Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Sep 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3925329)   #16
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
With dementia it always gets nasty. In terms of the legal stuff, as the old saying goes "Never underestimate the human capacity for greed"
I think we have all seen this at some stage or another.......meaning family greed
Old 2 Sep 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3925366)   #17
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I think we have all seen this at some stage or another.......meaning family greed
If anything the sagas that Peter Brock and Bob Jane's families did with the end result somewhat tarnishing the legacy of their fallen loved one is anything to go by, this is going to be one hell of a messy affair.
Old 2 Sep 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3925480)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am just not sure what is with these old dudes taking on much younger women and not leaving crystal clear wills in place?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 03:05 (Ref:3925503)   #19
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sadly you maybe correct however I did speak to a few friends who have met Allan prior to me meeting him and recalled similar stories. (Even one Bathurst legend sitting a few seats from Allan after hearing the commotion said to me "Don't take it to heart, he can be like that")
Dementia can have a long period of effects before a diagnosis too, with hindsight my grandfather had some signs for at least 10 years before he was diagnosed.

Best wishes to Allan and those that care for him, it is gratifying to read that people are looking out for him.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 11:10 (Ref:3925551)   #20
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I am just not sure what is with these old dudes taking on much younger women and not leaving crystal clear wills in place?
Moffat had been with Sue since around 1983, and she is James' mother, who's around 35.

While younger than Moffat, there wouldn't be that bigger age gap between them.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 07:41 (Ref:3935107)   #21
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw Allan on the Bathurst Sunday morning just when they were prepping for the drivers parade. He was sitting in the passenger's side of one of his Falcons. He looked happy to be in the car (got a friendly wave from him when I waved at the car) even though it was clear he wasn't 100% with it. (he was blowing kisses to people who he thought were there and trying to have a conversation to someone hanging out at the side of the car even though the was no one near the side of the Falcon and most of the window was up) Spoke to James for a few minutes after where I offered my sympathies to which he got a little emotional and said "At the very least, Dad is happy were he is, still know that his family, friends and fans love him, he's had a great run and such is the way life works out."
Old 17 Oct 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3935146)   #22
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Saw Allan on the Bathurst Sunday morning just when they were prepping for the drivers parade. He was sitting in the passenger's side of one of his Falcons. He looked happy to be in the car (got a friendly wave from him when I waved at the car) even though it was clear he wasn't 100% with it. (he was blowing kisses to people who he thought were there and trying to have a conversation to someone hanging out at the side of the car even though the was no one near the side of the Falcon and most of the window was up) Spoke to James for a few minutes after where I offered my sympathies to which he got a little emotional and said "At the very least, Dad is happy were he is, still know that his family, friends and fans love him, he's had a great run and such is the way life works out."
Saw and got Allans signature last year, as with illness Im guessing he's gone downhill fast. Life sucks
Old 17 Oct 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3935171)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Saw and got Allans signature last year, as with illness Im guessing he's gone downhill fast. Life sucks
Im sure he has days that are better than others. I know from experience with my Father who suffered Alzheimer's . One day he would be relating to me about things we had done in family cars 40-50 years ago.... the very next day was not a good day as I heard him asking my Mother who the bloke sat on the lounge was (it was me). Within months he did not even know or recognise who my Mother was, his wife and constant companion of 65 years. Very sad and heartbreaking for family and those close.
Junior Member - The Great Bauble's SOF Club. Member #4
Old 18 Oct 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3935293)   #24
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, read Razors post last night and been thinking about Allan and how he is coping.

My wifes parents are both suffering similarly and its not been nice to watch.
Good days, bad days, but its those little moments and comments that can sting, like when dad is reminded that the lady over there is his wife. Wife? I didn't even know I was married! They are just over 90yo and been married for well over 60.

I hope AM's family are doing OK.
Moffat on the podium would have been a nice thing to see.....(Chaz! )
Old 18 Oct 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3935322)   #25
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
As others have said, there are good days and bad days. It's a horrible condition. From the look of it, he had a pretty good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im sure he has days that are better than others. I know from experience with my Father who suffered Alzheimer's . One day he would be relating to me about things we had done in family cars 40-50 years ago.... the very next day was not a good day as I heard him asking my Mother who the bloke sat on the lounge was (it was me). Within months he did not even know or recognise who my Mother was, his wife and constant companion of 65 years. Very sad and heartbreaking for family and those close.
Sorry to hear that EB. Seen family members suffer from it and to go from having deep and meaningful conversations to "Sorry, who are you?" is one of the worst feelings anyone can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Yeah, read Razors post last night and been thinking about Allan and how he is coping...I hope AM's family are doing OK.
Moffat on the podium would have been a nice thing to see.....(Chaz! )
From the looks of things, he's going OK considering. As James said, it's a tough and emotional time but Allan is safe, well and happy.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3935328)   #26
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"it's a tough and emotional time but Allan is safe, well and happy. "

I did take the positives out of your post, in what James told you about Allan being happy where he is.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3935397)   #27
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
All good peeps, have watching it first hand also and its happening right now to another family member. Called the circle of life sadly
Old 19 Oct 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3935628)   #28
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
What made a few people a bit teary eyed was when he passed the convertible with Mostert and James sitting on top, Allan mouthed "I love you" when he saw his son
Old 29 Oct 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3937495)   #29
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Interesting to see Allan in the small video for Tickford celebrating his Coke Mustang and the tribute livery the current Mustang has with his son co-driving it.

https://www.facebook.com/supercars/v...595991383/?t=2
Old 29 Oct 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3937531)   #30
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any idea where that is filmed? A proving ground somewhere?
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19