Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3829689)   #2926
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why would that be easier? It's obviously possible for sure, but surely the easiest and simplest option is to just not turn the system on or off, and allow the drivers to manage when they can and cannot use it?

WEC drivers manage multiple speed limiters due to slow zones. You wouldn't use the hybrid boosts during yellow. Lots of series have drivers manage systems without race control having to manage it for them. Why does race control have to control it? These are the best drivers in the world (apparently), so let them do it themselves and if they break the rules then slap them.

If Tracy Krohn can manage to not speed during slow zones in WEC, I'm pretty sure even Grosjean can manage not to press the DRS button at the wrong time. Although Ericson might press Grosjeans button for him when he isn't watching.
If it's that straightforward, then keep it on.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3833721)   #2927
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
F1 teams wanted more testing, so they got more testing in 2018.

Now F1 teams are asking for less testing!??

For 2019, it looks like there will be one 5 day pre-season test, and a 4 day in-season test.

Old 30 Jun 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3833749)   #2928
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Charlie Whiting and the F1 stewards are considering opening up a very big can of worms!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...dents-1053613/

I'm not too sure if this is the right move. There's just too many worms in that can.

Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3833869)   #2929
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Are Charlie and Co trying to push the agenda mentioned in that article above by the penalty they handed out to Vettel last week, and then the penalty yesterday? One penalty was just too lenient, and this week it was a bit too harsh.

FiA want to look at the consequence of the actions of the offending driver, and hand out penalties to suit the consequence. Time to fit the crime so to speak.

Old 1 Jul 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3833896)   #2930
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Usually mistakes cost drivers enough, as it did for Vettel last weekend
Old 1 Jul 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3833906)   #2931
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Usually mistakes cost drivers enough, as it did for Vettel last weekend
I disagreed then and I still disagree now.
Old 2 Jul 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3834291)   #2932
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Charlie Whiting and the F1 stewards are considering opening up a very big can of worms!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...dents-1053613/

I'm not too sure if this is the right move. There's just too many worms in that can.

Why is it always after Lewis complains?
Old 2 Jul 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3834299)   #2933
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
What happened to Max's 5 sec penalty for casually nerfing Kimi out the way?
Old 2 Jul 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3834323)   #2934
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just normal wheel to wheel contact there
Old 2 Jul 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3834359)   #2935
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What happened to Max's 5 sec penalty for casually nerfing Kimi out the way?
Kimi rightly didn't make a fuss about it cause he squeezed Max on the grass after turn 2 that very same lap. He tried playing hard on Max and got an appropriate rezponse. He knows the drill.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3835121)   #2936
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good piece in AMS (German):

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...t-vor-porsche/

Hope FIA and Liberty hold strong or else it will only get worse and the whole show will be run by the manufacturers even more.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3835131)   #2937
S griffin
Veteran

Apparently they are now thinking of awarding points down to 20th! So basically awarding points for turning up
Old 7 Jul 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3835151)   #2938
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Good piece in AMS (German):

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...t-vor-porsche/

Hope FIA and Liberty hold strong or else it will only get worse and the whole show will be run by the manufacturers even more.
I don't get this attitude. People complain about manufacturers having a hold on the sport only to advocate... bringing in more manufacturers. In hope of what exactly? Porsche caring about what the 'fans' want?

And to suggest anyone is afraid of Porsche is ludicrous, as if VAG can afford any kind of racing programme above spec racing and PR-one offs these days
Old 7 Jul 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3835165)   #2939
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I don't get this attitude. People complain about manufacturers having a hold on the sport only to advocate... bringing in more manufacturers. In hope of what exactly? Porsche caring about what the 'fans' want?

Currently the manufacturers power is an issue, because how F1's governance structure and powertrain regulations are set up. In the current situation the small teams are screwed. If that is fixed more manufacturers are of course welcome, but sign at the dots and no whining.

The problem is also that independent engine suppliers would have no chance are small/new teams would be too technically dependent on the manufacturers.
Old 7 Jul 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3835180)   #2940
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Currently the manufacturers power is an issue, because how F1's governance structure and powertrain regulations are set up. In the current situation the small teams are screwed.
And this whole kerfuffle addresses that how?
Old 7 Jul 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3835185)   #2941
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
And this whole kerfuffle addresses that how?
Because the hope is Liberty Media and the FIA make the rules instead of MB having tested the concept to perfection prior to introducing rules the FIA and FOM accepted in full without their own input. But try to actually discuss with people and learn instead of being the childish you're always wrong guy and you could pick up what others are discussing
Old 8 Jul 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3835350)   #2942
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Latest news regarding the new engine rules for 2021 suggests Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault do not want the MGU-H component removed from the rules!

The MGU-H was destined to be scrapped for 2021, but the above mentioned 3 manufacturers now want it to stay. Honda the only one who have voted not to have MGU-H.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3835352)   #2943
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Apparently they are now thinking of awarding points down to 20th! So basically awarding points for turning up
Not entirely correct. F1 considering a new points system for 2021 with the following point system; 25-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, 1st to 15th respectively.

Points for pole and fastest lap are also on the agenda.

I like this. Bring it on.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3835357)   #2944
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not entirely correct. F1 considering a new points system for 2021 with the following point system; 25-20-18-16-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, 1st to 15th respectively.

Points for pole and fastest lap are also on the agenda.
They also discussed a point for every finisher so S Griffin was correct as none of these changes are actually rules at the moment so it's all under consideration.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3835378)   #2945
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not entirely correct.
It is entirely correct.

“They’re considering whether the points system should go all the way down to 20, 20 being every car scores a point if they finish the race. Or whether 10 [cars scoring points] should be extended down to 15.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/900610...strategy-group
Old 8 Jul 2018, 10:12 (Ref:3835386)   #2946
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It is entirely correct.

“They’re considering whether the points system should go all the way down to 20, 20 being every car scores a point if they finish the race. Or whether 10 [cars scoring points] should be extended down to 15.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/900610...strategy-group
Ahh.. so who was it that said that?? That's right, the ever truthful, honourable and ethical Dr V. Mallya. I wonder if he's comment regarding points for all drivers is just his way of trying to squeeze more money out from FOM for his own selfish agenda?

Dr Truthful: “Of course, my comment also was that considering we have to pay [entry fee] for every point we score to the FIA, that will have to be looked at in parallel!”

Enough said.

Take note of the second line of that statement and let's see what happens in a few years shall we? Have a nice day.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3835389)   #2947
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because the hope is Liberty Media and the FIA make the rules instead
Obviously, but once again I will ask how that solves anything? You did not answer my question but rather chose to answer a totally different question I did not even ask as an excuse to make a personal attack. Classy.
Anyway, the question stands. More manufacturers are wanted but at the same time their influence is also supposed to be diminished. It seems to me some people are completely missing the very strong relationship between manufacturers being in the sport and having influence in said sport.

If what you describe as 'the hope' happens, how many manufacturers will be left do you think?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3835390)   #2948
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ahh.. so who was it that said that?? That's right, the ever truthful, honourable and ethical Dr V. Mallya. I wonder if he's comment regarding points for all drivers is just his way of trying to squeeze more money out from FOM for his own selfish agenda?
I'm so glad we have you here to correct the people who were actually at the meeting.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3835397)   #2949
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ahh.. so who was it that said that?? That's right, the ever truthful, honourable and ethical Dr V. Mallya.
So when a number of news sources run with articles about the possibility of points down to 20 - we are supposed to ignore them because of your opinion of the reliability of the source?

I'm not sure we can trust you for consistency though?

Quote:
Not sure who Sportowe-Fake-ty's experts are, but clearly it's fake news.
Quote:
Does this mean we have to wait a few weeks and you might portray Mallya as reliable?
Or are we supposed to wait until there is a weight of reporting that makes this credible?

Or can we just accept that the possibility of points down to 20th was discussed, and we can contribute productively to this forum on that basis?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3835847)   #2950
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Latest news regarding the new engine rules for 2021 suggests Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault do not want the MGU-H component removed from the rules!
Story here...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/e...sence-1058040/

What a mess this is turning into!?