Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3970801)   #1301
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I don't think they will be better without Rob.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3970812)   #1302
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Walker?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3970813)   #1303
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Possibly Junior Johnson: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/821275
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3970814)   #1304
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
Rob Smedley?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3970817)   #1305
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
They could do with a Rob.

Rob Banks.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3970820)   #1306
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking Rob Beckett. Anyone in the Williams camp really needs a sense of humour.....
Old 14 Apr 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3970823)   #1307
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
For ‘restructuring’ read ‘debt up by 50%+.’

As to ‘Rob’ one of the reasons why Williams has done so badly is by hiring and listening to people let go by top teams. They don’t last longer once they get found out. Talented egos and not a lot more.

They would do much better by trying to grow organically and build up rather than looking for the magic bullet...
Old 15 Apr 2020, 04:38 (Ref:3970895)   #1308
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who in their right mind would give 50 MILLION DOLLARS to Williams at this stage, really seriously??? Their must be a lot of equity in the deal for that to happen. Anyone who did this would have a plan when the debt can't be serviced I would reckon. I could postulate on that but I won't.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3970899)   #1309
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Who in their right mind would give 50 MILLION DOLLARS to Williams at this stage, really seriously??? Their must be a lot of equity in the deal for that to happen. Anyone who did this would have a plan when the debt can't be serviced I would reckon. I could postulate on that but I won't.

Two thoughts;first the business is publicly quoted and has to be seen to run according to acceptable levels of prudence.Second,consider the assets listed as security for the deal,the asset value is a significant amount.I also suspect the interest on the money is set at something other than the most rapacious rate on offer.I don't envy the management team at Grove in the current circumstances but this deal might just buy enough time to get to the brave new budget capped world in which they have a car that isn't an embarrassment.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3970919)   #1310
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I’m not sure you become a billionaire by giving cheap loans. I’m sure it’s ‘competitive’ in such an uncertain sport.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3970939)   #1311
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, they scored one victory in the span of the previous 15 seasons. In the previous 15 seasons - 1990 to 2004 - it had been 70 more, and 43 during their first 13 seasons. Sad to see how a team can go downhill that far.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3970960)   #1312
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

As to ‘Rob’ one of the reasons why Williams has done so badly is by hiring and listening to people let go by top teams. They don’t last longer once they get found out. Talented egos and not a lot more.

They would do much better by trying to grow organically and build up rather than looking for the magic bullet...
Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that Ferrari " let Rob Smedley go"? If that was the case please explain why he worked 6 months notice within the team and then further gardening leave? More likely his "man" Massa moved on and his children are now of school age so a move back to UK made sense. He did a pretty good job at Williams until Symonds was eased out and the disastrous Lowe period ensued . I got the impression Smedley was one of many who bailed in the Lowe era....
Old 15 Apr 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3970962)   #1313
peebee2
Veteran

What I know is what those in the garage said about those on the prat perch. Not complimentary I can promise you.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3970981)   #1314
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Is it ever ? Isn't it normal for all mechanics and technicians to chelp about management and drivers ? While rarely being equipped to to do either job themselves. Those who can , do, those who can't , criticise. (or teach , or in my case write about it etc )
Old 15 Apr 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3971012)   #1315
peebee2
Veteran

Not always, in my experience you can tell serious and accurate from the usual moaning. Also depends who in the garage is doing it...
Old 15 Apr 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3971014)   #1316
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Those who can , do, those who can't , criticise. (or teach , or in my case write about it etc )
Your book showed up yesterday. I will start reading it once I am finished with my current!

Richard
Old 15 Apr 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3971015)   #1317
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Is it ever ? Isn't it normal for all mechanics and technicians to chelp about management and drivers ? While rarely being equipped to to do either job themselves. Those who can , do, those who can't , criticise. (or teach , or in my case write about it etc )
this post preaches the truth. if i had £1 for every "wow that guy is really good at his job" i'd heard in motorsport i would maybe have £1.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3971021)   #1318
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What I know is what those in the garage said about those on the prat perch. Not complimentary I can promise you.
Is that it? !!! Trash a bloke who has worked at the highest level on the strength of that?!!!
Old 15 Apr 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3971023)   #1319
peebee2
Veteran

I never mentioned any names other than the Christian name someone else quoted.

I was referring to several people, more than a couple.

If I said who in the garage said what to me and about who exactly then that would be unfair.

The people you don’t want trashed took them from a top three level team to bottom (by an embarrassingly large margin too) in a few short years. I used to love the Williams team, but really that team no longer exists.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 20:29 (Ref:3971032)   #1320
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:

If I said who in the garage said what to me and about who exactly then that would be unfair.

The people you don’t want trashed took them from a top three level team to bottom (by an embarrassingly large margin too) in a few short years. I used to love the Williams team, but really that team no longer exists.
Not people - person that you factually misrepresented
Old 15 Apr 2020, 20:41 (Ref:3971035)   #1321
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:

It appears you directly mentioned someone there so.....? Whether you stated his full name or not you made reference to someone and then stated conjecture and comment without any backup if any kind to it. You've let the high ground you thought you had by a wide margin sir.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3971037)   #1322
peebee2
Veteran

Wrong as ever. It was first mentioned on the previous page, for example post 1301, not by me.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 23:34 (Ref:3971054)   #1323
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where did I say anything incorrect? I did not say you mentioned him first. Please read the actual words on the page

Your ego is beyond belief. You need to stop, READ THE ACTUAL WORDS PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN. and then usually shut the f up because my God you're so wrong so often it's pathetic
Old 15 Apr 2020, 23:55 (Ref:3971056)   #1324
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
guys, please.

nobody needs to have the last word. if somebody is wrong on the internet and they choose not to listen to your response, let them be wrong on the internet.
Old 16 Apr 2020, 06:43 (Ref:3971078)   #1325
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
guys, please.

nobody needs to have the last word. if somebody is wrong on the internet and they choose not to listen to your response, let them be wrong on the internet.
I hear you but the internet does not give people the right to badmouth without any factual evidence - just he says she says