Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jan 2003, 11:15 (Ref:486282)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can the Pilbeam compete with the Reynard and the MG Lola?

Bucknam did well last year picking in the ALMS with reliability in the 675 class, but the car was nowhere near the pace of the Lola. Of course, they raced the majority of the season running the car closer to SRPII specs rather than 675.

This year, the car has been so heavily modifed that it has to be re-crash tested. Having said that, can it ever be close to the Lola or Reynard/IRM in lap times? I was never particurally impressed with the original design, but apparently they have worked a great deal to make it more competitive, and hopefully just as reliable.
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:49 (Ref:486429)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Can the Pilbeam compete with the Reynard and the MG Lola?

At first glance I'd say it's unlikely; but I hope to be proved wrong.
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:52 (Ref:486432)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of its chances depend on how much reliability has been improved in the MGs. The MGs are much faster than the Pilbeam as long as they hold together, but in an endurance race the straight speed matters not much at all.

The Team Bucknam drivers are excellent, and I believe they're as good as most of the MG drivers. So it'll be a question of reliability again this year.
Old 26 Jan 2003, 17:40 (Ref:486587)   #4
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No
Old 27 Jan 2003, 01:16 (Ref:486980)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Given that it is nearly a completely new car, it would seem to be impossible to say either way. Given budgets involved, it would seem unlikely that the Pilbeams will quite have the same pace, but we shall find out soon.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 08:51 (Ref:487166)   #6
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I have no idea how good they are or will be, but I would like to see some success for Pilbeam. I still remember them qualifying quite well for Le Mans in 2001 only to be an early victim of the first downpour. So they get my sympathy vote at the very least.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 13:02 (Ref:487298)   #7
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ditto the above!
Old 27 Jan 2003, 14:40 (Ref:487376)   #8
The Boot
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY
The Boot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some credit has to go to Bucknum, for a first year team they showed pretty well at a few events. In general sportscar racing needs more young teams like this, it is good to see them moving up to more suited 675 car in 03.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 16:51 (Ref:487466)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
I have no idea how good they are or will be, but I would like to see some success for Pilbeam. I still remember them qualifying quite well for Le Mans in 2001 only to be an early victim of the first downpour. So they get my sympathy vote at the very least.
In my memories, the Pilbeam had a lot of problems to qualify in 2001, and quite far from the other cars of the category... but I can be wrong...

Anyway, I like variety on the grid, but I often disapointed by LMP675, because of the disparity of performances...