Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Mar 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4103876)   #2376
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Will that include the three that were not fixed 10 weeks ago - nudge nudge wink wink know what i mean say no more
On the 13th April, you will know all signed seats.
Whether they will be announced before then - depends on the teams/drivers.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4103879)   #2377
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Do you mean the Season Launch event at Thruxton over the 12/13th April?

Teams can (and have) test before then without having confirmed all drivers.
True hahaha just not used to waiting this long
Old 22 Mar 2022, 17:33 (Ref:4103881)   #2378
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
On the 13th April, you will know all signed seats.
Whether they will be announced before then - depends on the teams/drivers.
I know but weeks ago I was slagged because I dared to doubt the claim that all but 3 were already done , as of today its seems at least 5 are still not done.....
Old 22 Mar 2022, 18:20 (Ref:4103887)   #2379
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I know but weeks ago I was slagged because I dared to doubt the claim that all but 3 were already done , as of today its seems at least 5 are still not done.....
There's definitely several not got dry ink on paper.

Can anybody get any later than Bartie phoning Matt Jackson on press day morning a few years back I wonder...
Old 22 Mar 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4103893)   #2380
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Can anybody get any later than Bartie phoning Matt Jackson on press day morning a few years back I wonder...
Cammish 2021?
Old 22 Mar 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4103901)   #2381
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's definitely several not got dry ink on paper.

Plato and RML Rocked up on the Friday of the first race one year with a deal for that weekend only which obviously in turn became a full season when silverline came onboard from round 2 onwards. Giovanardi similar scenario the same year ironically IIRC
Old 22 Mar 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4103903)   #2382
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Will that include the three that were not fixed 10 weeks ago - nudge nudge wink wink know what i mean say no more
Is that the 3 that aren't happening?
Old 23 Mar 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4103944)   #2383
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Plato and RML Rocked up on the Friday of the first race one year with a deal for that weekend only which obviously in turn became a full season when silverline came onboard from round 2 onwards. Giovanardi similar scenario the same year ironically IIRC
Yeah, I remember that. JP entered as a Privateer in an ex WTCC car that RML loaned him (and chaps to run it) that first weekend before going on to get a commercial deal together.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4103950)   #2384
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.britishgt.com/news/805

Jack Mitchell to British GT for 2022.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4103967)   #2385
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I didn't think Mitchell would be back, he's more interested in GT racing
Old 23 Mar 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4103968)   #2386
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that. I'd had quite some expectations before his BTCC debut but he never set the world on fire. To be fair to him, HARD may have not been the best environment to shine. Anyway, I hoped he can stay in the BTCC and make some career out of touring cars.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4103982)   #2387
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Better off being in the title hunt in BritishGT than stuck at the back of the BTCC with HARD.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4104001)   #2388
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No BTCC cars at Croft yesterday, but folk were there. Spotted Rory Butcher and Owy, asked Jack Mitchell if he had a drive sorted this year - he said no - obviously wasn't going to tell me before the announcement today.
What was interesting though was that a couple of mechanics who do part-time weekend jobs in the championship reckon that less than half of the field will run Hybrid next week at Donington, and one of the circuit staff said that they've only had deposits for 12 cars for the BTCC exclusive test on April 6th.

Still time for all that to pick up, but it does make you think what will happen if even one car is short of Hybrid for the season opener? Do they run all cars with the kit installed but not active to retain parity? If so, would someone be able to protest that if their opposition wins races there, and the points difference from that loses the title at the end of the year? Does it run non-championship?

Makes me think of ETCC in 85 or 86 when it was decided in court about three months after the season. Or am I just overthinking things??!!
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:14 (Ref:4104005)   #2389
Millvi
Racer

https://www.btcracing.co.uk/post/btc...oined-the-team

Some news from BTC Racing and mention of running 3 BTCC cars…
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4104006)   #2390
Millvi
Racer

And from another source https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...ger-confirmed/
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4104010)   #2391
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Thought that would be the case. Hopefully Cook and Proctor stay put - not that there's much else to choose from now! Seeing as they were quicker than the Dynamics Hondas (for the most part) last year.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4104012)   #2392
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Shonky - Buxton never drove for TD.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4104014)   #2393
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 still unknown

half of them Hondas

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbottom

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 330 - WSR - Stephen Jelley
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
BMW 330 - Ciceley - George Gamble

Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Dan Lloyd
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Chilton
Hyundai i30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Nicolas Hamilton ??

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Árón Taylor-Smith
Cupra Leon - HARD - Bobby Thompson

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Infiniti Q50 - HARD - Rick Parfitt Jr

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Michael Crees

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Jac Constable ??
Old 23 Mar 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4104018)   #2394
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else think that the 3rd dynamics car and possibly the 3rd speedworks car won't run as well
Old 23 Mar 2022, 18:13 (Ref:4104023)   #2395
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Anyone else think that the 3rd dynamics car and possibly the 3rd speedworks car won't run as well
In my head a certain tall gentleman is in the Dynamics car and I reckon he'll do OK. I think Rowbo will emerge as the best of the three over the season.

Still have zero idea where the tall man's buddy is sitting...
Old 23 Mar 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4104028)   #2396
Jay87
Rookie

Quote:
In my head a certain tall gentleman is in the Dynamics car and I reckon he'll do OK. I think Rowbo will emerge as the best of the three over the season.

Still have zero idea where the tall man's buddy is sitting...
I would love that to be the case but the longer it goes on the more I think it's not going to happen unfortunately.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 19:25 (Ref:4104031)   #2397
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
I think the Speedworks car is probably safe, and expect Collard and Hamilton to join Butcher there.

The Dynamics car is less certain, although the 'three empty seats' were originally named as two BTC and one Speedworks, meaning it had been filled. However, it has been suggested on reddit that a driver was 95% signed and then it broke down, so maybe it is not safe. I have thought from the start that Dynamics were trying to get another driver but if they couldn't the tall man would return, or his son would join, so hopefully this means Matt Neal will be back, although I still think it might be the tall man's buddy in that car. But it would be so disappointing if it didn't run at all, which seems possible.

I think all the rest of the seats will end up as they are currently shown on reddit, with the only question marks around who races the third Dynamics seat if it races at all, and whether or not Bert Taylor has acquired the BTC TBL for Chris Smiley. I suspect not.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4104033)   #2398
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamics have been at Silverstone today! Guessing they were testing?
Old 23 Mar 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4104035)   #2399
Jay87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Dynamics have been at Silverstone today! Guessing they were testing?
They were at snetterton recently testing as well and I just think if it was neal in the third car he would have been testing as well and the announcement would have been made by now.
Old 23 Mar 2022, 21:29 (Ref:4104043)   #2400
Knight Rider
Rookie

Knight Rider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamics and Speedworks will only run one car each.