Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Jun 2001, 20:02 (Ref:111558)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's going to the Snetterton BTCC nite race??

Why?? Cause I'm thinking of going!! AAAARRGGHHH!!! I've never been to a racing track before!! How scary!!!

The only thing is this.......

1) How much?? I'm VERY poor.
2) Who'd I go with?? I'm thinking my chum Greg, but (and no offence here) I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU and if he can't afford it, I no go too.
3) Erm..... can't think of a third!!
4) When is it again?? I KNOW I could just look it up but... I can't be arsed.
5) If there isn't a truly ALMIGHTY response to this, I'll probably not go anyway. So ner. WHAT??!!! I'M POOR, OK?!!

Finally....

Dear Mr Moderator,
I KNOW I've posted this in the wrong forum, but I've done it deliberatly. I don't really hang out in the Touring Car Forum much, and I am very scared of them all. They're all big and hairy. The people who I "know" are mostly all the F1 lot. SOOOOOOO.... I've posted this in the GRAVEL TRAP with the DELIBERATE INTENTION of it getting moved, highlighting my plight in BOTH forums!! Clever, huh?? Go on!! Move it!! I dare ya!!

Regards,
T
Old 30 Jun 2001, 20:41 (Ref:111570)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, fair do's Tristan, they'll probably move it - but to Trackside rather than the Touring Car Forum.

(But I thought I'd sneak in to encourage you before they do!)

Basically, there are absolutely shedloads of 10-tenths people booked in for the day. I am sure that you would be more than welcome. There seem to be newbies joining in at almost every meeting this year. So don't be shy.

On the other hand, be prepared to meet Invader, so be afraid. Be very afraid...
Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:21 (Ref:111747)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sooooo... WHO'S COMING THEN???

I don't like the way this post hasn't been moved yet. Hmmph.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 16:00 (Ref:111800)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Principally because all the BTCC junkies are actually at a BTCC meeting this weekend up at Donington. No doubt they'll check in as they drift on home this afternoon.

Or you could sneak into the Trackside forum and figure out a rollcall from there....
Old 1 Jul 2001, 19:31 (Ref:111857)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TimD's right this is really for the trackside forum, so I'll move it. Have fun guys!
Old 1 Jul 2001, 20:58 (Ref:111876)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Re: Who's going to the Snetterton BTCC nite race??

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
I don't really hang out in the Touring Car Forum much, and I am very scared of them all. They're all big and hairy. The people who I "know" are mostly all the F1 lot.
Oi, us lot in TCWorld are not big and hairy. No wait, now you mention it.....

Quick expected rollcall - myself, Lorna, WoodyTJ, Phil, Paul, Kaz, Craig, Danielsun (?), Invader, Minardi Fan (?), Bella (?), SL (?)

Anyone else ?
Old 1 Jul 2001, 20:59 (Ref:111877)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd say all of the regular gang will be planning to go. (i'm going!)

1. about £25 for the whole weekend.
2. we don't bite (unless you ask.. whoops, been round 'vader too long..). but for the first time, i'd recommend bringing someone with you. introduce friends to motorsport - i brought 2 friends along and they loved it.
3. fair enough
4. snetterton is off the a11 in naaaarfolk.
5. it is worth it. we go for the social thing, and to, er, yell at john b&q and wave flags and large inflatable drills. you will enjoy it a lot. we have a lot of drivers, and we get behind them all.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 11:26 (Ref:112042)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
we have a lot of drivers, and we get behind them all.
Geez love, we didn't consume that much alcohol...

Tristan man! You MUST come! You will absolutely love it. ROLL ON THE NIGHT RACE!!! YAY!!!

Last edited by Minardi fan; 2 Jul 2001 at 11:26.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 11:27 (Ref:112043)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Oh, and it's on the weekend 3rd/4th August. Go on, you KNOW you want to...
Old 2 Jul 2001, 15:10 (Ref:112125)   #10
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it you??

That's not the Tris I know is it, the Dublin-bound Tris of f1rogues.com????

Reveal yourself!!!!

PS Nice to meet everyone at Donington, u r all nutters! Remember the inflatable kangaroo for Snet, and more airhorns please!!!!!

Rache
Old 2 Jul 2001, 16:43 (Ref:112139)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
And just where are we supposed to get this inflatable kangaroo from?!?!?! (Hey, I don't mind waving it around - I made a tw*t of myself with the inflatable drill so a blow-up kangaroo will be nothing...)

Old 2 Jul 2001, 16:57 (Ref:112146)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
My mission for the next four weeks will, as promised, be to source a giant inflatable kangeroo... anyone got the phone number of the Australian embassy ?

Good to meet you too Rache! Glad be made such a good impression

No, that's not Tris Douglas; from memory he posts as F1 Rogues... but that was before he ran away from home!
Old 2 Jul 2001, 17:41 (Ref:112159)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eeehh gods there must be a quicker way of deflating the drill - it took ages. I ended up sitting on it!!!!!

Sorry Rache - couldn't find you - I'll try again at Snetterton.

See everyone there...
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:30 (Ref:112178)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bet it went down pretty sharpish after that then, eh ?

Les, I do believe you missed Rache at the barbeque...
Old 2 Jul 2001, 18:31 (Ref:112181)   #15
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Tristan

Yep i'm going to Snetteron and if it is anything like Donington it is going to be a scream ....!

And Rache is right we do need more airhorns
Old 2 Jul 2001, 20:12 (Ref:112222)   #16
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news I'm afraid, I'll be at Snetterton. Have to take the Friday off work to travel across and get set up for the Friday night. Anyone else camping on the Friday night? If so, see you there. Just look out for a black Honda Civic next to a tent on fire and that will be me. I'll be a responsible adult by Snetterton, over 30 then, doh.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:17 (Ref:112258)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know which fool was in charge of airhorn related purchases, but they made a poor job of it.
best nominate a responsible adult for that job next time.

good to see you, rache, am already investigating the inflatable kangaroo possibilities...

les, luv, please don't encorege the boy 'vader....
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:20 (Ref:112260)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Think perhaps we should work together on the roo front, bella, i'm looking too...

The closest I got was via a web search... but clicking the link lead to a *very* dodgy site...! The mind boggled I can tell you; I really didn't know they did that sort of thing in Australia... but then again, it would explain Dan, wouldn't it ?
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:30 (Ref:112265)   #19
Daz
Racer

Best not leaving the air horns to me. I'll probably find a way of turning them in to flame throwers.
Just think it was back at Thruxton I met most of you for the first time and braved it on my own. I'm so so glad I did that as the last few meetings have been so different for me but in an enjoyable way.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 21:44 (Ref:112270)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i do believe craig's holding a pyrotecnics anonymous meeting later this week, daz

craig, if one of us searches at one end of the country and the other searches at the other, we'll meet in the middle and see what happens..
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:09 (Ref:112284)   #21
Daz
Racer

Just found this site http://www.inflatable.net/mascots/index.shtml but there even too big for us I think. I'll keep looking for something of a smaller scale.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:25 (Ref:112289)   #22
Daz
Racer

Just found another one http://www.funfactory.co.uk/ and I've requested info on inflatable kangaroo's which will be sent out to me soon. If there's anything useful I'll let you all know.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:42 (Ref:112299)   #23
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Ok. I gotta ask, although I may regret it.. What's this about kangaroos?

Tristan posted
2) Who'd I go with?? I'm thinking my chum Greg, but (and no offence here) I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU

Pretty good reason for going then, eh?

I'll bring a few airhorns, and does anyone want one of those light-sticks I had at Silverstone? I'll try and pick up a few of those. I got them from an A1 motorist's store the last time.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 22:51 (Ref:112305)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y
Ok. I gotta ask, although I may regret it.. What's this about kangaroos?
our newest recruit, hyla breese, happens to be an aussie, and after the inflatable drill for b&q, we really do need a kangaroo for hyla.
don't worry, daz isn't going to burn that too... are you daz?!
Old 2 Jul 2001, 23:00 (Ref:112308)   #25
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I too have requested info from inflatable sites. Will be kewl.

And groovy light sticks??!?!?! Oooh yes.

!!!