Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2019, 03:10 (Ref:3937250)   #91
Trevor
Veteran
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Australia
Victoria
Posts: 1,464
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh, but it does make for an interesting 'fight for the championship' at the end of the year.

Would the numbers be down for TV and through the gate if Scott won the championship on the weekend - You betcha. Would Supercars be unhappy about that - you betcha

Oh, the sceptic is me is yelling "foul play" but the game goes on
Trevor is offline  
__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 03:20 (Ref:3937253)   #92
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 990
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
Would accept that if he crashed during the shootout. He had already put in two laps that would get him in the shootout though...even when they took away his fastest lap due to causing the red flag he still would have been second-last out in the shootout (if he still had a car).

There was no need for him to try to lower his time even further given there was still the shoot-out to come.
The answer would be due to the 888 cars being up to nearly three tenths quicker than car 17, during the prior day's race.

He would have simply been looking to find that extra pace.
Forda is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 03:49 (Ref:3937255)   #93
bluesport
Veteran
 
bluesport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Australia
Posts: 2,927
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Parity changes are only ever made to help holden teams so Ford supporters shouldn't hold their breath waiting for any relief.
bluesport is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 05:37 (Ref:3937262)   #94
Jamolad
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 66
Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
oh, but it does make for an interesting 'fight for the championship' at the end of the year.

Would the numbers be down for TV and through the gate if Scott won the championship on the weekend - You betcha. Would Supercars be unhappy about that - you betcha

Oh, the sceptic is me is yelling "foul play" but the game goes on
Are you suggesting...what are you suggesting? Supercars put 17-specific magnets in the walls? How did they ensure he had a DNS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
The answer would be due to the 888 cars being up to nearly three tenths quicker than car 17, during the prior day's race.

He would have simply been looking to find that extra pace.
He was in qualifying trim, he wasn't looking for race pace, and what you said does not align with his own description of what happened.
Jamolad is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3937263)   #95
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 990
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
He was in qualifying trim, he wasn't looking for race pace, and what you said does not align with his own description of what happened.
Scotty said: "We were trying to do a shootout lap then, I was practicing for the (Armor All Top 10) Shootout."

That can be interpreted however you want, but it sounds like he wanted to be at the front, presumably given the faster pace 888 had on him in the prior race.

And 888's faster race pace is really what the topic is currently about.
Forda is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3937264)   #96
Jamolad
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 66
Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
And 888's faster race pace is really what the topic is currently about.
So why bring up the crashes in qualy?

Thought the pace of 17 was on par with 97 and 888 - but with aero as it is now, and turn 4 being the only place to pass at GC, you have an uphill battle if you don't have track position (unless you have much fresher tyres). 17 lost the race on Saturday when CL got Premat off the start. The (new) 17 car will be fastest again come Sandown.
Jamolad is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3937265)   #97
Trevor
Veteran
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Australia
Victoria
Posts: 1,464
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
Are you suggesting...what are you suggesting? Supercars put 17-specific magnets in the walls? How did they ensure he had a DNS?.
I am not suggesting anything, just throwing some odd thinking around, stranger things have happened
Trevor is offline  
__________________
I reserve the right to arm bears
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3937268)   #98
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 990
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
So why bring up the crashes in qualy?
Mixup brought it up one page back, possibly before taking his meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
Thought the pace of 17 was on par with 97 and 888 - but with aero as it is now, and turn 4 being the only place to pass at GC, you have an uphill battle if you don't have track position (unless you have much fresher tyres). 17 lost the race on Saturday when CL got Premat off the start. The (new) 17 car will be fastest again come Sandown.
Car 17 was nearly 3/10ths off car 97's best time in Saturday's race.

Whether a new chassis will be able to bridge the gap to 888's current form will remain to be seen, but if you were to compare 888's performance gains against the Mustang's since Auckland, it would be appear to be unlikely.
Forda is online now  
Quote
Old 28 Oct 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3937270)   #99
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 5,359
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I look forward to continued influence from our Daney overlords and for Scott to lose the unloseable.

I also raise a glass to those who after winning 3/4 of the races this year, are still complaining.
Mixer is online now  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Livingstone strikes again! Craig Road Car Forum 5 29 Jun 2006 17:22
Point and shooter strikes again. Pigit Motorsport Art & Photography 28 16 Jun 2006 21:24
Mr Green's Nemesis Strikes Again! Hepatic Marshals Forum 4 31 Aug 2004 16:49
Tragedy strikes again... Jay NASCAR & Stock Car Racing 16 20 Feb 2001 23:40


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.