Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Feb 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3366298)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink 2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

A couple of posters were wondering if the 2014 thread was current given that it was built virtually straight after the 2013 edition...

... but we're back baby! Bathurst. 2015. GT & other cars. Lets Go!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Feb 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3366304)   #2
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there!!!
I actually now prefer this meeting over the 1000. Can't wait until 2015!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 10 Feb 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3366313)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Booked.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3366318)   #4
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Booked.
Entered.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3366319)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fiat Abarths Back For 2015
Old 10 Feb 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3366320)   #6
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If, if, if the organisers are being pounded with A & B class entries including world class international teams, can the Fiats be guaranteed a spot ? Can't help thinking that the organisers would be quite happy to see off the lower classes.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3366326)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
If, if, if the organisers are being pounded with A & B class entries including world class international teams, can the Fiats be guaranteed a spot ? Can't help thinking that the organisers would be quite happy to see off the lower classes.
The Fiat entry is a works effort... which you might think puts them above the invitational cars in the pecking order...
Old 10 Feb 2014, 07:32 (Ref:3366349)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be putting in for holidays for around those dates tomorrow it would seem now

Quote:
As GTR says, they're a works effort who put a big effort into the race and activated their participation. They also punted around all day not getting in anyone's way really that i could see, and the cars weren't as slow as some had expected.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3366355)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
happy to have the fiats there, however if there is no competition then they are a waste, They just cruised around all day playing follow the leader, heck they even made a tactical move to only race one car, meaning the class did not meet the criteria for a Class.

Put them in Class D in 2015 and it will be a better test for them.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3366361)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
happy to have the fiats there, however if there is no competition then they are a waste, They just cruised around all day playing follow the leader, heck they even made a tactical move to only race one car, meaning the class did not meet the criteria for a Class.

Put them in Class D in 2015 and it will be a better test for them.
And put all the pro drivers into the one car and you will likely see a class D winner....
Old 10 Feb 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3366362)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
And put all the pro drivers into the one car and you will see a class D winner....
which is fine,

it was interesting that the Class D winner was from what was meant to be Class E

the first fiat was only 4 laps off the Class D winner anyway or 2nd in the combined D and F class
Old 10 Feb 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3366366)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
which is fine,

it was interesting that the Class D winner was from what was meant to be Class E

the first fiat was only 4 laps off the Class D winner anyway or 2nd in the combined D and F class
But 7 or so seconds a lap slower than the BMW GT4...
Old 10 Feb 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3366372)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
But 7 or so seconds a lap slower than the BMW GT4...
so be it
Old 10 Feb 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3366418)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Count me in.

Not sure if I'll camp, or make a day trip out of it.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3367235)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Bana + Webber + Porsche = ???
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3367278)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I hope it does come to fruition.

I'm of the impression that Mr Webber would be just as happy to have a go at it, as much as winning it.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3367286)   #17
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
hmm wonder if he would really be driving with Bana though? P.Long and Calvert -Jones looks like will try and bring over a Class A porsche could we see webber driving with them maybe?

http://sportscar365.com/features/vid...2h-race-vblog/
Old 12 Feb 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3367483)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to throw this out there and will probably be shot down for it.... a standing start in 2015?

I know GT3 is a European formula and they have rolling starts over there, but Group A was a European formula with rolling starts and we had standing starts over here for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
hmm wonder if he would really be driving with Bana though? P.Long and Calvert -Jones looks like will try and bring over a Class A porsche could we see webber driving with them maybe?

http://sportscar365.com/features/vid...2h-race-vblog/
Wasn't part of the appeal for Webber racing in this event the fact that he would race in a car with Bana?
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3367496)   #19
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet both will race but in different cars. I think Porsche would want Webber driving something with all the race winning ingredients. Porsche might organise a two car effort so Bana can be in the same team. That would be pretty nice.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3367500)   #20
Reload
Veteran

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I'm going to throw this out there and will probably be shot down for it.... a standing start in 2015?

I know GT3 is a European formula and they have rolling starts over there, but Group A was a European formula with rolling starts and we had standing starts over here for them.

Wasn't part of the appeal for Webber racing in this event the fact that he would race in a car with Bana?
The thought of a stalled car at the front or mid pack in the dark doesn't do much for me.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3367513)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The thought of a stalled car at the front or mid pack in the dark doesn't do much for me.
it wasnt exactly dark at 6.15.

a car stalling is less likely than a kangaroo on the road
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3367514)   #22
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
it wasnt exactly dark at 6.15.

a car stalling is less likely than a kangaroo on the road
So your guaranteeing clear skies for the start of the race next year ?
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3367516)   #23
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Please no.

Nothing wrong with a rolling start in this race (unlike a certain national championship with identical class a cars) and it's a great spectacle.

Standing starts are the norm for Australia but it doesn't mean that's the best way of doing things.…
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3367521)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Le Mans starts!
Old 12 Feb 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3367525)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Please no.

Nothing wrong with a rolling start in this race (unlike a certain national championship with identical class a cars) and it's a great spectacle.

Standing starts are the norm for Australia but it doesn't mean that's the best way of doing things.…
it was very underwhelming

A great spectacle is cars sitting there with revs rising and waiting for the lighst to go.

as opposed to cars coming around a corner into sight for a few seconds and then they drive past like every other lap for the day