Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4061086)   #2476
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mon ami Gérard. Que tu profites encore de nombreuses années !
Edit: I always thought you were a little older than me hence my comment.... but it seems not, so you are not such an old fart!
Old 15 Jul 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4061094)   #2477
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, I had the same thought about the old diesels and oil leaks on the Champs Elysées. Cant imagine "Notre Drame de Paris" nervous breakdown! May be she was waiting for a kiss or hug from Brigitte, this one has been generous!

Thanks…
Did you notice Macron now has a rather shocking blue new suit? Guess the old grey one must have finally worn out & Brigitte found him the new one cheap in the sales!
Old 15 Jul 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4061102)   #2478
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Birthday Gerard. Should you make the grand tour to Stockport once more I'd happily nip down to share an aperitif with you

Glad to see that Paul D, Andy and ourselves have all got entries to the Brands GP circuit CSCC meeting - Paul's (and our) race has a 46 car entry with 26 reserves! Virtually all races fully subscribed.... anyone would think the GP circuit is popular.....
Old 15 Jul 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4061109)   #2479
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for your greetings, Chris my Friend and of course Richard!
I dunno how many years are left but I'll try to enjoy each day as should. Meeting any of you would be great, and when I'll pay a visit to Ric, we'll drink something for sure, Richard.

Its really pleasant to know that Richard and his mate, Paul and Andy will have fun at Brands. Pedal to the metal, take no prisoner, gents!
Old 15 Jul 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4061113)   #2480
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy birthday Gerard.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jul 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4061116)   #2481
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The towns of Spa & Verviers are amongst the many places in northern Europe to have suffered devastating flooding in recent days.

I imagine there is also possibly a large puddle at the bottom of Eau Rouge...
Old 15 Jul 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4061117)   #2482
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's photos circulating on social media if circuit access roads washed away. There was also a picture of the centre of the town of Spa under water.

But compared to what we've seen on British TV of the loss of lives and property in Germany that's a tiny inconvenience. My heart goes out to those affected.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jul 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4061133)   #2483
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Happy Birthday Gerard. Should you make the grand tour to Stockport once more I'd happily nip down to share an aperitif with you

Glad to see that Paul D, Andy and ourselves have all got entries to the Brands GP circuit CSCC meeting - Paul's (and our) race has a 46 car entry with 26 reserves! Virtually all races fully subscribed.... anyone would think the GP circuit is popular.....
Yes, happy birthday Gerard. Sorry I am late with the greeting, been working too many hours. If you come over to Blighty you should take in a track day at Donington (or Anglesey!) and I will meet you there.

I am delighted to get an entry for CSCC Brands GP (and Snetterton) but may yet have to cancel. Mrs97 not happy that after 10 weeks working away (albeit home most weekends, and having cancelled Knockhill and an Anglesey rally) I want to go racing. Women!?
Old 15 Jul 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4061135)   #2484
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in the nick of time - happy birthday Gerard!

Yes, very pleased to have a confirmed entry for the Brands GP event - will hopefully be an excellent meeting. Just got to figure out how to get there and back now without suffering the nightmare that will undoubtedly be August Bank Holiday weekend traffic!
Old 16 Jul 2021, 04:47 (Ref:4061143)   #2485
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci Max, merci Andy, merci David well done Paul right in time! C'est très appréciable et très apprécié.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4061156)   #2486
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Belated best wishes Gerard. santé ?* toi.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4061173)   #2487
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to be late, Gerard, but happy birthday. Is it a 'milestone' event?
Old 16 Jul 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4061174)   #2488
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I guess he’s had a great birthday. Doesn’t matter how old, a birthday is always a good reason to celebrate and crack open a bottle or two
Old 16 Jul 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4061175)   #2489
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belated Bon Anniversaire Gerard.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4061177)   #2490
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gerard is certainly getting spoiled with all these birthday wishes
Old 16 Jul 2021, 11:27 (Ref:4061182)   #2491
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eiffel area of Germany not in good shape and seems to have been experiencing infrastructure outages - notably internet and phones.

I hope Terence is OK. Anyone heard from him?
Old 16 Jul 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4061191)   #2492
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some very scary scenes on the lunchtime news. We have many friends in the Ardennes as well as Eiffel region, for obvious reasons. Fingers crossed for all of them.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4061228)   #2493
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes hope terence is fine. TERRY ?
I tried to catch with José Close at Spa but no news so far. Hope they're just busy atm to clean everything.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4061230)   #2494
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yop, Joe, morningent and Malcolm you too spoiled me. A great day I wont forget. Merci Messieurs du forum, you made this day even better.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4061236)   #2495
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I message Rapheal de Borman and his family escaped the floods being on high ground. But his lower level land is under water.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4061264)   #2496
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If people are safe, good news in fact. Hope Gipi Motors cars in Brussels are not under water. But what are cars compared to human lives.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4061265)   #2497
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Terence, are you OK, family and Paddy?
Old 17 Jul 2021, 03:40 (Ref:4061333)   #2498
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Terence, are you OK, family and Paddy?
Gerard and others,many thanks for your concern.Yes,we are all fine,thankfully we are a fair way higher than the affected villages.
So many dead and overv1300 missing its a very saddening situation.
We have seen some extremely heavy rainfall,the road became a torrent for many hours.
I was over at Spa from Wednesday lunchtime,2hr journey through this deluge instead of the hour and five mins.
Spa?roads washed away,tons of rubble and rocks on nearly all of the outside roads around the circuit.
I stayed in the La Source for the night and had to wade through the road river to get to the front door!
Thursdays weather was still raining hard,when trying to gain access to the RSR facility at Blanchimont,there was a road collapse just outside of Masta,so turned back to the main entrance in the hope of getting in via a service road.As luck would have it there was a guy waiting at the gate with his road sweeping tractor.Waited for around fifteen mins the got the call "Terry,go back to Nurburg cos the track day(fully booked) ain't gonna happen."
That was at ten past eight,I got back home at a quarter past twelve having tried various diversions leading to the next one.
A very humbling drive back seeing the devastion caused.
It's just xxxxing horrible!
Old 17 Jul 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4061353)   #2499
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any news from Rudernst?
Old 17 Jul 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4061355)   #2500
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK Terry, you're fine, good to hear. Après la pluie le beau temps.