Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3825715)   #151
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
Not trying to argue or defend Max but of these 7 collisions/crashes how many were his fault? Baku 2018 was both (according to FIA), Sing, Austria and Spain 2017 he was innocent party on first laps.
I totally agree that he was an innocent party in some of his skirmishes, indeed the three mentioned by you ..... it probably is not very clear but I was more thinking that he has not had that many direct engine failures in races, at least not at Red Bull. He had more with STR. That is not to say he has not had a bad run with reliability last year.
Am I right in thinking Red Bull provide their own gearbox, or do they take the whole power train from Renault?
Old 30 May 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3825730)   #152
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I totally agree that he was an innocent party in some of his skirmishes, indeed the three mentioned by you ..... it probably is not very clear but I was more thinking that he has not had that many direct engine failures in races, at least not at Red Bull. He had more with STR. That is not to say he has not had a bad run with reliability last year.
Am I right in thinking Red Bull provide their own gearbox, or do they take the whole power train from Renault?
I believe Red Bull makes their gearbox in-house. And they "might" even provide some internals for Toro Rosso, but could be wrong on that.

Richard
Old 30 May 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3825765)   #153
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Those were only race-ending collisions too - how many practice or qualifying incidents has Max had in his career that has negatively impacted his race the next day? ie, Monaco last weekend.
Old 31 May 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3825791)   #154
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In terms of DNF's he has had 17 DNFs in his career, (6 with STR, 11 with RBR) summarised as follows:
Biggest individual reason is crashes/collisions with 7.

No Event /year. Lap. Reason given
172018Azerbaijan39Collision
162018Bahrain3Differential
152017Singapore0Collision
142017Belgium7Power loss
132017Austria0Collision
122017Azerbaijan12Engine
112017Canada10Electrics
102017Spain1Collision
92017Bahrain11Brakes
82016USA28Gearbox
72016Monaco34Accident
62016Russia33Engine (STR)
52015Britain3Accident (STR)
42015Monaco62Collision (STR)
32015Bahrain34Electrics (STR)
22015China52Engine (STR)
12015Australia32Engine (STR)

Wasn’t Bahrain this year also a result of collision (with Lewis) that broke the diff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 May 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3825800)   #155
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterelise View Post
Wasn’t Bahrain this year also a result of collision (with Lewis) that broke the diff?
I believe so.... I took the reasons as the official reasons given in the results. Often the reasons will be the result of other incidents, ie punctures, suspension failures some laps later, and as in this case the diff failed (likely) as a result of the contact.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3827544)   #156
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Maxy boy not happy this weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...t-1044991/?s=1

Threatening to headbutt the next person who asks about his crashes. Even his head wants to make contact with things!
Old 8 Jun 2018, 00:33 (Ref:3827548)   #157
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Well at least he’s using his head.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3827549)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He needs to have a weekend where he doesn’t make a major mistake
Old 8 Jun 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3827566)   #159
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He clearly was not happy with the question...

https://youtu.be/PcDtCqvNIQU

Richard
Old 8 Jun 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3827579)   #160
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post

Threatening to headbutt the next person who asks about his crashes. Even his head wants to make contact with things!
On current form, he would probably miss.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3827596)   #161
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
With Ricciardo facing multiple penalties in the coming races, looks like Max's season is about to turn around.

Looking at the RBR used PU components before the Spanish GP, seems DR is well and truly out of this battle against MV for 2018.

Old 8 Jun 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3827602)   #162
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post

Just the sort of media-savvy comments that Dr Marko would want to hear from a driver on Red Bull's payroll.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3827610)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Newey is trying to find a way to avoid a grid drop for Danny
Old 8 Jun 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3827638)   #164
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yeah, sounds like they might bolt a used engine (MGU-H or whatever it is called) instead of taking a drop.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3827791)   #165
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With each passing race,Max is resembling more strongly the current period's version of Andrea de Cesaris.No question of his talent,which is usually described in a statement that contains the word "but" to highlight results that don't match the raw ability.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3827799)   #166
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liberty most probably paid him to say it so F1 fans would have something to talk about on the net. Nothing sells sport more than a good punch up or someone saying stuff like this. Personally I am a bit sorry he didn't get stuck in to the media properly as they ask the same dumb inane questions every race.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3828044)   #167
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this a new thing, or did CVC do it before? Do Liberty script all the driver comments?
Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3828166)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

To be honest I think a lot of us would be annoyed to be constantly asked the same question
Old 11 Jun 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3828449)   #169
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
To be honest I think a lot of us would be annoyed to be constantly asked the same question
Is this a new thing, or did CVC do it before? Do Liberty script all the driver comments?

(with apologies to Adam43)
Old 11 Jun 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3828520)   #170
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 12 Jun 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3828580)   #171
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I just (think I) heard on the radio news that for the Canadian GP Verstappen was on his own, he didn't have his Dad, Mum & Sister travel with him like he usually does. Would the different approach be connected with this?
Old 12 Jun 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3828585)   #172
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I just (think I) heard on the radio news that for the Canadian GP Verstappen was on his own, he didn't have his Dad, Mum & Sister travel with him like he usually does. Would the different approach be connected with this?
Andrew Benson covers it a bit here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44444706
Old 12 Jun 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3828609)   #173
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is something I cannot understand with many sports people: any regular Joe that starts working does so without their family around them. It is part of growing up. Heck, even in school you are not with your family. But the sports people often cannot do one step without everyone being there.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3828623)   #174
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Blame Jos. He is just waaaay over controlling of Max. Jos puts things in Max's head that Max can do without. I have heard of people saying how overbearing Jos can be towards Max, and when he says jump Max says how high. Another Andre Agassi story I fear. Made to order racer to fulfil Jos's dream.

Old 28 Jul 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3839252)   #175
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Ricciardo using an older spec engine in Hungary, while Verstappen has the latest spec Renault PU.

Ricciardo taking some big hits lately. Wonder how long before lights out!?