Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 May 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3819001)   #201
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton didn't look too happy on the podium. Was he truly feeling sorry for Bottas? He is definitely is feeling the pressure from Ferrari and Bottas. The whole race he was voicing issues with the car. He didn't have it altogether during practise nor qualifying. It was evident in the race that he wasn't on top of things. So yeah, I can read pressure all over his face because he has his work cut out for him.
Old 3 May 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3819002)   #202
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Hamilton didn't look too happy on the podium. Was he truly feeling sorry for Bottas? He is definitely is feeling the pressure from Ferrari and Bottas. The whole race he was voicing issues with the car. He didn't have it altogether during practise nor qualifying. It was evident in the race that he wasn't on top of things. So yeah, I can read pressure all over his face because he has his work cut out for him.
Plus he was well aware he was at best looking at a 3rd place at one stage, and to be brutally frank, fluked the win. He did not win it by any stroke of genius driving as he has done at times. To go six races without a win (I think Austin was his last win?) and then get one the way he did is hardly a 'wow didnt I do good' situation.
Old 3 May 2018, 04:03 (Ref:3819006)   #203
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think he is now coming to the realisation that Bottas has his measure at this point.
Old 3 May 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3819031)   #204
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Hamilton didn't look too happy on the podium. Was he truly feeling sorry for Bottas?
Hamilton said the following after the race.

Quote:

Lewis Hamilton: “Valtteri did such an exceptional job and deserved to have the win, Sebastian did a great job.

“It was very fortunate today. It feels odd to be up here but I’ve got to take it. I didn’t give up, I kept pushing.

“To come out with a win, I feel incredibly grateful. You have to take the ups with the downs. I can’t complain that I won.

“Valtteri was unfortunate. I wouldn’t have got by him at the end. Straight away when I got out the car, I went back to see Valtteri to congratulate him on a great job, which is why I was late to the podium.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...-baku-win.html

What an idiot! Why didn't he just run up to the podium, jump up in the air and put his right index finger up like some others do when they get a "lucky win"?? Silly boy for thinking he was just fortunate to win. A win is a win and should be celebrated just like any other win, right?

Old 21 Apr 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3898919)   #205
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read Bottas is now asking for a quick short term contract prior to the summer break so he can focus on racing. I guess having Ocon in the Merc garage is not a pleasant thing for him.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3898930)   #206
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I read Bottas is now asking for a quick short term contract prior to the summer break so he can focus on racing. I guess having Ocon in the Merc garage is not a pleasant thing for him.
Having Ocon in the garage certainly seems to have put the blow torch to Bottas' butt and got him to perform, if I was Toto I would be quite happy with the present "motivational" set up, but then if I was Toto he would not be in the Mercedes seat after last year!
Old 22 Apr 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3898937)   #207
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Based on when Ocon was doing the gridwalk with Brundle there was the assumption during a couple of conversations that Ocon would be in the Merc seat next year. Ocon even chose Hamilton to win the race which he did lol. Ocon is Hamilton"s number one cheerleader.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 22 Apr 2019, 08:57 (Ref:3898970)   #208
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bottas just needs to beat Lewis more and when he can't, be as close as possible to him
Old 22 Apr 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3899038)   #209
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bottas just needs to beat Lewis more and when he can't, be as close as possible to him
I hope someone has told him this.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3899048)   #210
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Probably not. You need to be on the right internet forums to get insight like this.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3899055)   #211
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Old 23 Apr 2019, 04:26 (Ref:3899094)   #212
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Probably not. You need to be on the right internet forums to get insight like this.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3901337)   #213
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
So there are numerous articles out there saying Mercedes is concerned that they do not want another intra team rivalry similar to what happened with Rosberg.

I personally do not see this as happening. Bottas has too much class to getting into any games. It is evident both drivers have alot of respect for each other on and off the track. I think things will continue to be harmonious.

Old 2 May 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3901339)   #214
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Unless Bottas keeps winning. Hamilton is already starting to make errors.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3901341)   #215
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So there are numerous articles out there saying Mercedes is concerned that they do not want another intra team rivalry similar to what happened with Rosberg.

I personally do not see this as happening. Bottas has too much class to getting into any games. It is evident both drivers have alot of respect for each other on and off the track. I think things will continue to be harmonious.

Everyone said the same about Nico. Nico admitted that to win the title he had to up his game and start playing these sort of mind games. It's one of the reasons he retired - he didn't want to keep going at that level.

If Bottas continues to preform to this level then he's going to get involved with the games whether he likes it or not, because they will come to him. It's part of fighting for the title, especially with your team mate.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3901348)   #216
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Nico wasn’t quite at Lewis level and had to use other means to beat him. But he didn’t have the mental capacity to go on

Bottas will find a way, he has the power to out psyche Lewis, as well as beat him more often
Old 2 May 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3901351)   #217
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
I agree with Akrapovic, for once! And Bottas has categorically stated at the start of the year to be up for it. I'm looking forward to see if he can keep up the challenge.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3901356)   #218
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
I agree with Akrapovic, for once! And Bottas has categorically stated at the start of the year to be up for it. I'm looking forward to see if he can keep up the challenge.
Aww man, let's not make a habit of it.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3901359)   #219
S griffin
Veteran

Well I’m sure there’ll be plenty to debate come the end of season
Old 2 May 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3901362)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we can take that as read, to be honest.
Old 2 May 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3901364)   #221
S griffin
Veteran

Tbh I think next season Bottas will definitely be ready to win the title. This season he is getting back to his best
Old 2 May 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3901365)   #222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think we know what his best is yet, do we?
Old 2 May 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3901368)   #223
S griffin
Veteran

Well he’s matching Hamilton atm, so we’ll see if he can outgun him over a season
Old 2 May 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3901419)   #224
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He needs to win more than one race in a row before title talk can start imo.
Old 3 May 2019, 00:55 (Ref:3901432)   #225
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Everyone said the same about Nico. Nico admitted that to win the title he had to up his game and start playing these sort of mind games. It's one of the reasons he retired - he didn't want to keep going at that level.

If Bottas continues to preform to this level then he's going to get involved with the games whether he likes it or not, because they will come to him. It's part of fighting for the title, especially with your team mate.
Nico goes into a fair bit of detail on the lengths he went to in his Beyond the Grid podcast. It was nuts but it shows the finest of margins in F1 - how losing some muscle on his legs equated to something like 0.03 a lap and he got pole late in the year by 0.02 or similar. I found it really interesting.

No wonder he ran out of steam after it was all done!