Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3839978)   #301
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It made sense when Mallya had a bevy of Indian sponsors
When was that, don’t think they ever had any sponsors other than his own brands?
Old 29 Jul 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3839979)   #302
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
When was that, don’t think they ever had any sponsors other than his own brands?
Yeah, but he had brands. It was a billboard for his businesses. Now he doesn't have any brands.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3840009)   #303
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Agree with all of the above. I don’t think Perez is the bad guy here.

Richard
He's a bloke looking after the futures of both him and his team, it's quite clear that VM doesn't give a f*** as long as it still makes him look good.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3840061)   #304
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We should all be clear that the company, it’s workers & the creditors will all be better off following the removal of Roy & Malaya from the companies ownership.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3840070)   #305
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope the team is not only saved, but someone, like VJ, who lets the F1 people run the team
Old 29 Jul 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3840079)   #306
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Toto Wolff claims there is plenty of interest from potential buyers with “deep pockets”. Let’s hope so.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3840110)   #307
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Toto Wolff claims there is plenty of interest from potential buyers with “deep pockets”. Let’s hope so.
Perhaps Mercedes's representative Mr Wolf would like to go buy Force and Williams and with engines supplied at cost from the parent company they may actually turn a profit!
Old 30 Jul 2018, 07:33 (Ref:3840111)   #308
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Perhaps Mercedes's representative Mr Wolf would like to go buy Force and Williams and with engines supplied at cost from the parent company they may actually turn a profit!
Purchase Williams to make it a team for Mrs Woolf to run?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jul 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3840159)   #309
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Sir Frank will need to be long gone before Williams is up for sale.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3840196)   #310
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just hope the team is not only saved, but someone, like VJ, who lets the F1 people run the team
an important point imo.

obviously Mallya has many issues outside of F1, which of course do intersect with F1, but for the race team he was a very hands off owner (with the exception of being their party director) and the team flourished.

if credit can be given for lack of interference then Mallya i suppose does deserve credit for that and the team deserves a new owner that will let the team's very capable staff and management to continue doing what it has been doing.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3840214)   #311
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ross Brawn promising that F1 will do everything it can to keep Force India going. Good.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3840220)   #312
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ross Brawn promising that F1 will do everything it can to keep Force India going. Good.
The larger question is... what can Liberty Media do in the future to make F1 a more fertile ground for teams.

While Force India and Williams have different issues, both scenarios speak to the difficulty of survival let alone success in F1.

Richard
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3840224)   #313
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I think Sir Frank will need to be long gone before Williams is up for sale.
You realise 48.7% is already not in Williams hands?
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3840225)   #314
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It’s depressing to think that the last three new entrants to Formula 1 before Gene Haas came along all folded.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3840228)   #315
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But it’s also amazing that 9 of the current 10 teams have all been in the championship since 1997
Old 30 Jul 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3840232)   #316
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You realise 48.7% is already not in Williams hands?
Therefore 51.3% is. That’s a controlling interest.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 00:28 (Ref:3840243)   #317
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
But it’s also amazing that 9 of the current 10 teams have all been in the championship since 1997
I know there is some level of continuity with respect to facilities, personnel and an “entry” in the championship, but that’s a bit of a creative way of counting. How many of those “teams” have changed hands and operated under different names during that period? The “Enstone Team” being a prime example.

Richard
Old 31 Jul 2018, 01:37 (Ref:3840251)   #318
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That is akin to saying my grandfather's axe has had two new handles and three new heads.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 01:57 (Ref:3840258)   #319
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It’s depressing to think that the last three new entrants to Formula 1 before Gene Haas came along all folded.
They all came into F1 with honest Bernie telling them the costs would be reduced, and bazinga $8 million dollar per engine sanctioned from the manufacturers.

Surprise!
Old 31 Jul 2018, 03:43 (Ref:3840261)   #320
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They MUST change the livery, QUICKLY!!!
Old 31 Jul 2018, 05:08 (Ref:3840264)   #321
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Therefore 51.3% is. That’s a controlling interest.
Not necessarily actually. Though I believe it is at Williams right now.

Point was he’s already sold a lot of it.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3840276)   #322
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There’s a difference - a BIG difference - between parting with a minority stake, however substantial, and relinquishing control of the company.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3840279)   #323
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We seem to have a bit of thread drift here,but as far as relinquishing control of the company goes,it is now the administrator who has control.They will be guided by the law regarding which possibilities are open to them and it is their duty to achieve the best possible outcome.I suspect the only thing the previous owners will get from the situation is a large loss to write off against their tax bills-if they officially live in a country where tax is levied.It would be a good result if the workforce remains employed and I suspect the suppliers will be stuck with hefty losses.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 10:37 (Ref:3840300)   #324
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
It would seem that 3 rival teams are potentially scuppering the sale. Disappointed to see Williams name on the list, you would imagine they had more pressing matters of their own to focus on.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...dia-sale-plans

'The efforts of Force India administrator FRP Advisory to sell the team in the coming days could be compromised by opposition from three rivals.
Under the terms of the Concorde Agreement a team emerging from administration is regarded as a new entity. It can then only retain the commercial rights accrued by the original team if all other entrants agree.
It's a similar process to that undertaken when a team asks to receive its F1 prize fund payments in advance.
After a meeting in Budapest last weekend about Force India's situation McLaren, Renault and Williams all decided not to sign an agreement, at least for the time being, despite some urgent canvassing from F1 CEO Chase Carey on Force India's behalf.
All three are keen to make a point to F1's owners about the increasing power of the alliances around Mercedes and Ferrari.'
Old 31 Jul 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3840306)   #325
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
It would seem that 3 rival teams are potentially scuppering the sale. Disappointed to see Williams name on the list, you would imagine they had more pressing matters of their own to focus on.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...dia-sale-plans

'
Considering that Force India effectively hammered the final nail in Manor's coffin by doing something similar,there is a certain symmetry.Consequently my sympathy is less than it might have been in other circumstances.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1