Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Sep 2007, 19:34 (Ref:2002938)   #251
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvdB
but if you just think it was better before and can't explain why - please just keep that to yourself and your pile of mags in the garage loft or wherever.
I agree that people who have offered no attempt at an explanation of their criticisms/thoughts of what they would like to see are not being productive at all.

I would hope, though, that you appreciate that some of us have very much tried to provide you with what you have asked for.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 04:40 (Ref:2003227)   #252
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvdB
(and some points have been truly taken on board as you will see in the future),
Nuff said?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2003415)   #253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm happy to see what Andrew has in mind for the future and I'll be delighted if we're able to recognise any changes that arises from the dialogue here - that has to be good for the relationship between the enthusiasts here and the editor.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 19:01 (Ref:2003782)   #254
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
Not wishing to go over old ground.

...but i will anyway.

This sponsor argument. Its not Autosports job to promote your sponsors. That is your job. If you think you are going to race on Sunday and thats where your work for your sponsors end, then you don't deserve whatever they are giving you. I am sure if you are that desperate to get your sponsor in the magazine and wrote an interesting and informative press realese to the National Motorsport section, they would print it. They have done it for me before. And to just expect the writers to blow sunshine up your **** regardless of your finishing position is just stupid.
Kelvin, of course you are correct, the work with a sponsor starts the day you contact him and never ends even on the day you lose him and don't expect anybody else to do the job for you. You will gather I have a conection and over the years we have been involved in millions, yes millions of £££s but what I say still applies, sponsors like mentions and it is in everyone's interests that they get them. Autosport is not an incidental it is very important and they must accept that role as they have built it over the last 60 years or so. No other motorsport magazine has the status that they enjoy, hence this thread, who would bother to say they cancelled EVO, I have never bought it, let alone cancel it. Craig is right, I and others goaded Andrew to comment further and he has done well to stick with us, I appreciate the fact that he has done so. Perhaps it is time Tarzan read this theme and appreciated his staff?
Old 5 Sep 2007, 00:04 (Ref:2003943)   #255
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don´t like this idea that it´s okay to have a sensationalist (i.e. incorrect) headline on the front cover as long as the inside content has more journalistic integrity. Why?

I think "It´s war!" was incorrect about the Hamilton and Alonso situation.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 07:41 (Ref:2004054)   #256
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Guys, I'm coming to the conclusion that this discussion has run its course. There's little point in rehashing the same arguments over and over.

You guys have given your thoughts. Andrew has responded - quite forcefully - with his own.

It appears that some criticisms have been taken on board and some haven't, which is a better result that I would think anyone expected when this thread started.

Unless you've anything new to add, I think it's time to put this thread to bed.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 07:54 (Ref:2004059)   #257
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
G'night all.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2004070)   #258
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fully agree, let's see what changes, thanks for a good debate
Old 5 Sep 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2004073)   #259
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes,

Let's come back to this with some positive responses to the changes when Andrew makes them.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 09:02 (Ref:2004095)   #260
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My eyes are peeled in anticipation.......