Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2320981)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bright Joins VESA Board??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujitsu Team Press Release 26/10/08

In other news Jason Bright has been elected to the V8 Supercar Board as one of two Ford team representatives. Bright joins Ford Performance Racing’s Tim Edwards on the V8 Board for at least the next 12 months.

“I feel that as an owner and driver I can bring a lot to the role,” said Bright.

“I have a lot of passion for the category and I want to see the further growth of the sport.

“It is an extra workload, but with the right people within our team looking after the competition and business side of things, I will be able to give this role plenty of attention.”
To me it seems odd that a privateer, as this team now will be, shall be on the VESA board as a representative of the Ford side... where the SBR group is the only other factory aligned Ford team

May also put the kybosh to the noise that Mr Bright was looking for a buyer for Britek, to run an SBR customer car instead.....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Oct 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2321000)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think itis a good choice, Brighty has got a good brain for this stuff.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Oct 2008, 22:25 (Ref:2321369)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
To me it seems odd that a privateer, as this team now will be, shall be on the VESA board as a representative of the Ford side... where the SBR group is the only other factory aligned Ford team
I would have thought is was critically important to the future of the sport for the independent teams to be represented.

Regardless of whether it is Ford's ideal situation, I think it is a perfect situation for the sport - especially given that, in essence, there are only two Ford-backed teams left for 2009.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 04:46 (Ref:2321486)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is/was Morris on the board as a Holden side rep?
Old 27 Oct 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2321537)   #5
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a saying that only two groups of people operate in motorsport, those that have recently been screwed over and those that are waiting to be.

This saying goes no matter who you are and how big a fish you may be.

Mr. Price may be about to find out that the voting dynamic of the Ford teams is fundamentally changed now that he has decided to officially sponsor just two teams. When you have more votes outside the tent than in, it is sometimes difficult for those excluded to see the value of supporting the factory line if it is not to their benefit.

Therefore he could be about to change columns from a screwer to a screwee.

In the Tent - 5 Entries

FPR
FRSR (By implication)
SBR

Outside - 9 Entries

T8
DJR
PCR
Britek
TKR

It is said that the Red side of the equation is counting quite seriously to ensure that this scenario is not repeated on their side of the fence. This may see the manufacturers without a "controlling" influence on the TEGA board. WP's supply of just about every red team is seen as a great equaliser in this respect but the Kelly rumblings have the numbers been done in true McCain/Obama style.

The War Room Numbers

In the Tent - 5 Entries

HRT
BJR
TDR

Outside the Tent - 7 Entries

Perkins
Tasman
PWR
GRM

Pending - 4 Entries

PMM
HSVDT/KELLY

It could be said that a number of red teams are pulling a Jerry Maguire and asking Holden to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! to enter the tent.

Now if you go so far as to look at the downfall of strong entities (Roman Empire, US Republicans, ARL) , they always follow similar paths to extinction.

1. Have financial pressure applied by externalities.
2. Loss of single strong dictator/troica type leader with ability to implement will without regard for consequences.
3. Internal power struggle by those that think they have missed out.
4. Disfunctional decision making process.
5. Death of 1000 cuts/Withering on vine/Slow and Painful death.

I am not predicting nor cheerleading for the demise of the colourfully named Black Wiggle (who came up with that??) nor his house of V8 Supercars but letting the inmates control the asylum has never been a recipe for success in sporting or business models. I have heard that it is much like weeing in your trousers, it may give one a sense of warmth at the commencement of such an undertaking but always ends up just plain cold,messy and with standing around with no duds.

It will be an interesting sport to watch in the boardroom.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2321548)   #6
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who is on the board now? I thought it went to 1 board when they did the restructure??

Also GTR - didn't Kees Wheel get on the board and then put his business up for sale. May give weight to the noise that Mr Bright was looking for a buyer for Britek.......
Old 27 Oct 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2321596)   #7
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weel had talks with Marshall in mid '06, Marshall wouldn't offer enough money. Weel was then elected to the board this time in '06 I believe.
Then mid '07, Marshall and Weel appeared to have reached an agreement. Weel offered to step down immediately, the board said no need to. Weel left the board this time last year, replaced by Morris.

Bright represents the entry end to pit lane and the non-ford backed fords. He's also a smart operator. He wouldn't waste his time going on the board if he was about to leave the owners circle. Each two car ford team has now been on the board.

Cochrane, Erskine, Cook, Morris, Perkins, Edwards and Bright make up the board currently I believe.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2322084)   #8
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britek should be #1 consideration

2008 has been nothing for Britek to be happy with.

Bright's results have been dismal for a driver of his ability.

Britek appear to be chasing another paying driver for 09.

Strange decision ....
Old 27 Oct 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2322122)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Britek appear to be chasing another paying driver for 09.
The poor old el de barge #26 gets its 6th pilot in 5 years..............
Old 27 Oct 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2322144)   #10
Kiwikid
Racer

Kiwikid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie
Weel had talks with Marshall in mid '06, Marshall wouldn't offer enough money. Weel was then elected to the board this time in '06 I believe.
Then mid '07, Marshall and Weel appeared to have reached an agreement. Weel offered to step down immediately, the board said no need to. Weel left the board this time last year, replaced by Morris.

Bright represents the entry end to pit lane and the non-ford backed fords. He's also a smart operator. He wouldn't waste his time going on the board if he was about to leave the owners circle. Each two car ford team has now been on the board.

Cochrane, Erskine, Cook, Morris, Perkins, Edwards and Bright make up the board currently I believe.
Thanks Banksie
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2322386)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the V8SA release

it would appear that Mr Edwards (FPR) nominated Jason to be on the board
Old 28 Oct 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2322560)   #12
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon there may be a little more privateer representation on the board if the current economic climate remains...
Old 1 Nov 2008, 03:22 (Ref:2325209)   #13
Chelsea FC
Rookie

Chelsea FC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a newby at this chat forum biz, but I feel some facts need pointing out and from what I have read I am surprised that GTR Magic does not have the facts of the "ol de barge #26" at Britek.

The car Marcus Marshall uses is the ex-Steven Richards FPR machine from up to Pukekohe in 2007 and has been used to good effect by some of the Britek team at certain times this year, like Bright himself who jumped in #26 at pre-Phillip Isl test day and went 1.4s faster than Marshall in four laps, or like Halliday who was as quick on old tyres at Bathurst as MM was on new.

Other than its number this car is not the originally acquired ex-Seton FPR car that arrived to the team in Feb 2004.

Yes, the track record of the second Britek entry is not brilliant but let's not confuse this year's effort with the quality of the chassis, and let's absolutely not try and say it has been around since the team's inception.

Seems to me there is a lot of Ford kicking going on when all is not rosy at the Clayton and Moorrabin Airport camps of the General.

I don't give a toss either way and just becasue I'm a chat room debutant, doesn't mean I'm not well informed as to what is going on with the Melbourne based teams.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 03:39 (Ref:2325210)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea FC
I am a newby at this chat forum biz, but I feel some facts need pointing out and from what I have read I am surprised that GTR Magic does not have the facts of the "ol de barge #26" at Britek.

The car Marcus Marshall uses is the ex-Steven Richards FPR machine from up to Pukekohe in 2007 and has been used to good effect by some of the Britek team at certain times this year, like Bright himself who jumped in #26 at pre-Phillip Isl test day and went 1.4s faster than Marshall in four laps, or like Halliday who was as quick on old tyres at Bathurst as MM was on new.

Other than its number this car is not the originally acquired ex-Seton FPR car that arrived to the team in Feb 2004.

Yes, the track record of the second Britek entry is not brilliant but let's not confuse this year's effort with the quality of the chassis, and let's absolutely not try and say it has been around since the team's inception.

Seems to me there is a lot of Ford kicking going on when all is not rosy at the Clayton and Moorrabin Airport camps of the General.

I don't give a toss either way and just becasue I'm a chat room debutant, doesn't mean I'm not well informed as to what is going on with the Melbourne based teams.
Regardless of the chassis/driver combination, what is clear is that the #26 in the past 4 seasons has been closer to the back 10% of the field than the front 10%.

The team chooses the driver on the basis of the talents (driving skill/budget/car ownership etc) presented to them... if they make the wrong call.. then whose fault is it, the driver as you seem to have identified, or the team for making the choice?

We are well aware that the chassis is an ex-FPR unit of recent vintage, sister unit to the ones currently in that stable. Just makes the above look even more average, given its pedigree.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2325215)   #15
Chelsea FC
Rookie

Chelsea FC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valid points GTR, but it's a driver thing more than a car/ team issue. What about the quality of equipment of Messrs Patrizzi, D'Alberto etc ... what's their excuse?
Old 1 Nov 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2325227)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea FC
Valid points GTR, but it's a driver thing more than a car/ team issue. What about the quality of equipment of Messrs Patrizzi, D'Alberto etc ... what's their excuse?
Mr D'Alberto has a very small team run by the family... sometimes they make the wrong judgement call, like not putting the more experienced driver in during qualifying, so the team aspect is sometimes cloudy, regardless of talent. Indy was another story... driver inexperience didnt help there either.

Mr Patrizi is certainly trying to climb mountains in public, and while the team is FPR, the driver selection is again a function of the driving skill/budget challenge. Arguably without Mr Patrizi, there is no team, regardless.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2325301)   #17
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a smokescreen

The position of the Britek backmarker aka the barge is a matter of fact over a number of seasons.

To try to draw in Patrizi just muddies the water ... why?

As a keen follower of Patrizi, can I suggest this is his 1st season in tin tops,
V8 Supercars & his 1st visit to the majority (if not all) of the circuits.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2325346)   #18
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane Van Gisbergen was kinda in the same boat(for 75 percent of the year). He would of also had less racing experience than Patrizi no doubt. (3 season in single seaters)
Old 1 Nov 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2325543)   #19
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet the Giz showed what talent he had immediately on debut in the wet at Oran Park last year, Patrizi imo just doesn't have it.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2567694)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
One year in, and then gone... to concentrate on the race team