Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Dec 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3597291)   #1
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2016 Rolex 24 Entry List

This thing is really starting to look good. This is the first IMSA race I have been excited about in quite some time. There is going to be a ton of new equipment in Daytona Beach in a few short weeks.

P
0 DeltaWing Racing Cars DeltaWing DWC13
1 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 HPD
5 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Corvette DP
31 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
60 Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2 HPD
70 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
90 VisitFlorida.com Racing Coyote Corvette DP
01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*
02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*
07 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
X SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan

PC
7 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09*
8 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
38 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Oreca FLM09
54 CORE Autosport Oreca FLM09
85 JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca FLM09
X BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
X BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09*

GTLM
3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
24 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
25 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
51 SMP/AF Corse Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE*
66 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
67 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
911 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
912 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
X Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 Italia GTE*

GTD
6 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
9 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
16 Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
23 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
28 Konrad Motorsport Lamborghini Huracán GT3
33 Riley Motorsports/Viper Exchange Dodge Viper GT3-R
44 Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
56 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
69 O'Gara Motorsport Lamborghini Huracán GT3
73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
80 Lone Star Racing Dodge Viper GT3-R*
96 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
97 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
98 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
007 TRG AMR Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
009 TRG AMR Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
X Autometrics Motorsports Porsche 997 GT3 R
X SMP/AF Corse Ferrari 458 GT3
+1/2 Porsche 911 GT3 R*

* = Rumored

P: 10-12
PC: 6-8
GTLM: 9-11
GTD: 20-23
Totals: 45-54

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 12 Dec 2015 at 14:15.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3597314)   #2
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really excited about the gt3 cars..
Old 12 Dec 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3597316)   #3
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to the competition debut of the new and heavily revised 2016-spec GTE cars.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3597318)   #4
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESM will likely not have an HPD lump in the car. Expect Nissan.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 12 Dec 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3597330)   #5
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
ESM will likely not have an HPD lump in the car. Expect Nissan.
I hope there is just 1 Ganassi DP car. Not 2. Also there has been nothing on the Krohn Ligier. I guess we'll know that one when the Roar entry list comes out.

Look forward to see how much faster GTLM qualifies at and how close to the prototype cars then can be.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3597347)   #6
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Hmm, why is the Risi Ferrari listed as a rumored entry? I haven't been keeping up on the news from that team.

I thought they were running the full schedule this season, in any case I sure hope they do!
Old 12 Dec 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3597361)   #7
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Hmm, why is the Risi Ferrari listed as a rumored entry? I haven't been keeping up on the news from that team.

I thought they were running the full schedule this season, in any case I sure hope they do!
The team has yet to confirm their plans for the season though Pruett put out this article a few weeks ago: http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12400...ri-488-arrival

I listed everything that was not confirmed at this point in time as rumored.

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 12 Dec 2015 at 21:44.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3597374)   #8
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Flying Lizard still a possibility for GTD with Audi in IMSA or have they confirmed that they're limiting 2016 efforts to PwC?
Old 13 Dec 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3597510)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the P2 win chances. Do they seem any higher than before, especially with - unless Krohn enters - potentially even less cars now than before (5 vs 6 of 2014/15). Alright, BoP is moderately better than it was in the first year + there are somewhat lesser DPs I guess, and last year ESM was ice skating with the HPD Coupe, but still.

- The two Lolas are worthless
- ESM is extremely (:P) rusty and error prone, with whatever chassis
- Shank is alright but proam drivers kill real chances
- Krohn has Tracy and is no winning material in any capacity, if even enters
- SMP/AFC is solid, but chassis still ??? they have no politics power either

I guess with the constant million wave bys SMP could get quite high in order
Old 13 Dec 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3597513)   #10
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
There's a missing P2 car on the P list. :-)

-mike
Old 13 Dec 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3597524)   #11
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
There's a missing P2 car on the P list. :-)

-mike
Is this a P2 car that you will be involved with Mike?
Old 13 Dec 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3597526)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please tell me there's Porsche RS Spyder under special dispensation hiding behind the curtains... ;P
Old 13 Dec 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3597527)   #13
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So the P2 win chances. Do they seem any higher than before, especially with - unless Krohn enters - potentially even less cars now than before (5 vs 6 of 2014/15). Alright, BoP is moderately better than it was in the first year + there are somewhat lesser DPs I guess, and last year ESM was ice skating with the HPD Coupe, but still.

- The two Lolas are worthless
- ESM is extremely (:P) rusty and error prone, with whatever chassis
- Shank is alright but proam drivers kill real chances
- Krohn has Tracy and is no winning material in any capacity, if even enters
- SMP/AFC is solid, but chassis still ??? they have no politics power either

I guess with the constant million wave bys SMP could get quite high in order
Now that the Mazdas have an engine capable of producing speeds higher than 25 MPH, they've got a shot. They're running a P1 engine for crying out loud.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3597549)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Now that the Mazdas have an engine capable of producing speeds higher than 25 MPH, they've got a shot. They're running a P1 engine for crying out loud.
Even if/when the petrol powerplant makes the old piece of garbage diesel look like a joke in comparison, the Lola is still ancient and poorly updated... and Speedsource has effectively been on holidays for few years now (in GX too), competing against themselves
Old 13 Dec 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3597556)   #15
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I haven't been keeping up with the news lately either, so, where are the Ford gt entry/ies???

jimclark
Old 13 Dec 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3597557)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the news lately either, so, where are the Ford gt entry/ies???
Umm... GTE
Old 13 Dec 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3597574)   #17
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even if/when the petrol powerplant makes the old piece of garbage diesel look like a joke in comparison, the Lola is still ancient and poorly updated... and Speedsource has effectively been on holidays for few years now (in GX too), competing against themselves
This. Why in the hell does Mazda make so many claims about supporting road racing, rightfully so in club level, but hang this prototype program out to dry? A new chassis would be nice. I admire their dedication to the diesel but it was apparent after season 1 it wasn't going anywhere. It's turned into a laughable endeavor. I hope they have gotten tons of data that is relevant to the the SkyActiv diesel road cars but if not, it was a total flop. Remember when Dyson was grenading these gas engines almost every weekend? I love Mazda's involvement but they have had some issues that they don't seem to want to rectify very quickly.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3597577)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Ah the skyactiv-d... such science...

In any case, their comments for improved pace (whatever that may be) over the old diesel should provide some good comedy next year. Trying not to undersell amazing skyacyiv-d, they will probably explain the petrol pace gain by the updates they did to the Lo... MAZDA PROTOTYPE over the winter. The chassis which will look exactly the same as it did years and years ago...

Well at least the Lolas look good, which can't be said for too many prototypes in States now.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 00:35 (Ref:3597578)   #19
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odds are they'll have a new chassis for 2017, so I can see why they didn't bother with anything new this year, chassis-wise.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3597579)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

They don't need to bother with anything for 2017 either, with the grandfathering still going (grandfathering the grandfather? ) And even after that, exception cry waivers if the wallet is empty...
Old 14 Dec 2015, 03:49 (Ref:3597613)   #21
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Twitter rumors suggesting the Riley run by Starworks will run in the 24 but fielded by a different team (don't know which team).
Old 14 Dec 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3597698)   #22
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could the missing P car be the old fart driven DP that ran last year?
Old 14 Dec 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3597699)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Could the missing P car be the old fart crewed DP that ran last year?
Mike referred to LMP2, not to (Highway to Retirement) DP
Old 14 Dec 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3597700)   #24
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mike referred to LMP2, not to (Highway to Retirement) DP
Oops - old fart brain fart.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3597701)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

I don't quite understand why SMP doesn't bring two P2 chassis. You know

A) They have the money and capacity + AF Corse behind too (whom we know are there present and operating)
B) Just one entry is gambling for this wave around crashy crashy race.
C) The idea is to advertise the car too, right? The car with doomed shelf life, with the spec rules coming. No one will purchase it if there's not something as carrot

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Dec 2015 at 14:39.