Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3931186)   #1
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC 2019 - Brands Hatch GP - FINALE

Might be a bit early but wanted to have a look at the championship standings and didn't seem right in the Silverstone thread.

Last year's winners -
Q1 - Brett Smith / Honda FK2
R1 - Dan Cammish / Honda FK8
R2 - Dan Cammish / Honda FK8
R3 - Ash Sutton / Subaru (just!)

Championship standings:
297 - Turkington
281 - Cammish
280 - Jordan
263 - Cook
236 - Ingram

So pretty much a three way battle. Would be a 4th title for Colin, 2nd for Andrew and 1st for Cammish in only his second year in the BTCC.

Predictions?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3931187)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Manufacturer's standings:
730 - BMW
694 - Honda
552 - Vauxhall
506 - Subaru
341 - Toyota

Team's standings:
475 - Dynamics
453 - WSR
388 - BTC
379 - Cobra Sport AmD

Indy drivers:
373 - Cook
351 - Butcher
289 - Chilton

Indy teams:
435 - Cobra Sport AmD
431 - BTC
376 - Motorbase

JST:
460 - Butcher
449 - Oliphant
293 - Thompson

Forever Foward:
97 - Morgan
94 - Jelley
92 - Moffat
88 - Neal
83 - Chilton

Last edited by Evantra; 30 Sep 2019 at 21:54.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3931189)   #3
Evantra
Veteran

England
Clio Cup:
330 - Young
315 - Coates
284 - Bond

F4:
367 - Maloney
367 - Alvarez
337 - Foster
307.5 - Skelton

Ginetta Supercup:
455 - Burns
427 - King
405 - Hibbert

Ginetta Juniors:
559 - Hedley
503 - O'Sullivan
395 - Martin

Carrera Cup has already been won by Dan Harper.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3931191)   #4
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My predictions are usually pants. But I think the BMW will go well, so Colin for the championship.

Cookie I think for the Indy. Team wise it's close between BTC and AmD. I reckon Cookie and Rory will both go well, so it'll be down to Smiler and Bushy as to which team comes out on top. It's going to be close!

I reckon on Rory for the Jack Sears.

Forever Forward I won't even try...

I think Mr Plato might be in for a knuckle rap after his bump with Morgan, is he in the last chance saloon before a race ban? If so I can see him tearing up the field from the back in the second race.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3931193)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Turks will struggle to qualify in the top 10. I think Neal or Cammish for pole, the Honda(s) go really well at Brands.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3931197)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think Cook is necessarily out of it, however it will take more than a bit of luck to do it
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3931245)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Depending on the weather, I may make the trip down for qualifying, take a few snappy snaps, give the camera a run out.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3931246)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Cookie I think for the Indy. Team wise it's close between BTC and AmD. I reckon Cookie and Rory will both go well, so it'll be down to Smiler and Bushy as to which team comes out on top. It's going to be close!
If Cook and Butcher go well in all three, then Smiley and Bushell's results are irrelevant.

If Butcher is going to overhaul Cook for the Drivers', then that will sew up the Teams' at the same time.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3931247)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
If one of the BMWs doesn't win the championship then it's a bit of a farce really isn't it? The BMW is clearly the best car, WSR have done a fantastic job and they've been knobbled to keep things tight (I know that's how it works in the BTCC but it still doesn't sit right when the car is the clear class of the field).

The Hondas usually go well at Brands so it's likely to go down to the last race isn't it? Hoping for a dry weekend so it's not decided by the weather.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3931249)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t think Cook is necessarily out of it, however it will take more than a bit of luck to do it
I appreciate that is it mathematically possible, but given that it would be impossible for him to overhaul the 3rd place driver before Race 2, do you really think Cook has a chance of getting ahead of all three by the end of the weekend?

If Cook wins all three races, with Pole and Fastest Laps along the way, then he will pick up an extra 67 points putting him on 330 points.

The only chance Cook has of taking the title (realistically) is for Cammish, Jordan and Turkington to come together taking all three out for the weekend.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3931258)   #11
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If one of the BMWs doesn't win the championship then it's a bit of a farce really isn't it? The BMW is clearly the best car, WSR have done a fantastic job and they've been knobbled to keep things tight (I know that's how it works in the BTCC but it still doesn't sit right when the car is the clear class of the field).
I feel exactly the same about it, sudden loss of pace from BMWs seems a bit mysterious (ofc we all know how it works) but for me BMW is a class act this season and it'd be painful to see them losing it after leading the whole season. But that's how it works, I'm afraid it'll be difficult for AJ and Colin to qualify ahead of Cammish.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3931259)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

I could rant for hours on this.

I think if a change had to be made at all, it should be done before the season starts. Changing stuff midway through the season gives teams little time to react and test solutions to the new baseline.

None of the RWD cars have dominated any of the races since the changes before Snetterton. I really think it was just a knee jerk reaction to further hobble the RWD runners and now the other teams have seemingly caught up, those changes now seem even more ill-judged.

The further point is that we have no idea on what basis the performance balance is done in the first place. Do BMW have 380bhp and Honda have 375bhp? Aren’t all engines meant to be equal? If so why do teams get docked boost if they overperform? Too many questions…
Old 1 Oct 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3931267)   #13
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
I think AJ is gonna play dirty if I'm honest. He sees it as he doesn't have anything to lose as it could be his last btcc race and is more than likely his last race for bmw so wont care about pleasing them anymore. As we saw in race 3 at silverstone he is more than happy to run Turkington off the track and not bat an eyelid.

With this in mind I honestly think Cammish is in prime position for this years title.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3931274)   #14
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ve got actual money on AJ so I think it’s unlikely he’ll win as I never win anything.

I think it’ll be Turkington and I think if he does win, he won’t return next year.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3931275)   #15
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I think AJ is gonna play dirty if I'm honest. He sees it as he doesn't have anything to lose as it could be his last btcc race and is more than likely his last race for bmw so wont care about pleasing them anymore. As we saw in race 3 at silverstone he is more than happy to run Turkington off the track and not bat an eyelid.

With this in mind I honestly think Cammish is in prime position for this years title.
If AJ is ahead of CT but only just in round 3 and the title comes down to that last race, I think you’ll see a DNF from both of them ‘accidentally’
Old 1 Oct 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3931276)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
If AJ is ahead of CT but only just in round 3 and the title comes down to that last race, I think you’ll see a DNF from both of them ‘accidentally’
Unless Cammish is within 20pts.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3931277)   #17
Evantra
Veteran

England
Should be interesting, it's the first time in a couple years we've had more than 2 drivers to focus on!
Old 1 Oct 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3931309)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cammish has really established himself as the lead driver in the team. He's really come on leaps and bounds this season and he has been rewarded by a shot at the title. Whatever happens he can hold his head up proud for the effort he has put in
Old 1 Oct 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3931315)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i will be there Saturday and Sunday, so much better than watching it on itv4.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3931342)   #20
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I’ve got actual money on AJ so I think it’s unlikely he’ll win as I never win anything.

I think it’ll be Turkington and I think if he does win, he won’t return next year.
To be honest, I think Colin is quite safe until WSR is supported by BMW. Probably the team's not fully funded by BMW (or BMW UK) but they must give some ££ to the team. So as Turks is de facto a team leader, I think he's quite certain to retain his seat.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3931345)   #21
Robin Marriott
Veteran

I mean I think he’ll call it a day, not the team. One more title and he equals Rouse’s record, I’m just not sure he’ll go for another.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3931348)   #22
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
To be honest, I think Colin is quite safe until WSR is supported by BMW. Probably the team's not fully funded by BMW (or BMW UK) but they must give some ££ to the team. So as Turks is de facto a team leader, I think he's quite certain to retain his seat.
And he hasn't moved to the mainland to retire.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3931351)   #23
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I mean I think he’ll call it a day, not the team. One more title and he equals Rouse’s record, I’m just not sure he’ll go for another.
why not ?

wouldn't he want 5 titles to be greatest BTCC driver of all time ?

people forget he is the indy champion of 2007-2008 so he sort of already has 5 titles

Last edited by porsche962fan; 1 Oct 2019 at 19:27.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3931355)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
wouldn't he want 5 titles to be greatest BTCC driver of all time ?

people forget he is the indy champion of 2007-2008 so he sort of already has 5 titles
If Indy titles count towards being the greatest of all time, then I think Matt Neal might have something to say about that distinction.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3931369)   #25
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If Indy titles count towards being the greatest of all time, then I think Matt Neal might have something to say about that distinction.
Is that Matt Neal, BTCC Independent Champion 1991-2005?