Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2003, 11:39 (Ref:589038)   #1
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parity review!!!

Just did some quick figures, and based on the rules(HRO supporters will find that hard to understand) I think that the AU will get a Parity adjustment after todays race. Can anyone confirm this.
Old 4 May 2003, 12:15 (Ref:589052)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't confirm it, but why should the old car get parity adjustments? Especially considering most of the teams using them at the moment are upgrading soon anyway.
Old 4 May 2003, 22:41 (Ref:589609)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TEGA have already stated there will be NO parity adjustments to the AU
Old 4 May 2003, 23:07 (Ref:589638)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The only teams likely to be running AU's at year end are Thexton, and the second Orrcon car

Even Anthony Tratt has a BA almost finished....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 May 2003, 23:15 (Ref:589643)   #5
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
TEGA have already stated there will be NO parity adjustments to the AU
No, TEGA have stated there would be no parity adjustment as at the end of PL, becuase they did not have lap times for 3 race meeting this year to look at!!! AU drivers wanted them to use the lap times from the AGP, but TEGA does not have access to them!!!

I say give them more speed!! But I'm only saying that becuase I want Glenn & David to get a quicker car, by any means possible!!!!
Old 4 May 2003, 23:22 (Ref:589647)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wont fix them Joe, the teams will waste their test days rebalancing the cars in time to run out of days to test the BA's coming on stream

Speaking to a current AU runner at the weekend, he is in 2 minds whether to test the AU more and try and get away from the back of the midfield or to wait and use the test days on the new BA that is coming. Either way, he is not likely to be happy with the results
Old 4 May 2003, 23:38 (Ref:589652)   #7
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTRmagic, you seem to know what you are talking about, so you might be able to help me understand something.

It is my understanding, that the new rules for parity adjustments are done by maths now & are automatic based on the results from lap times??? Therefore no one as to "ask" or "want" a parity adjustment, for one to happen?? The numbers are calcualted & if they show one make/model is slow, and adjustment is make. No need for votes, or anyone to "ask" or "lobby" for an adjustment. Have I miss understood something with this rule???
Old 5 May 2003, 00:23 (Ref:589664)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You are correct Joe, the assessment is made automatically, but for it to be implemented, it needs to be ratified by the TEGA board.

I doubt TEGA would ratify an adjustment to VX or AU, not with Bargs amongst others still relatively competitive in the AU car.
Old 5 May 2003, 14:00 (Ref:590031)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is their a time limit on Au/Vx and for that sake Vy-Vx I'am sick of hear about the new HRT VY when is not
Old 5 May 2003, 23:13 (Ref:590452)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally believe that there should be a parity review to both the AU and VT-VX.
Lower the rear wing 50mm -on both
Shorten the undertray -on Both
Lower the front bump bar -on both
Pionts allocated at 80% of posted allocation

This will efectively make both cars uncompetitive and remove tham from the equation.Lets face it you have what is trotted out as the greatest tin top racing in the world,planning global expansion,multi million $$$ budgets and the teams can't even front with "current cars"

GRM
for example are to busy to provide a car for Wincup but have all the time in the world to build Monaro's for another rival series,they have in their favor embraced the new engine at least
CPR
-will run the cars when they see fit.Where is the record breaking car building team that produced a VP in a few weeks when the VS got it's undertray trimmed
HRO
enough said,factory backed and owned and unable to screw one single engine together for racing.What a joke,they are fined etc a;most weekly now for rule infringements and half the energy that they spend trying to out smart TEGA was channeled into fronting with current cars they may be at least be looked apon as being pro active in getting their act together.
Team Dynamic
Brand new set up and bang 2 fully current cars 10/10

On the ford ledger nearly all teams are current cars to the best of their ability and (except MLR) have at least one full spec car
Ellery, even this tiny team have got there act together

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 6 May 2003, 01:46 (Ref:590497)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams are just doing what the rules allow. The new cars, especially the VY with the new suspension, where unknown equations at the start of this year. It makes sense to start out with the old car which you know is fairly competitive and then introduce the newer car when you are more familiar with it.

Last edited by racer69; 6 May 2003 at 01:47.
Old 6 May 2003, 04:47 (Ref:590539)   #12
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am aware that it is in the rules but I believe that they should front with the new stuff straight away.Particually if backed by the manufacturer

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 6 May 2003, 08:49 (Ref:590665)   #13
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
The teams are just doing what the rules allow. The new cars, especially the VY with the new suspension, where unknown equations at the start of this year. It makes sense to start out with the old car which you know is fairly competitive and then introduce the newer car when you are more familiar with it.
true, but the BA was also an unknown when compared to the AU even though they use the same suspension
i think its a joke that the so called best teams in the holden side of the championship cant even use the latest gear, the ford teams were basically forced to use the BA as the AU was totaly uncompetitive
Old 6 May 2003, 11:37 (Ref:590831)   #14
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rocket, of course they can do some guesswork and come to terms with the VY. But logically, why bother if they don't have to? They already have years of data and success with VX so why throw themselves in the deep end with a vy and potentially lose a whole season? I think there should have been a changeover date imposed personally, but I can see why teams like CPR take advantage.
Old 7 May 2003, 08:45 (Ref:592063)   #15
rocket
Racer

i agree Rhys but they will have to do it sometime, i just wonder how long they(holden teams) are going to use the excuse of lack of part availability for not bringing the VY on line. it might just bite them on the as* by continuing to use the old model
Old 7 May 2003, 20:07 (Ref:592774)   #16
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the whole HRO organisation is in more trouble then they are letting on. The Holden ownership debacle is catching up. When would HRT ever introduce any part to their cars without doing 100 test laps on it first? The front wheels splitting, what a joke. I don't know what HRTs game is with the new engine but something doesn't add up. All the VX's with the upgraded front ends are really struggling with their rears. Wouldn't you think they would be rushing to get the VY's on the track. GRM isn't fast at the moment but they to only have 1 VY on track. Come round 7 Team Dynamic will be looking good. Team Brock will be still in the hand me downs. Castrol Perkins will be still in their current form. Kmart will still have the hand me downs and HRT might be running the new engine. In the meantime Ford teams will just about all have their BA's on track. Roll on Bathurst. I can't wait to see Lowndes and Prodrive flog the field. How many 100% VY's will be on track by then? Will HRO exist? This season is a mess but as long as Skaife isn't winning I'm happy.
Old 8 May 2003, 05:34 (Ref:593090)   #17
RRR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
RRR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AU certainly needs a performance review, but if the car does get a boost, does this carry over to the Konica Series? Or do they have their own policys?
Old 8 May 2003, 05:44 (Ref:593093)   #18
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AUs are doing very well in the Konica series without any adjustments - why is the AU competitive against VXs in the Konica series but not in the main game ?
Old 8 May 2003, 07:02 (Ref:593110)   #19
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good question Buckshot...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 May 2003, 09:55 (Ref:593266)   #20
Ozenigma
Rookie

Australia
Ozenigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRO are not in the Konica's and that could be your answer, Take away HRO teams last year and the AU was doing pretty good.
Old 8 May 2003, 12:02 (Ref:593391)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Which once again raises the question about why AU ever got/will get parity adjustments?
Old 9 May 2003, 05:41 (Ref:594170)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

But HRO are fielding a car under JFR franchise in Konica, are they not?

Old 9 May 2003, 06:24 (Ref:594183)   #23
rocket
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
But HRO are fielding a car under JFR franchise in Konica, are they not?
2 cars one for Dale Breade & the other for Tony D'Alberto
Old 9 May 2003, 06:34 (Ref:594189)   #24
rocket
Racer

Quote:
HRO are not in the Konica's and that could be your answer, Take away HRO teams last year and the AU was doing pretty good
Quote:
Which once again raises the question about why AU ever got/will get parity adjustments?
there were a few AU that did allright but most strugled, taking these statements into consideration if the AU was such a pig of a car then it doesnt say too much about the rest of the VT-VX's that were out there or maybe it was a case of as the holden supporters used to say "they aren't trying hard enough"
Old 9 May 2003, 09:11 (Ref:594286)   #25
Mattracer
Veteran

The AU is, on paper at least, supposed to be a better car in the engine dept and it has the supposedly more "racing orientated" double A arm suspension...

The leading AU models are from SBR and DJR and the Holdens are not on the same page in Konica- it would be surprising to Holden I'm sure, to see that the "uncompetetive" AU is out in front in quals and races...