Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3124462)   #51
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful day at The Creek today and good to see a decent crowd out there. My car had a win so I'm happy, thanks Scott! Kirrapak Lotuses 1st and 3rd.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3124496)   #52
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Tells you a lot about their mindset when
they're happy with those results.
Not too mention they don't actually know where they are lol 'Sydney Olympic Park'...
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3124497)   #53
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
2) His manager/s are Neil Crompton and Alan Gow. Therefore a lot of poo is spoken.
That explains the constant beat up on TV then
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3124500)   #54
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Was a great day out there today I thought. Not a bad crowd. Prod Sports put on a great race, as did Improved Production. I left before the V8's as the 5yr old was getting grumpy.

Anyone notice the perfume(?) sprayers all around the tip site on Ferrers Road? Interesting touch I thought lol!
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3124502)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Was a great day out there today I thought. Not a bad crowd. Prod Sports put on a great race, as did Improved Production. I left before the V8's as the 5yr old was getting grumpy.

Anyone notice the perfume(?) sprayers all around the tip site on Ferrers Road? Interesting touch I thought lol!
If you were parked at WSID, you may have noticed that they clearly didnt work

Speaking of which, I was wondering if the ARDC had hired the traffic management planners from the long lost Oran Park.. 55 minutes to get from a mid carpark to the main road. Bloody madness. The 500 or so other cars thought so too
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3124503)   #56
Shane001
Racer

Australia
LOL yeah that's one of the reasons I wasn't too disappointed leaving early, I figured you either get out early or get stuck there for hours!
Old 25 Aug 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3124542)   #57
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelise View Post
Beautiful day at The Creek today and good to see a decent crowd out there. My car had a win so I'm happy, thanks Scott! Kirrapak Lotuses 1st and 3rd.
just watched the highlights and was laughing when whincup wrecked his tyre, and was being swamped by the field. he drove it home well though, props for that, but as for the crowds it looked like there were barely over 10k people there why cant more of you sydneysiders go to the races
Old 25 Aug 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3124546)   #58
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Yeah I agree, would not have been more than 10K, but still more than WTAC, not that they are comparable events. Be interesting to see how many there tomorrow.

Thing is though they didn't promote it much(?).
Old 25 Aug 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3124639)   #59
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
but as for the crowds it looked like there were barely over 10k people there why cant more of you sydneysiders go to the races
What is wrong with 10,000 people on only a Saturday?
Old 25 Aug 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3124776)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What is wrong with 10,000 people on only a Saturday?
that would be considered small, expecially at the price.

would suggest that means we might get a 2 day crowd of about 25K , which from memory is about the same as last time
Old 26 Aug 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3124823)   #61
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STEWARDS SUMMARY
UPDATE 2: 0900hrs Sunday 26th August 2012
Quote:
Matters arising from Practice:

Following an investigation and an admission by Craig Lowndes Car #888 that he exceeded the Pit Lane speed limit, the Stewards imposed a Fine of $1,000 with $400 suspended until 31/18/12
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...1/default.aspx
Old 26 Aug 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3124847)   #62
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

would suggest that means we might get a 2 day crowd of about 25K , which from memory is about the same as last time
Considering its only a Saturday, not the main day Sunday, and $65 is not cheap (especially when it clashes with the NRL 10mins down the M4 where the Penrith Panthers were playing their last home game of the season).

A bigger crowd should be out today
Old 26 Aug 2012, 02:49 (Ref:3124852)   #63
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Remember Pecky it is only a 2 day event - V8SA can only count those who attend on Sunday twice rather the usual 3 times
Old 26 Aug 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3124853)   #64
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Remember Pecky it is only a 2 day event - V8SA can only count those who attend on Sunday twice rather the usual 3 times
For someone who typically lauds Indycar attendance this comment is borderline comical.
Old 26 Aug 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3124863)   #65
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
For someone who typically lauds Indycar attendance this comment is borderline comical.
Who is lauding Indycar attendance?

They could learn a lot from V8SA's multiplication system
Old 26 Aug 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3124866)   #66
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Who is lauding Indycar attendance?

They could learn a lot from V8SA's multiplication system
They used an advanced version of it at Baltimore, 20,194 grandstand seats, of course all used, times three days, 160,000 weekend attendance?

An incredible 99,418 packing the general admission all week!

The biggest fuzzy math V8SC uses seems to be at the Gold Coast 600.
Old 26 Aug 2012, 05:01 (Ref:3124877)   #67
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
STEWARDS SUMMARY
UPDATE 2: 0900hrs Sunday 26th August 2012

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...1/default.aspx
Howzat , suspended untill my birthday .
Old 26 Aug 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3124882)   #68
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to hear the commentary team talking about "Thuster". I wonder if the team would receive a talk about referencing guys from other networks. (ie: Talking about Greg Rust from Ch 10)
Old 26 Aug 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3124884)   #69
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Says a lot regarding the lack excitement
in these races when Crompton says after
seeing a rare paint swapping dice ''
that's all good and exciting, but it
doesn't do the tyre life much good ''.
Old 26 Aug 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3124895)   #70
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Says a lot regarding the lack excitement
in these races when Crompton says after
seeing a rare paint swapping dice ''
that's all good and exciting, but it
doesn't do the tyre life much good ''.
I didn't see the race........was it a "boreathon" with Whincup leading from start to finish?
Old 26 Aug 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3124901)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I didn't see the race........was it a "boreathon" with Whincup leading from start to finish?
yes, yesterdays race was much more exciting

that said there was some interesting stuff going on, just not really at the front
Old 26 Aug 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3124911)   #72
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

Sorry, i was out by a by a few hundred
Old 26 Aug 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3124932)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This running of the SMP event was a damned sight better than the last time the series held a championship round there.

The primary issue for the crowd was a serious lack of support categories. For all intents and purposes, the most high profile series in the land was racing at a clubbie... just watch the crowds on the fence.. who were there when the V8s were out practicing, qualifying or racing... but were less so when the Prodsports or IP categories were on...

The traffic management inwards and outwards left much to be developed for next time... it was totally lucky that the crowd was relatively small, I dont think they could handle a 10% increase let alone a doubling or tripling...

Meantime, I am sunburnt again (no shade... again... still?)... and disappointed that some of the new earthworks has walled & fenced off the view from the back of the paddock of the racers coming around Corporate Hill... a shame.. it was a great vantage point there once upon a time...
Old 26 Aug 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3124933)   #74
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why would they not have the presentation on the pit straight in front of the majority of spectators in the grandstand instead of the two cats and a dog down in turn 1?
Old 26 Aug 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3124935)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Why would they not have the presentation on the pit straight in front of the majority of spectators in the grandstand instead of the two cats and a dog down in turn 1?
Expediency so they could get it on the teev?

The very ordinary on-track commentary must have mentioned a dozen times how the race would finish at 5.15 and 1 lap.... I wonder if V8SA are looking at this crew with a view to tuning it up? Ms Crehan is woeful, getting her words mumbled, like she is trying to think of what to say next as she is speaking, and getting lost.

There are competent females in the #9 sports department who could do a better job...