Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Apr 2001, 06:50 (Ref:78326)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heheheehehe

Lowndsey- champion.
Johnson- champion.

But what a race...i must admit to biting my finger nails down to the knuckles after that one, great stuff.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 06:53 (Ref:78327)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend phoned me a soon as the race finish and I said that was the greatest V8 Supercar race I have ever seen, 10seconds later Barry Sheen said the same thing.

I need help, was that the best race ever or am I as mad as Barry ?

I'd said it before and I'll say it again - Craig Lowndes is making a mockery out of the established FORD teams.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 06:56 (Ref:78328)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, after being asleep through PI isnt this one a turnaround.

GO YOU FORDS!!!!!!!

That was one of the best races in along time.There was more passing today than there was all of last year.
it was just unfortunate Radisich had to turn his car into a demo derby machine. Excellent move on skaife though.The holden fans will be whinging about that one for years to come.

BTW, did you notice during the interview with Jeff Grech about the pitlane infringement, he was having a go at the valvoline driving standards and bright proceeds to unload seton.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 07:03 (Ref:78330)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But HRT is obviously as guilty as sin with respect to the pit infringment.... If Gresch said "no, Garry Rogers was seeing things, we didn't lose the wheel" fair enough...

Finishing positions: Lowndes, Johnson, Ingall, Skaife, Ellery, Tander, Bright, Bowe, Bargwanna, Canto, Larkham, Faulkner, Longhust, Morris, Kelly, Richards, Perkins, Tratt, McDougall, Meklam, Fogg, Steve Richards, Ritter, Halliday, Mezera, with Jason Richards, Radisich, Holt etc non-finishers.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 12:13 (Ref:78366)   #5
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama
BTW, did you notice during the interview with Jeff Grech about the pitlane infringement, he was having a go at the valvoline driving standards and bright proceeds to unload seton.
I had to laugh at that myself, mtpanorama!! surprise, surprise ... Jeff Grech suffers from foot in mouth AGAIN!!

but am I the only person who thought Brighty was in the wrong? I admit I'm a biased Seton fan, but still ...
Old 7 Apr 2001, 13:16 (Ref:78381)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
today proved how good V8 racing can be and how bad the officiating can be.

what a great race but i think the track has everything to do with it..the adelaide circuit is by far and away the best race track in the world.

top effort by Lowndes and Junior johnson was also impressive...the "Rat" ....what can you say ..the guy is a complete nutter..but definately worth the cost of an ebtry ticket.

well done to the ford boys .

as for jason bright...of course he was in the wrong..he went for the gap that was there and realized he wasnt going to make it and jumped on the brakes and was well sideways before he hit seton..bit of a shame but that was a touchy one on many peoples minds as was Rats punting of Skaife and tanders of Kelly.

had to laugh at Ingall when he said that he was about to give Radisich "a bit of enforcing"

anyway lets hope tomorrows race is just as good and perhaps a little better with punishments in that it is fairly dealt with.

my tip for tomorrow...???
I think Ingall may just get up for a win.
Old 7 Apr 2001, 23:11 (Ref:78488)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I think Brighty's pass may have been the result of complete and utter brain fade, by just judging how knackered some of those blokes were when they got out of their cars..
Old 8 Apr 2001, 08:40 (Ref:78576)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It sucketh big black ones!

Did you see Skaife do the blocking business again. Patience is a vitue Craig. You had the quicker car after all.

Steven Johnson, great weekend's work. Seton back to his consistent self. Ambrose, glad your driving a Ford.

And then a couple of guys were first and second in Holdens!

Oh, well, it was a good afternoons racing. Just not as good as Saturdays.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 13:18 (Ref:78625)   #9
V8crazy
Rookie

V8crazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES, Jason Bright won.