Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Dec 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3871268)   #2376
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
All this talk about club-level races is fine, but there is one big problem, and it's the usual question of who is paying for it. On the odd occasions we've had a one-off club race on the program they had to buy their slot on the timetable and contribute towards the TV costs. We are talking about a not insignificant amount of money, which means convincing your series sponsor (if you have one), or finding a one-off sponsor, to stump up the cash. Unlikely you will find a non-manufacturer backed series prepared to make that sort of season-long investment.
Old 18 Dec 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3871269)   #2377
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
All this talk about club-level races is fine, but there is one big problem, and it's the usual question of who is paying for it. On the odd occasions we've had a one-off club race on the program they had to buy their slot on the timetable and contribute towards the TV costs. We are talking about a not insignificant amount of money, which means convincing your series sponsor (if you have one), or finding a one-off sponsor, to stump up the cash. Unlikely you will find a non-manufacturer backed series prepared to make that sort of season-long investment.
An opportunity for Mr Gow to giving something back to club motorsport, he could absorb 1 qualifying session and 2 15 min races into a weekend

Steve
Old 18 Dec 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3871270)   #2378
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the replacement for clio cup has obviously already been decided because according to autosport.com the replacement will be announced at the autosport show:

“BTCC boss Alan Gow said a replacement category for the Renault series would be announced at the Autosport International Show (January 10-13).”
Old 18 Dec 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3871273)   #2379
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Clio Cup is a big part of the BTCC package and is the main feeder series.

Should be the AmD Honda seats announced sometime this week.
yeah big part of fastforwarding on me sky Q
Old 19 Dec 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3871308)   #2380
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
I didn't know that, I don't recognise your name??

What do you race and which series?
Lol, I wasn't being all "do you know who I am?". But redshoes makes the same point about costs. I race an original Group 1 Rover ex DPR and TWR from 1980 to 82. Also an MGB in FIA events. The Rover has Been at Goodwood for every Members Meeting to date. Also races with MRL and CER.

Ok back to the topic.

I believe someone mentioned the MG3 series? This is a feeder series for the MG Car Club. Not expected to be a Clio or Fiesta type championship.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3871316)   #2381
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I believe someone mentioned the MG3 series? This is a feeder series for the MG Car Club. Not expected to be a Clio or Fiesta type championship.
Correct, the idea is to introduce a current model race series within the MGCC. No ambitions beyond that.

Yours, another historic racer.....
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3871317)   #2382
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if M-Sport could put together a fleet of Fiesta ST's?

Or given Toyota's recent backing of Speedworks, could they follow it up with a Yaris GRMN series?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3871318)   #2383
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tordoff and Butcher in the Amd Civics.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3871319)   #2384
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dissapointed for them that they couldn't get Jack Goff in the Civic

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???????
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - Rob Smith

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
Mercedes A - Ciceley - Dan Rowbottom

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat ?

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Sam Tordoff
Honda Civic - AMD - Rory Butcher

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Jake Hill

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Nic Hamilton ???????

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????

BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Andrew Jordan ??
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley ??

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Olie Jackson ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton ???
Subaru Levorg - BMR - ????

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Dec 2018 at 08:16.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3871320)   #2385
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Prediction for AMD/TPC run by AMD:

Honda 1 - Sam Tordoff
Honda 2 - Rory Butcher

TPC Audi 1 - Jake Hill
TPC Audi 2 - Nic Hamilton

....ooh 3/4 so far
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3871321)   #2386
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the youth View Post
An opportunity for Mr Gow to giving something back to club motorsport, he could absorb 1 qualifying session and 2 15 min races into a weekend
TOCA are running a business not a charity. Or are you suggesting that Alan Gow personally puts his hand in his pocket?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3871322)   #2387
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Tordoff and Butcher in the Amd Civics.
That's a fine lineup. A proven BTCC winner and a young man with obvious talent; if AmD don't chalk up a win it won't be for lack of investment in motors or driver skills.

So as Sam is running in a car with one of AmDs TBLs does that mean he has loaned his to ex-teammate JP? 🙄🤣
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3871323)   #2388
porsche962fan
Veteran

at last we are spared the eye cancer indusing Focus
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3871324)   #2389
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
at last we are spared the eye cancer indusing Focus
A pink Civic could be quite fetching... have AmD shown the livery and I've missed it? I thought it was due for reveal at ASI.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3871325)   #2390
redshoes
Veteran

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...9-btcc-assault
AmD are really upping their game this year. No, I don't mean the drivers, I'm referring to the double-handed 'shake with Shaun'
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3871326)   #2391
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Tordoff has got a drive, feel he's made a good choice there. And Butcher, glad to see him get another season with the team
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3871330)   #2392
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...9-btcc-assault
AmD are really upping their game this year. No, I don't mean the drivers, I'm referring to the double-handed 'shake with Shaun'
Oh no thats a point, what are we going to do now between ASI and season launch if we havent got Shaun standing outside his industrial unit shaking hands with any passing racing drivers to get us going??
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3871331)   #2393
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
A pink Civic could be quite fetching... have AmD shown the livery and I've missed it? I thought it was due for reveal at ASI.
looking at BTCC.NET they are going for the blue half/orange half same as they did this year with the MG, but of course thats just a pre season mock up... could be pink yet
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3871332)   #2394
porsche962fan
Veteran

and the 2 team we have absolutly no clue or rumor are PMR and BTC Norlin

only that JP in a FWD thing , other than that nothing
Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3871333)   #2395
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
thankfully not

Old 19 Dec 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3871334)   #2396
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think it would be great for various club racing championships to 'get a go' at BTCC meetings (like my old favourites the Mini Se7ens are at Thruxton), but another (not impossible) logistical problem would be where do they go in the paddock? I know it's a flipping long time since I raced but we would turn upon the day, scrutineer, practice and race all on the same day. Things have changed I accept, but would guess that a lot of club racers don't have the budget to attend 2 - 3 day meetings (or doing so may force the to miss a couple of other rounds to make up the shortfall).
Old 19 Dec 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3871337)   #2397
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Tony Gilham beat them to it!

But actually the livery shown (the mockup, at least) looks really nice and kudos to Shaun for putting together such a strong driver lineup.

Surprised Tordoff left Motorbase though, as they really seemed to be on top of things after the summer break and he had either the highest or second highest qualifying average across the whole season.

If Cole is out then we have a Focus going spare.... Goff? Coates? Epps? Hamilton? Plato..?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3871339)   #2398
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m a bit disappointed Goff isn’t in one of the Civics but I guess money talks.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3871340)   #2399
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
dissapointed for them that they couldn't get Jack Goff in the Civic

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???????
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - Rob Smith

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
Mercedes A - Ciceley - Dan Rowbottom

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat ?

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Sam Tordoff
Honda Civic - AMD - Rory Butcher

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Jake Hill

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Nic Hamilton ???????

BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Andrew Jordan ??
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley ??

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Olie Jackson ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton ???
Subaru Levorg - BMR - ????
Still confused by the ??s

Two against Matt Neal, but none against Cammish?
Jordan listed at WSR but not Turkington?

Could you explain the strength of these assumptions please?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3871342)   #2400
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and the 2 team we have absolutly no clue or rumor are PMR and BTC Norlin
Are you reading a different forum?