Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2587067)   #1
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new McLaren MP4-12C

Absolutely stunning car Imo.. Looks wise it is pleasing to the eye despite it looking a bit like a Ferrari/Lambo hybrid ! which is a bit of a pity after the F1 being such an original and great looking car...

The spec, minimal weight design ethos and the technology thats going into this is impressive.. its a 600bhp twin turbo 3.8 litre V8 with a 8.5k redline, Dual variable valve timing and drives a seven speed Seamless Shift dual clutch gearbox (SSG) which also has a feature called 'pre-cog' which you use to pre-select the correct set of ratios for even faster shifting. Its got a Carbon fibre tub chassis etc etc.. all the engineering ideas and F1 technologies such as active damping, individual wheel braking control to control/improve turn in and also to control traction , it really IS a very advanced and special machine.

MP4-12C

More pics and full details of the spec and technologies here

Opinions?
Old 23 Nov 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2587737)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know too much about it yet, but EVO magazine have been following the development story fairly closely. In true McLaren style, the car is intended to be about function over form - every design detail has a practical purpose.

That is an approach I admire, but it does put alot of pressure on how the car performs. Fortunately I think that's a pressure the boys at McLaren enjoy. I can't wait to read the first proper road test articles - I have a feeling it's going to be an absolute cracker.

Relatively affordable too! (Compared to previous McLaren road cars...)
Old 23 Nov 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2587751)   #3
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must admit I think the spec makes it sound like an incredible bit of kit... and we've got 12 months to win the lottery!
Old 24 Nov 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2588190)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a cool article and video on the car. I'm not too big on the front clip, but the back is excellent.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ook/index.html
Old 24 Nov 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2588306)   #5
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks okay to me. Do we know who designed it?