. But is there anything other than Autosport/Motorsport News magazines and Touring Car Times/Touring Cars Net websites to get BTCC coverage. I mean more than just news and race reports?

I did like the Inside BTCC stuff, and way back when the Super Touring mag was out in the 90s.
Just puzzles me that a championship that has a TV audience, I was told around 300,000 a race, (would love to know if it’s accurate) and big crowd gets less features in Autosport than some other stuff. I mean, in the UK surely BTCC has a bigger following than DTM or WEC (when it isn’t Le Mans.) I know F1 is the main thing for Autosport, but you’d think they’d try and pull in some more readers.

If there is another thread for a question like this where would I go - don’t want to hijack off-topic.
F1 is about F1 - that's it
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4135414)   #708
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Actually that's a good question, BTCC seems to have very little coverage and to be fair, quite often this forum is the best source of information because the likes of Autosport, Touring Car Times etc usually just put news with some official statements from teams/drivers/Alan Gow and that's just it.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4135416)   #709
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We're still here, even if the eMag isn't. Currently no plans to make the website into another news site like TcT or TouringCars.net but if there are any suggestions you want to make beyond all the stats then feel free to go for it...
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4135447)   #710
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they like drivers with lot of £££
Every team does
Old 29 Nov 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4135448)   #711
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The only other RWD team this year was Laser Tools, who are looking for new cars
Are they?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 18:24 (Ref:4135462)   #712
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Are they?
It was hinted at the end of this season from the likes of Parfitt and ITV Sport that the Infinitis would be retired after Brands GP.

Even if they were just being speculative, given the lack of success they had this year I think another car must be worth considering. Moffat and Patterson 'tested' (at a Team HARD trackday thing) the CUPRA last month.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 18:26 (Ref:4135464)   #713
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It was hinted at the end of this season from the likes of Parfitt and ITV Sport that the Infinitis would be retired after Brands GP.

Even if they were just being speculative, given the lack of success they had this year I think another car must be worth considering. Moffat and Patterson 'tested' (at a Team HARD trackday thing) the CUPRA last month.
They did indeed. Moffat at the hot lap day and then both of them at a seperate test.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 11:37 (Ref:4135555)   #714
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Hard to have a 'btcc announcement' on Friday
Old 30 Nov 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4135578)   #715
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside BTCC View Post
We're still here, even if the eMag isn't. Currently no plans to make the website into another news site like TcT or TouringCars.net but if there are any suggestions you want to make beyond all the stats then feel free to go for it...
Love the stats, keep 'em coming!! I'm just interested in the tech, people, stories and that. Just think the BTCC needs lifting, as a championship it seems a bit 'Bernie' in believing TV is everything, but ITV do great features, wish they did a preview/review mag like the BBC used to.

But I did have some breakthroughs. Joined Readly (Autosport/Motorsport News are on there cheaper than buying copies) and found Racecar Engineering magazine - have to admit that a lot of it is above me, but there's some good explainers on Hybrid - BTCC popping up i Octane and AUtocar (some good some bad.)
Also found a mag called Motor Racing UK - they sent over some PDFs of old issues - lots of massive interviews with drivers and some good stuff on UK racing, never heard of it before now.

Still, can always go back to the race programs.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4135596)   #716
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morgan joins WSR
Old 30 Nov 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4135598)   #717
Sunbeam347
Rookie

Sunbeam347 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is it (likely) 4x drivers at WSR or is someone making way?
Old 30 Nov 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4135600)   #718
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck to the guy, but with, if they are retained for next year, 2 other proven race winners, surely it follows that the drivers will be competing against each other and therefore possibly diluting the individual driver's championship points tally.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 17:31 (Ref:4135601)   #719
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam347 View Post
So is it (likely) 4x drivers at WSR or is someone making way?
According to the Autosport article, WSR have purchased one of the Ciceley TBLs and both of the cars but has said they are not interested in running a 5th no matter who gives them a call.

Dick has asked Motorbase if they fancied the 5th BMW for Ash (I think that was a bit tongue in cheek somehow)

Last edited by Jon411; 30 Nov 2022 at 17:52.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4135606)   #720
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
According to the Autosport article, WSR have purchased one of the Ciceley TBLs and both of the cars but has said they are not interested in running a 5th no matter who gives them a call.

Dick has asked Motorbase if they fancied the 5th BMW for Ash (I think that was a bit tongue in cheek somehow)
With Turkington, Hill and Jelley all likely to remain.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4135626)   #721
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are we looking at 2xWSR and 2x MB?
Old 30 Nov 2022, 20:41 (Ref:4135627)   #722
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
So are we looking at 2xWSR and 2x MB?
3 x WSR and 1 x MB I believe
Old 30 Nov 2022, 21:16 (Ref:4135631)   #723
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So 2x Team BMW, 1x Ciceley Commercials and 1x MB?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 06:56 (Ref:4135650)   #724
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Old 1 Dec 2022, 07:11 (Ref:4135651)   #725
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One other detail I noticed in the article is the sentence 'Morgan will [be] making his Manufacturers/Constructors debut'

This confirms the category in which WSR will enter, and strongly suggests that at least two cars are likely to be 'Team BMW'.