Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3660446)   #51
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Bamber still too aggressive.
Wasn't Bamber involved in the all Porsche crash at Daytona 2015 too? Perhaps he needs to be demoted to a GTD team soon.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3660447)   #52
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
912 finishes off BMWs day the way it started. 2 identical accidents. If this was online racing you'd be saying that was on purpose.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3660449)   #53
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my! Big crash No more German representation for this race in GTLM. Ferrari vs Corvette vs Ford, me like
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3660450)   #54
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Wasn't Bamber involved in the all Porsche crash at Daytona 2015 too? Perhaps he needs to be demoted to a GTD team soon.
Yeah, he infamously caused that crash, got promoted to LMP1, and won Le Mans...

He's been driving like he's still in a prototype.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3660451)   #55
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Or bumped up to the P1 car again......
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3660455)   #56
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Is the rear deck on the (leading) #33 Viper loose? It looks like it's bouncing much more than the rear of the car under compression.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3660456)   #57
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think the Viper will make it to the end without a mechanical black flag.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3660457)   #58
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I think LMPC guys may have to pit one more time?
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3660459)   #59
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTD putting on a fantastic show. Impressive the Viper
is keeping a good pace with the parachute under the car.

Oops there's a pass.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3660461)   #60
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gtlm is becoming a joke of a wreck fest real quick.seems like Imsa and aco fudged up the bop so bad everyone is driving like bone heads,hitting each other and cars from other classes.porsche is the worst,didn't bother to build a good car this year and now the drivers are driving like morons taking out the field!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3660462)   #61
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I know traffic is the name of the game at Lime Rock, but some of the drivers need to have a word with themselves, particularly when they're being lapped by competitors in their class.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3660464)   #62
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Way to go Vettes! Strong!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3660465)   #63
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks J Jay and Akrapovic for confirming the feed issues weren't just me. Sorry to hear it's a common problem though. I gave up trying to watch but it sounds like all the pushy-shovey would have just made me angry anyway...
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3660467)   #64
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Way to go Vettes! Strong!
Turned out to be a nice Corvette/Ford duel as representatives of the other 3 makes drove themselves out of it. Well not the BMW's they were both punted out by the #92 Porsche.

Race of the year in GTD I think. I love the Audi R8!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3660468)   #65
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Gtlm is becoming a joke of a wreck fest real quick.seems like Imsa and aco fudged up the bop so bad everyone is driving like bone heads,hitting each other and cars from other classes.porsche is the worst,didn't bother to build a good car this year and now the drivers are driving like morons taking out the field!
But Porsche hasn't bothered to build a good car and had drivers crashing everything that moves for years.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 22:16 (Ref:3660473)   #66
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm just wondering who's bright idea it was to leave that one LMPC out there driving around with only half the car still together? That car would've been black flagged if this was a WEC race for having big chunks of the front and rear clips knocked off.

I'm also curious about the deal with the Risi Ferrari's offs in turn 1 that happened in short order. Looks like Fisi just blew the corner both times and simply missed the mark and got into the marbles/clag.

Also, Riley must build some strong cars seeing the shape that Viper was in the last half of the race, not to mention that it plowed up half the grass in CT at the chicane early in the race and still came home on the podium. Also, somewhere the #23 Porsche also nailed or got nailed by the Viper and the Viper came off best. For it to wreck the suspension on the Porsche it had to be a pretty stout hit.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 22:27 (Ref:3660475)   #67
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The headline class GTLM. Damn straight.

The broadcast didn't even care about PC, mostly the GT classes were shown on TV.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3660478)   #68
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lime Rock Park - North East Grand Prix(July 22-23, 2016)

Good wins for corvette and magnus.the two cars that drove a good and clean race.everyone else just crashed and bumped or got crashed and bumped out of the race.the GTD race was good and usually this good just never gets the broadcast time it deserves,the racing train gtd has reminds me of what gtlm used to be in alms.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3660483)   #69
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Pretty decent race. On this track, it is smart marketing in limiting to these classes.

I agree, GTLM was the highlighted class and had more brand recognition than the protos and I think it worked nicely...for this venue.

I still want to see the P classes. Maybe, not here, but don't want anyone thinking that something that works at Limerock should become the standard for the series.

Good show between the factories. Some bonehead driving in the midst but that probably added excitement for the Saturday afternoon crowd seeing this for the first time on network TV.

Maybe, they'll tune in again.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 00:15 (Ref:3660490)   #70
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Shades of Bamber's disastrous Daytona 2015 with that move, he was barely 1/4 alongside before running over the inner kerb and taking both cars out.
Didn't he do the exact same thing while lapping a GT, with his 919, on last year's 6 h of Spa? Or was it Tandy?
Old 24 Jul 2016, 00:27 (Ref:3660494)   #71
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
LMPC drivers are just a joke.
Yeah, it was the PC drivers who were the problem today.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3660498)   #72
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'd very much liked the race, Lime Rock always delivers and the nature of the track (short and fast) always creates lots of (heavy) contact as it brings the best - and worst out of the drivers. But LR is made for multi class racing, so much is sure. Add to all that the green scenery and it was a pleasure to watch.

To balance out all the incidents there were quite a few 'close calls' that fortunately only resulted in a bit of time lost by the car that backed out of a move or gave way to the passing car. There were a lot of outstanding drives today, showing that "no rubbing = racing also!".

With almost no attention given to PC, I wonder why it was out there (not wanting to take anything away from the drivers who undoubtedly did their best), a Pro-Am class mixing it with a Pro class (GTLM) for the overall honors (and grabbing it) just doesn't make sense.

Next year a GT only or Pro only race please IMSA (and add the other 2 classes in their own race).
Old 24 Jul 2016, 03:00 (Ref:3660506)   #73
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not super proud of my porsche team today..bone head moves, carbon copies. A few years ago I made some remarks about lrp not appropriate for modern cars, but I take that back. Great fun to watch today. Feel sorry for bmw, they should be ****ed at porsche

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Jul 2016, 04:27 (Ref:3660516)   #74
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
First overall win in modern US sportscar racing for a Dutch driver if I am correct. Congrats to Renger.

What if someone would pair him with Colin Braun in a proper prototype...?!
Old 24 Jul 2016, 04:52 (Ref:3660520)   #75
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Didn't he do the exact same thing while lapping a GT, with his 919, on last year's 6 h of Spa? Or was it Tandy?
That was Tandy, crashed into Kevin Estre I think?