Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:39 (Ref:720229)   #1
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FM Radio Essential at all tracks.

Why can't it be essential for all tracks to have an FM band? Oran Park was annoying but Sandown really peeed us off. It was so annoying at Sandown not knowing exactly what was going on. We are there to watch a race guys not watch the cars go round in circles.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:51 (Ref:720238)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An FM radio wouldnt have helped you, Barry Oliver was off with the fairies a lot of the time....

A mini teev is the way to go, only if you bring the magnifying glass to see the text size
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Sep 2003, 02:59 (Ref:720242)   #3
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know Barry is a shocker but he does let some useful info come out. The mini tv only helps whwn the race is live which 3/4 of them aren't. Gotta admit I did forget the TV.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 04:19 (Ref:720270)   #4
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I usually take a radio the various GPs that I've attended, and it's been pretty good, particularly the bikes. What would be nice is if they adopted some of the newer technologies that allows things like Palm handhelds, mobile phones etc. to receive data. Imagine being able to receive data from the Dorian timing system live to your Palm/Mobile..
Old 16 Sep 2003, 04:48 (Ref:720276)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#10 are operating the live coverage at the circuit via shortwave, so you hook into that on UHF not the #10 coverage per se....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:43 (Ref:720460)   #6
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reply by me on Conrod to same thread topic;

I'm lead to believe there isn't a frequency available in the Sandown area for a low power FM transmitter.

I was talking to the Sandown PA guru on Sunday night and suggested he get IMG to put pressure on the ACA for a licence for next year so keep your fingers (& toes) crossed.

Avalon Speedway has the same problem, they want a transmitter but cannot get a legal frequency to use.

Now for some additional 10/10ths info:

The TV broadcast at Bathurst, Sandown, Phillip Island and many other tracks is via a cable network so cant be picked up without splicing into the cable, however, Winton do have a TV transmitter for both the timing and TV feed (UHF29 & 31 I think) so spectators can bring a suitable portable TV and watch the action with the on course PA added to the Ch10 picture. Winton also has an FM transmitter to supliment the PA system (87.6 I think).

They all should be working this weekend for the Procar event.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:50 (Ref:720464)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winton certainly do have a two channel transmitter - and the best part about it is that the frequencies are adjustable, not fixed. When they first installed it they were given 31 and 60 something - but one of the local repeaters (they are usually in the 60-70 range in most country areas) was being interefred with, so they were they reallocated to 28 and 31.

It is on either of these two channels that we used toalso broadcast sound when we remembered (not sure if Race Control always knew what they were saying was going out over the air either - Sorry Bruce (hope you are well soon btw...)
Old 16 Sep 2003, 09:52 (Ref:720469)   #8
Rulekeeper
Racer

Rulekeeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course the other advantage of having ear phones in is that you can't hear the uninformed dribble from the once a year spectator sitting next to you. Seems to happen to me at every Bathurst
Old 16 Sep 2003, 11:46 (Ref:720580)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually a good thing to transmit over the timing screen would be the audio from the AVESCO radio channel that the teams must monitor (usually 489.700MHz).