Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Mar 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3892809)   #4776
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Close Brothers have many fingers in many Motorsport pies. The modern Houseman Dry Lining.
Or Right Choice Insurance Brokers Insurance.

New engineer for Turkington this year, I presume his other offer was to follow Kev to the wtcr.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3892834)   #4777
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looking at Wikipedia - so some of these numbers may be a little bit off - it doesn't look like the non-Ginetta support package is going to be too exciting this year...

Ginetta Juniors - 25 cars
Ginetta GT4s - 18 cars (8 Pro)

Formula 4 - 13 cars
Carrera Cup - 15 cars (6 Pro)
Clio Cup - 10 cars (!)
believe both ginetta grids will get slightly bigger after brands because there's entries that have to skip the first round in both.

embarassingly for the clios, the barc-run series for older cars has a grid almost double the size.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3892904)   #4778
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looking at Wikipedia - so some of these numbers may be a little bit off - it doesn't look like the non-Ginetta support package is going to be too exciting this year...

Ginetta Juniors - 25 cars
Ginetta GT4s - 18 cars (8 Pro)

Formula 4 - 13 cars
Carrera Cup - 15 cars (6 Pro)
Clio Cup - 10 cars (!)
That Porsche number appears to be the number of cars that ran at their media day. Not every driver was there, and those who were didn't all run.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3892982)   #4779
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

embarassingly for the clios, the barc-run series for older cars has a grid almost double the size.
I wouldn’t say it’s embarrassing, the BARC Clio championship is in no way top level, the Clio Cup is. The budgets are significantly different, I ran a car in a BARC championship, I’ve got no hope of running one in the Clio Cup.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3892986)   #4780
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Rob Austin to be involved (somewhat) with Speedworks this year.

http://www.speedworksmotorsport.com/...s#.XJTpLLhpFPY
If a knob falls off Tingrams dashboard they could install Rob...
Old 23 Mar 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3892988)   #4781
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I wouldn’t say it’s embarrassing, the BARC Clio championship is in no way top level, the Clio Cup is. The budgets are significantly different, I ran a car in a BARC championship, I’ve got no hope of running one in the Clio Cup.
i've got a fairly good knowledge of both, and i'd still say it is. i can only assume that toes might have been trodden on if they'd done something cool to mitigate the inevitable small grid and gone for a celebration year by opening up the grid to older versions of the clios or something. have to applaud them for the parts credit idea though, that'll make a difference to some competitors and the quality is still there.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3893056)   #4782
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedworks teasing a "big announcement" tomorrow at 10am. I'm thinking a surprise second Corolla for a relatively well-known name from outside of touring cars.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3893066)   #4783
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Speedworks teasing a "big announcement" tomorrow at 10am. I'm thinking a surprise second Corolla for a relatively well-known name from outside of touring cars.
It would have to be entered outside of the championship as the entry list is full.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3893068)   #4784
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
'tis a sponsor. A big 'un mind...
Old 24 Mar 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3893069)   #4785
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
It would have to be entered outside of the championship as the entry list is full.
The Administrator has the right at his/her absolute discretion to accept or reject any registration for the Championship received after Friday, February 22nd, 2019 upon such terms as he/she thinks fit.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3893071)   #4786
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The car was wrapped last week so I'd think a livery reveal is almost certain - whether there's 'a big announcement' alongside it is a different matter, though a big name sponsor as Alfisti hinted may fit the bill.

Given Rob Austin is now working with Speedworks, I'd say he'd have his foot in the door for a 2nd Corolla.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 15:17 (Ref:3893074)   #4787
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Given Rob Austin is now working with Speedworks, I'd say he'd have his foot in the door for a 2nd Corolla.
Rob Austin is the brother in law of Christian Dick, I wouldn't read anything into it.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3893075)   #4788
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Administrator has the right at his/her absolute discretion to accept or reject any registration for the Championship received after Friday, February 22nd, 2019 upon such terms as he/she thinks fit.
thats just for late registrations if a team missed the date. but they would still need a tbl and there arent any more of those. it was announced back in december that all 30 are taken and that toca wont be issuing their two spares

geez how many times do we have to go through this?
Old 24 Mar 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3893094)   #4789
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Rob Austin is the brother in law of Christian Dick, I wouldn't read anything into it.
So Knob is related to Dick. I pity poor Dick, though every family has at least one Knob...
Old 24 Mar 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3893095)   #4790
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
geez how many times do we have to go through this?
Spoil sport!
Old 24 Mar 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3893098)   #4791
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given Microsoft are one of Toyotas WRC sponsors, perhaps Toyota GB have them signed up as well
Old 24 Mar 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3893119)   #4792
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The car was wrapped last week so I'd think a livery reveal is almost certain
One can but hope...

(from https://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-toyota...retro-liveries)
Old 24 Mar 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3893128)   #4793
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can’t wait to see the new livery, but I love those retro liveries on there
Old 25 Mar 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3893195)   #4794
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ginsters Pasties well its a different sponsor.....
Old 25 Mar 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3893201)   #4795
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you’ll be able to get your breakfast at the Motorbase tent and your lunch at the Speedworks one, perfect.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3893204)   #4796
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great to see a new genuine household brand name in the series
Old 25 Mar 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3893205)   #4797
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It’s not a bad livery at all, looks fairly professional. Surprised at the relative lack of Toyota decals though...
Old 25 Mar 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3893207)   #4798
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's an awful livery. It's just a mess with no finesse sort of thing. But I rather take an ugly livery than no livery/Corolla at all.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3893222)   #4799
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Harvey and David Bartrum will be hanging around the Speedworks garage a lot this year, won't they?
Old 25 Mar 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3893227)   #4800
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
I think performances might be a bit flaky to begin with, but once they get the car sorted and if it doesn't run out of puff, they'll be on a (sausage) roll going into the tail end of the season. Definitely a choux in for the 2020 title.