Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Aug 2019, 03:48 (Ref:3922520)   #1
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marc 2 Mustang value

See this ad for a 2019 Marc 2 Mustang

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/21565/latest/1

I am incredibly surprised that it cost 400,000 to build.
I thought these were supposed to be cheap cars.

And after ONLY 2 races it is for sale for 330,000. Sure losses value quickly

I would have thought it better to buy a GP3 or GP4 car and have the chance to race Internationally.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3922521)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
$400K isn't THAT outrageous for a car like this one but then again, in comparison to a TA2 for example, it's quite expensive. Losing 16% or thereabouts after a couple of races isn't all that unusual for a race car either, particularly one that is a bit of an "orphan" in terms of where it races.

Plenty of options for cars that can be bought for less and raced internationally, if that's what a purchaser wants to do (do MARC cars still do some races in Europe?).
TA2 races here, USA, Sweden, few other places
GT3 and GT4 of course although the GT3 cars aren't cheap
TCR
LMP3
F4
Etc etc
Old 13 Aug 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3922527)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The owner/sponsor of that car was/is the subject of a missing persons situation at the start of the month. No word on progress on that, even in a google search. Here's hoping that he is okay.

And $400k would make sense because it has been optioned with switchable ABS and paddle shift and the like that are additional cost options.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Aug 2019, 22:34 (Ref:3922620)   #4
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
400k sounds like good value for what you get. Compare the spec, lap times and cost against a GT3 or Supercar and it is good. It is an example of what Supercars should be.
Old 13 Aug 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3922621)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
400k sounds like good value for what you get. Compare the spec, lap times and cost against a GT3 or Supercar and it is good. It is an example of what Supercars should be.
i dunno, I think it is actually valid to question this.

Supercar is worth say $600k new of which maybe $200k in engine.

if a Marc II is $400k, and the engine is worth $40k.

As always with these things the budget creeps up and up. The original Marc car was $230k, with a $12k engine, and at that point it made some sense.

At $400k wouldn't you buy a Porsche cup car?
Old 13 Aug 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3922622)   #6
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
i dunno, I think it is actually valid to question this.

Supercar is worth say $600k new of which maybe $200k in engine.

if a Marc II is $400k, and the engine is worth $40k.

As always with these things the budget creeps up and up. The original Marc car was $230k, with a $12k engine, and at that point it made some sense.

At $400k wouldn't you buy a Porsche cup car?
If you look at the running cost of a car as well as the purchase price some 'cheap' categories get very expensive. What is the cost of a Porsche engine or gearbox rebuild? The last I heard they were 'VERY' expensive.

I still favour the MARC as it is cheap to operate and purchase. Yes it is more expensive than original but all costs go up in time, and they now have a race engine rather than a stock road engine which will cost less in the long run. The 400k is with a lot of options.