Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Oct 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3323767)   #26
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations Vettel & all at Red Bull (and thanks for the donuts & post race shenanigans!). It's not been a great season, it rarely is when someone dominates but Vettel is a class act (think he proved that by winning in a Torro Rosso) and Red Bull clearly have the best all-round car. But we have a load of rule changes next year, so hopefully things will return to a more even playing field.

I do wonder about people's comments regarding Webber's car though. Why on earth would Red Bull deliberately field a car they didn't think would go the distance? Any failure looks bad to sponsors, whether it's the lead car or not. I know someone who works for Red Bull & he can honestly state that the cars are identical. Maybe Webber's less sympathetic with the car? Or really is the unluckiest driver in F1?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3323774)   #27
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did he have an orgasm in the cockpit again????

Yawn. Maybe next year will be interesting.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Oct 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3323818)   #28
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to IVettel

Fourth in row, impressive achievement, and impressive team effort giving him a winning car once again. They really are a deadly force.

Oh, almost forgot the finger....

Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3323834)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Seems to me that no matter what he does, [I]some people[/] won't be happy. Had he drove off into the distance people would be moaning that its boring, but today he pitted first, went nearly to the back of the grid and worked his way forwards, yet, people still think it's boring.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3323836)   #30
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to Sebastien and the whole Red Bull Racing team .

(Sebastian?)
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3323862)   #31
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, it's finally over?
Wonderful!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3323871)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ha ha. loving all the cry babies whos favourite driver/team didnt win

keep up the tanties guys

Well done Sebastian and Red Bull on sticking it to the old school.... Again
Old 27 Oct 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3323884)   #33
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I suppose one has to congratulate Vettel, he did a great job in a great car.
To me though, as a driver, he's proved only that he's far better than Mark Webber, and that he has the work ethic of Schumacher. The championship would have been settled far earlier if it wasn't for gimmicky tyres that Pirelli were requested to make. The congratulations though, must go to Red Bull. They have dominated F1 for 4 years, not only with the cars, but with team work. They won at times when McLaren or Lotus, for example, should have won, purely because the team do things so much better than other teams. Thankfully we've seen some sterling stuff from Alonso, but I suspect even he gave up mentally earlier this year.

As my interest in motorcycle racing increases, so does my interest and appreciation of F1 decline. Maybe the changes next year will regenerate some interest in F1 for me, I don't know. My motorsport interests definitely sway away from aero dominated cars and tactics.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3323902)   #34
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
migliacars has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
a great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
'haters gonna hate'

I'm not a fan of his, but i don't think you can dispute that he is something special.

Congratulations.

I am going to second this.
He s one of the all time greats, I wounder if he will equal shumacher.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3323910)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Ha ha. loving all the cry babies whos favourite driver/team didnt win

keep up the tanties guys

Well done Sebastian and Red Bull on sticking it to the old school.... Again
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3323921)   #36
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I really like the guy.

He has time to talk to the media, like his banter and I really enjoyed his humility when being interviewed on the podium by DC and afterwards via the Red Button.

I really want to see him beat Schumacher's record.

Oh yes and sensible guy, he doesn't bother with Facebook, Twitter etc but just gets on with the job in hand such as visiting the Pirelli factory and spending a lot of time with the team.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3323946)   #37
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
Well, I suppose one has to congratulate Vettel, he did a great job in a great car.
To me though, as a driver, he's proved only that he's far better than Mark Webber, and that he has the work ethic of Schumacher. The championship would have been settled far earlier if it wasn't for gimmicky tyres that Pirelli were requested to make. The congratulations though, must go to Red Bull. They have dominated F1 for 4 years, not only with the cars, but with team work. They won at times when McLaren or Lotus, for example, should have won, purely because the team do things so much better than other teams. Thankfully we've seen some sterling stuff from Alonso, but I suspect even he gave up mentally earlier this year.

As my interest in motorcycle racing increases, so does my interest and appreciation of F1 decline. Maybe the changes next year will regenerate some interest in F1 for me, I don't know. My motorsport interests definitely sway away from aero dominated cars and tactics.
Motorcycle racing? You can't mean Moto Gp then, where there's only 3 drivers in the race at every round :P
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3323950)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Congratulations Sebastian, along with your team you did a fantastic job...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3323953)   #39
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Well I really like the guy.

He has time to talk to the media, like his banter and I really enjoyed his humility when being interviewed on the podium by DC and afterwards via the Red Button.

I really want to see him beat Schumacher's record.

Oh yes and sensible guy, he doesn't bother with Facebook, Twitter etc but just gets on with the job in hand such as visiting the Pirelli factory and spending a lot of time with the team.
I'll second this.

To me it is a pleasure to watch him at work.

One of the MotoGP commentators; Julian Rider I think; said of Casey Stoner, "I'd happily pay the entrance fee just to watch him ride around on his own!"

I feel this way about Stoner and Vettel!
I feel privileged to have seen both of them!

This is what happens when you get people buying their way into top line sport, as soon as the real deal arrives, the bull dust stops and everything else looks ordinary!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3323973)   #40
FIA Stewards
Rookie

Canada
FIA Stewards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel has won again. Haven't seen that in a while
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3324021)   #41
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It hasn't been the thrilling wheel-to-wheel racing for the lead we'd like to see as fans, but this is a wholly deserved championship. The combination of driver/car/designer/team is truly potent right now, and that happens not from accident but from talent and commitment. It's a job well done, a dominant performance since the summer break, and worthy of respect even if I'd like to turn on a race again when having no idea who might win!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3324108)   #42
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst I can't say I like Seb I don't actually dislike him.
He really got me onside with his victory celebration though. It was fantastic to see some genuine emotion and the appreciation of the grandstand made it better.

Giving him a reprimand and fining the team is just one more nail in F1s coffin I am afraid.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3324234)   #43
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post

I think he could actually do himself some good if had went on Twitter and people got to know the "real" Sebastian. Fernando's popularity seem's to have increased since he started to share with us his Japanese Samuri quotes.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3324258)   #44
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't get it, really.
Schumacher dominates for 5 seasons and it's considered "The Great Snooze", yet Vettel does the very same and it's considered the best thing since sliced bread!

So far the only likeable thing I've noticed about Vettel is his love for Monty Python...
Old 28 Oct 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3324298)   #45
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 isn't the gladitorial, high octane, elbows out arena it was 20 to 30 years ago.

Vettel is the perfect driver, in the perfect car dominating what now passes for Formula One. Congratulations to him and Red Bull, it's not their fault F1 is now a poor, over policed, sterile imitation of what it once was.

PS:
Even Hamilton doesn't bother "racing" anymore - he's had that instinct knocked out of him!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3324304)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post

So far the only likeable thing I've noticed about Vettel is his love for Monty Python...
Well, clearly the kid ain't so bad after all then!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3324319)   #47
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed it beforehand, before this season. And I'm not happy that my prevision was correct.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3324359)   #48
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm nowhere near being Vettel's fan, but this year actually made me truly respect him as a driver, and I honestly think he is one of the all time greats.
Multi 21 really seemed awfull at the time, but all of those fastest laps in closing stages of races made me respect that too. The guy is everything a racer should have. All of those messages from the team about possible car issues - I just loved to see him set fastest laps right after them. i guess Horner offered serious bonuses for a message that would actually work on him.
And this last race - "don't even think about it"...
I actually got to like him for that.
BTW, did he make any mistakes this year at all? Whatever strategy was he played it perfectly, and had left enough reserve for relaxed fastest lap. I don't remember slightest glitch this year.
I just hope he never goes to Ferrari.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3324384)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think eventually you are left to think yourself how you rate the bloke

I believe he is at least as good as his rivals, if not better.

but people will always have a question mark, and quite rightly about his ability in something other than a RB.

I think guys like Villeneuve and Damon proved that being in the right car helps. As when they were in not so good cars they hardly set the world alight. But this might have been because they has achieved their goal and had to move on.

In this modern era, Seb is simply able to drive a car in way and at a rate that if it is set up right he will win, no one will beat him, in any other car. It is so similar to Michael post Hakkinen its unbelieveable. Team mates will come and go, he will annhialate them all.

Do we all think less of Rubens or Eddie for staying? I don't. They both knew that most days they were beat, and Rubens was simply too nice at times to argue and sort it out, when at times he was quicker.

I certainly wont rate Webber down or as a slow man, and I will certainly be looking forward to reading all about the shenanigans in the book, as their will surely be one!

But in this case the guy has been unbeatable. The car is the best, the driver is at least as good as the best, and the rules were handily changed to suit their car.

It's a shame it is easy to look at Newey, tyres, but until that changes some uf us will, sorry to say it.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3324478)   #50
wnut
Veteran

And again:

RBR had never won a GP until Vettel won for them!

In 2008 Vettel driving for STR scored more points than both the RBR drivers put together!

RBR is Vettel's team, he joined them when they had achieved nothing, and could be said to have built the team Schumacher style as a virtual rookie!

As I posted once before, Jim Clark only drove for Lotus, do you dispute his greatness?