Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Jul 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4166801)   #451
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would love to see 888 run a team in NASCAR…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Jul 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4166852)   #452
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wish the camera was forward facing but oh well... 2 min video of 18th to first.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1676292457531580417

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Would love to see 888 run a team in NASCAR…
I don't see that being too far fetched, with how close the cars are these days...
Old 5 Jul 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4166866)   #453
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A day for Noah to Baconaite about. I mean, forget about:

https://twitter.com/Basso488/status/1676561571492036615
Old 6 Jul 2023, 17:16 (Ref:4166990)   #454
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did seem that he was having much trouble with the turns.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4166998)   #455
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
It did seem that he was having much trouble with the turns.
too much Wendy's
Old 7 Jul 2023, 06:30 (Ref:4167021)   #456
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Doesn't his wife have some ownership interest in the team? If true would be fun dinner conversation leaving. And it was rumored his contact only limits another Supercars team, leave the series and he's free and clear
Dont know if he's got a wife, though the lady with a shareholding (Jess Dane) is a daughter of one of the team founders, who has divested his ownership over the past couple of years.

They're racing around the streets of Townsville in North Queensland this weekend.

Fair to say everyone wishes him well & IF he gets the chance in Nascar, both New Zealand & Australia will be wishing him well.

Remember Team Penske already have an identical twin in motor racing pedigree, doing Indycars Scott McLaughlin.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 11:47 (Ref:4167054)   #457
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Dont know if he's got a wife, though the lady with a shareholding (Jess Dane) is a daughter of one of the team founders, who has divested his ownership over the past couple of years.

They're racing around the streets of Townsville in North Queensland this weekend.

Fair to say everyone wishes him well & IF he gets the chance in Nascar, both New Zealand & Australia will be wishing him well.

Remember Team Penske already have an identical twin in motor racing pedigree, doing Indycars Scott McLaughlin.
Was reported in a couple racing adjacent things as wife, would not at all surprise me if they were not accurate and throwing things at the wall
Old 9 Jul 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4167628)   #458
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
NASCAR thinks it's a good idea to race in Georgia in July. I think they got a little lucky on temps. Hope they can get through it before the storms roll through, which they should. I'll try to watch for a minute, maybe....
Old 9 Jul 2023, 23:51 (Ref:4167659)   #459
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Okay, so the broadcast played audio from Kyle B, with crewchief saying that weather is within an hour or an hour and a half and NBC cooking up everyone is going to be pushing to get up front...

When I looked earlier, storms weren't passing through the area until late evening, near midnight. Just checked again and I stand by my previous statement. I'm not meteorologist, but it appears NBC is cooking up some bogus drama because this race isn't cooking up shyte!
Old 10 Jul 2023, 00:01 (Ref:4167661)   #460
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
OK, that got a little crazy towards the end of stage 1... but stage racing....
Old 10 Jul 2023, 00:43 (Ref:4167667)   #461
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Still pushing the weather...I guess they'd call it for lightning and fan safety but future radar showing 1130 PM EST...
Old 10 Jul 2023, 01:53 (Ref:4167672)   #462
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I guess I'll eat crow. The storm was moving quicker than the forecast indicated. Still looks like it's a little ways away, but lightning is coming with it....
Old 11 Jul 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4167965)   #463
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I kinda like Brad now...

https://twitter.com/keselowski/statu...93231808757762
Old 16 Jul 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4168609)   #464
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Any of you guys thinking Stewart Haas is gonna sink like a stone with Harvick and Busch gone at year end?

In my mind they are weak on driver talent, to my mind Harvick is still the best of their drivers by a mile. Penskes Fords mostly always have better pace and RFK is showing genuine speed too - with a little luck and some hard work I can see 6 and 17 as top 10 week in week out.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4168625)   #465
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Science.

The dead pan responses are excellent. They are dead pan surely.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4168692)   #466
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
As we're lacking action thought you might like to see a few old timers gently pootling up Goodwood hill climb on a very soggy Saturday!

https://youtu.be/rIQHFsmldHU

The commentators know sweet FA about anything...
Old 17 Jul 2023, 01:47 (Ref:4168710)   #467
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
As we're lacking action thought you might like to see a few old timers gently pootling up Goodwood hill climb on a very soggy Saturday!

https://youtu.be/rIQHFsmldHU

The commentators know sweet FA about anything...
Commentators also said Bill Elliott won the 88 Championship in Harry Gant's (Hal Needham and Burt Reynold) Skoal Bandit Monte Carlo. Not sure Bill ever drove a Chevy in his life!
Old 18 Jul 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4168898)   #468
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Well I genuinely know very little about NASCAR prior to the late 90's / early 00's but I did do a double take when they called the Skoal car Bill Elliotts. Only number I associate with Bill E is the 9 car!

They also called an off into the straw for an early Adrian Newey F1 car "a car problem". The car problem was the pilot steering too sharp whilst braking and losing the cold rear tyres grip on the track.

Nice to see and hear the cars though
Old 20 Jul 2023, 01:54 (Ref:4169129)   #469
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meanwhile.. Project 91 has lured Shane van Gisbergen along to Indy for the road race on August 13…
Old 20 Jul 2023, 04:08 (Ref:4169135)   #470
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meanwhile.. Project 91 has lured Shane van Gisbergen along to Indy for the road race on August 13…
Yes! I don't expect a repeat but I'd give him a fighting chance and a good chance of a top 10.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4169165)   #471
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only road course without a conflict left on the schedule
Old 25 Jul 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4169912)   #472
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
https://youtu.be/kV6trKhV-NI

I don't know why Logano losing his cool makes me chuckle, but it just does.

Don't think your momma would like the language!
Old 30 Jul 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4170550)   #473
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Only road course without a conflict left on the schedule
While Mr Van Gisbergen confirmed he is coming to NASCAR in 2024!!

Story Here
Old 31 Jul 2023, 14:08 (Ref:4170826)   #474
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Supercars loss, NASCARs gain.

Now are the guys running NASCAR smart enough to make the TV widely available to Aussies and Kiwis who will watch their man given half a chance?
Old 1 Aug 2023, 01:52 (Ref:4170866)   #475
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's not a matter of smart enough from NASCAR. It doesn't seem like TV partners want to reach for sports that aren't classic Aussie events, the World Cup is apparently hard to find in the host country. And they ain't gonna throw it to streaming, I'm sure someone somewhere has a preemptive deal that would block it sadly